Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Gough has a wee bleat about some fantasies that never happened in the Sun e14440.gif

Gough: When will the Rangers witch hunt end?

Spoiler: click to toggle

Why are people so hell-bent on attacking Rangers?

No one likes us the fans sing. That line has never been more apt.

Continue the verse Gougie and you'll find the real reason. We all hate your club because it's followed by and panders to bigots. The EBTs have made no difference to that.

From The FT...

Last week, three judges in Scotlands Court of Sessions opined that EBTs set up by the old Rangers football club (the one that went under more than four years ago) were merely a way for club staff and footballers to avoid their dues to Her Majestys Revenue & Customs.

....old club.

Edited by THE KING

Great stuff from Gough, writing in the Sun for an audience of thick people and managing with ghost help, to pitch it just right.

You know that someone has no grasp of the matter and no arguments of worth, when they address the irelevant idea of the vanquished receiving the medals instead.

There can be nothing weaker than the "on the pitch" drivel.

The fact that he seems to equate any club operating a single hypothetical EBT (correctly or otherwise), with what Rangers have done displays his ignorance for all.

It's notable that his article makes no mention of side letters or registration. The daft sod doesn't have a clue what this is about at all. Neither do the other no very bright players he's keen to refer to.

The only significance of this article is that it shows that there is genuine worry about title stripping. I still don't see it happening, but the debate is clearly not going away just yet. If It was, there would be no need for this witless continuing propaganda.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

I wonder why people had been more sympathetic towards Hearts...... Can't put my finger on it

171187-rangers-fans-with-sink-us-and-welarticle-0-12D040BE000005DC-298_468x388.j

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-17877910

Following the SFA judicial panel's decision to impose the transfer embargo on the club, its three members had their names leaked online.

They later received "abusive and threatening communication".

http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/rangers/305041-sandy-jardine-rangers-supporters-will-take-sanctions-against-other-clubs/

The club ambassador said that harsh penalties for Rangers would hurt other clubs but also said that he would be meeting with supporters associations ahead of action against clubs they felt had been unhelpful

It wasn’t Rangers Football Club, it was Craig Whyte who put us in this situation,” Jardine said.

The players did nothing wrong, the management of the club did nothing wrong, the supporters did nothing wrong and the staff did nothing wrong.

“Rangers are a special case mainly because of the size of the club within Scottish football and what it delivers.

“We’ll get a bit of pain, but everybody else is going to get a bit of pain too.”

“Out of that, the supporters will take sanctions against clubs which we deem have been unfair to ourselves.

Edited by Enrico Annoni

Gough starts his article with a silly hypothetical scenario. "Imagine if Henrick had an EBT" How about imagining Rangers didn't use EBT's? Just imagine that Richard? Just think that some of those players that won titles might not have even bothered signing for Rangers if they were to be paid less. Try, for a moment to imagine that.

In quieter moments I sometimes imagine Ronaldo and Messi playing for Aberdeen. Nice thought but gets me nowhere.

Bugs me that he puts hatred as a reason for anybody wanting tainted trophies removed. Can he not understand that fans feel they were paying to watch a bent game?

Anyone commenting now that's in any way connected to Rangers are now cranking up the pressure on the other clubs in the hope they stay silent.

It's going to take some very brave men to do the right thing. Doubt it'll happen though.

In my case it is hatred that wants title , stripping , hatred for cheats.

That oldco Rangers are the cheats, surely is only coincidental and any other cheats who are found, should also have any tainted titles/cups stripped, Rangers have had too much kid gloves treatment, treat them like all cheats not a special one :1eye

In my case it is hatred that wants title , stripping , hatred for cheats.

For me it's simple:

A) I want titles stripped because Rangers lied in order to gain advantage.

B) I want titles stripped because I can't stand Rangers as a club.

I'm perfectly happy to have these sit side by side.

For me it's simple: A) I want titles stripped because Rangers lied in order to gain advantage. B) I want titles stripped because I can't stand Rangers as a club. I'm perfectly happy to have these sit side by side.

Personally i want that horrible club to die.

Completely.

For ever.

I'm not quite getting the full impact of what Green's QC said in court during the week and how it translates to the perception that Rangers are a new club? He didn't say that directly did he?

He basically ridiculed the idea of the club and company being different things, said CG bought a "basket of assets" that we're not indivisible and asked where the club was then.

He said the players and management worked for Sevco, played in a ground owned by Sevco and the fans bought tickets from Sevco and that Sevco were responsible for paying his legal costs.

Did Celtic FC not employ a child abuser? blink.gif

I actually think its amazing that Celtic fans can turn abuse that happened at their club around on other clubs.Astonishing.

How exactly would you know that I do this?

ETA: Child abuse istelf is not laughed at.

What is sung about is your vile clubs attempt to cover it up.

Thought you would be smart enough to understand this.

Classy as ever.

I was referring to their pro terrorist leanings and their own tax avoidance schemes, I'll leave the less than savoury stuff to classy gents like your good self.