Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

It isn't a binary choice though. I was involved with a football club as an unincorporated association, we then changed the legal form to a NFP Company limited by guarantee. This of course is not what happened with your team. So if you want a Y or N answer then N a club does not equal a registered company universally. If you want specifics then Rangers FC was a public limited company.

Let me ask you a question - What defines a football club?

It is.

I assume that you were too inebriated to understand last night. I have quite clearly shown that it isn't a binary choice by detailing three different legal forms the club can exist as. What is certain is that without any legal persona, the club cannot exist. That is unless you are in the land of unicorns and elfs.

"Ever since the start of this whole thing it's never sat right with me and to me getting the oldco back would mean we vindication that the last 4 years we've been victims in a crime. I know a lot of folk don't care but for me it would go some way for making up for the way we've been treated the last 4 years or so."

I particularly like this one from one of the rangersmedia bampots. Not only is he admitting that the oldco/newco bravado of the last three years was unfounded, he also takes the opportunity to show us that these days rangers fans really have a bigger victim mentality than the eastenders ever had. How I laugh when I recall just how much the rangers fans used to slag off celtic fans for this......

Never mind "The Flip Flopp Rangers", I think "The Hypocrisy Rangers" just about sums it up!

See if the old club does somehow come out of liquidation could they even transfer the sfa membership from the new club?

From what I have read they wouldn't have to since all the holding company wants to do is take the entity known as The Rangers Football Club plc under their umbrella. It doesn't make much difference to The Rangers Football Club Ltd unless the holding company wants to merge the two, which would only happen if the investors can pay the debts including if the big tax case goes against them.

All it does is show up the last 3 years as a con trick to get gullible bears to part with their hard earned dole money.

Rico, the 'club' is the brand. The day-to-day attachment that fans feel and enjoy (a debate for another thread, I suppose) and that folk memory of great games and boozy aftermaths. That's what people are so jealously guarding. No-one gave a stuff about the business end of things until about 3 years ago. As long as the champagne was held aloft at the end of the season and the silverware flowed in rivers.

FTFY.

Is this why the Berz keep wanting to debate about old club new club all the time?

Really looking forward to their analysis of the mad Kings latest rant.

They'll be along soon, aye? Probably just having a wee PM chat to get their story straight.

Is this why the Berz keep wanting to debate about old club new club all the time?

Really looking forward to their analysis of the mad Kings latest rant.

They'll be along soon, aye? Probably just having a wee PM chat to get their story straight.

Apart from forever_bites walking into it earlier on. :lol:

then quickly

giphy.gif

And Bendy going down the Scott Allan distraction route which never worked, because Dave King just can't keep his trap shut .

apart from them its been rather quiet from our resident bearz

I just seen this and I really am astonished. Can't get my head around this at all, what exactly is King's angle here? There has to be something going.

Why would King ever care what other people think?

I can see two angles here that would benefit King.

One, Oldco does a Lazarus and somehow pays out to all the creditors. King receives a massive wedge as part of his claim.

Two, King knows that Newco is going tits up. He is trying to clear a pathway that makes it acceptable to follow a third entity which he will set up and run. King receives a massive wedge as part of his roll.

I just seen this and I really am astonished. Can't get my head around this at all, what exactly is King's angle here? There has to be something going.

To get his £20m back.....hands up all bears who want an old holding company resurrected and the assets put in it? Dave says you would all like it!