Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

As has been said before - if Rangers hadn't weren't found to have engaged in serious, intentional and systematic rule-breaking over hundreds of games in all competitions, it's a bit odd that they were slapped with what was IIRC the largest fine in Scottish football history.

Maybe they got the biggest fine for being especially awesome, or something?

Think it was a world record TBF

Let's not go back over the definition of 'cheating' again.

Rangers deliberately withheld information from the football authorities, presumably because they weren't sure if the EBTs were legal or not. The LNS statement said 'Oldco through its senior management decided that such side-letter arrangements should not be disclosed to the football authorities...'. To anyone other than a sophist, that's cheating - one cheat (non-disclosure) to cover up what they thought was another cheat (payment of EBTs)!

If there was no cheating, why were they fined 250K?

Administrative errors.

Rangers fans wanking furiously on FB because their ground was packed last week and Killies ground was empty tonight.

Seems the topflight is missing them even though stats say they're all doing better.

Why does nobody like you Rangers fans?

Administrative errors.

Aye, the type of administrative errors that were "at least partly motivated by a wish not to risk prejudicing the tax advantages of the EBT scheme". The type of administrative errors that you deliberately attempt to prevent investigation of, and get fined quarter of a million pounds for.

That type of administrative errors.

Didn't think you'd fancy digging your heels in on that one about the admin errors.

Dear old Bennett never digs his heels in because he's generally wrong.

His saving grace is that he's bright enough and essentially decent enough to know it. Just don't ask him to admit it.

The point is not redundant at all.As a football fan, who has taken pleasure and pride at certain stages in things that have been achieved by the club I support, I know how such feelings would be dented very severely, if there were very serious question marks over the legitimacy of such achievements.

What a complete and utter bore you are MT, do you seriously think the sheer joy at experiencing decisive goals by Butcher, Cooper, Durrant, McCoist, Hately, Albertz, McCann, Laudrup and Gascoigne to name but a few down the years was 'severely dented' by thoughts of how the club was being administered at the time, I've got to admit It never crossed my mind once when the ball was hitting the back of the net. I can see how much you would be thinking about it though. Your obsessive wish to deny medals and trophies doesn't change a f*ckin thing. Those performances, goals & results are set in stone, nothing's going to change that now, however much you continue to whine, whinge and moan.

Edited by RedRob72

What a complete and utter bore you are MT, do you seriously think the sheer joy at experiencing decisive goals by Butcher, Cooper, Durrant, McCoist, Hately, Albertz, McCann, Laudrup and Gascoigne to name but a few down the years was 'severely dented' by thoughts of how the club was being administered at the time, I've got to admit It never crossed my mind once when the ball was hitting the back of the net. I can see how much you would be thinking about it though. Your obsessive wish to deny medals and trophies doesn't change a f*ckin thing. Those performances, goals & results are set in stone, nothing's going to change that now, however much you continue to whine, whinge and moan.

I reckon Cooper and Butcher were the only ones on fully legitimate remuneration deals. Does that fact not dilute your 'sheer joy'?

I reckon Cooper and Butcher were the only ones on fully legitimate remuneration deals. Does that fact not dilute your 'sheer joy'?

Difficult to go back and test that theory, no?

No cheating, No charges of cheating, No title stripping, sorry but it's done.

Of course your hollow joy would not have been dented at the time as you got your kicks from grotesque mismatches.

A good few of your listed names pre-date the EBT scandal anyway and would therefore presumably have been registered properly. You seem to be struggling to recognise what's even being discussed here.

The point is though that a rational individual with a trace of appreciation of what sport actually is, would now feel that memories of triumphs from the relevant period were sullied.

I agree that it's done but that doesn't mean that the merits of the decision cannot be discussed.

Were Brechin charged with cheating when expelled from the Scottish Cup a few years back?

So why the hatred of arguably your greatest every owner / Chairman David Murray?

He turned the clumpany around and helped drag it into the 20th century

Without him, you wouldn't have signed said players let alone done 9IAR

Edited by Enrico Annoni

I agree that it's done but that doesn't mean that the merits of the decision cannot be discussed. Were Brechin charged with cheating when expelled from the Scottish Cup a few years back?

Charged with fielding not one but two eligible players iirc, where's the parallel there?

Sullied memories? No not ever! Follow most Sports, Football, Rugby (both codes), Boxing, Golf, Cricket, Horse Racing, Ice Hockey and don't condone cheating in any of them.

I'll say it again one last time , if it was SO undeniably clear that Rangers had cheated to win trophies and such a strong case could have been made on hard evidence against the Club, it would have happened. It hasn't has it?

Keep banging the drum however if that's what keeps you going. Not much else going on is there Monkey?

So why the hatred of arguably your greatest every owner / Chairman David Murray?

He turned the clumpany around and helped drag it into the 20th century

Without him, you wouldn't have signed said players let alone done 9IAR

Don't you start on about dragging a club into the 20th Century FFS !!!