Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

So we've moved from breaking the law to breaking the rules, surely the appropriate mechanisms are in place at each of the various governing bodies to sanction such a punishment. Serious question, if it so transparent that Rangers have deliberately cheated and flouted the rules it should be relatively easy to make the case. Why haven't the footballing bodies pursued this?

The authorities did not want to pursue such a course. It would have required courage.

Rangers got to retain their titles on the basis that the SPL decided they could not impose such penalties retrospectively.

The SFL under Longmuir had already decided that his body was not prepared to examine the legitimacy or otherwise of any League Cups Rangers had won.

There's no doubt though that rules were broken, hence the record breaking fine.

Rangers got to keep their titles, not on the basis that they deserved to, but on the basis that leaving them be was less trouble.

Imagine wanting to accept that, let alone wishing to use it for gloating purposes.

My God, it's pitiful.

The authorities did not want to pursue such a course. It would have required courage. Rangers got to retain their titles on the basis that the SPL decided they could not impose such penalties retrospectively. The SFL under Longmuir had already decided that his body was not prepared to examine the legitimacy or otherwise of any League Cups Rangers had won.There's no doubt though that rules were broken, hence the record breaking fine.Rangers got to keep their titles, not on the basis that they deserved to, but on the basis that leaving them be was less trouble.Imagine wanting to accept that, let alone wishing to use it for gloating purposes.My God, it's pitiful.

They truly are a national embarrassment and have completely shamed the Scottish game.

Just keep telling yourself that Ken, the official record of trophy wins remains fully intact however and It isn't going to change. It may be some time off yet, but 55 will happen and will be a f*ckin glorious momentous occasion for the Club and the fans when it does.

It's all a lie.

You'll just be celebrating your clubs cheating and the corruption endemic in the Scottish game.

What would they have done.

Given every title to Celtic and every cup to the beaten finalist?

What Falkirk fan would want the 2009 Scottish cup that way?

Of course not. Rangers had cheated their way past several sides before getting to meet Falkirk in 09 or us in 08. It doesn't follow at all that our clubs would have had a legitimate claim to those trophies.

The titles should simply have been removed and replaced with blanks on the records to signify Rangers' pre-meditated cheating to 'win' them.

I think you'll find that something similar happened with the Tour de France.

:lol:

and the pain continues.

the title stripping party never happened, please never ever get over it.

And you're seriously happy about keeping titles 'won' in such dodgy circumstances?

If that was my club, the actual ruling wouldn't matter to me. For me, I'd know that they'd not been won legitimately and the memories and records would be forever tarnished.

:lol:

and the pain continues.

the title stripping party never happened, please never ever get over it.

I can only imagine how much of a self esteem boost Rangers' tainted trophies are for you.

It's utterly embarrassing to be in any way proud of them :lol:

Edited by MikeyWellFan

And you're seriously happy about keeping titles 'won' in such dodgy circumstances?If that was my club, the actual ruling wouldn't matter to me. For me, I'd know that they'd not been won legitimately and the memories and records would be forever tarnished.

It's an experience you will never know Monkey, the point is redundant.

It's an experience you will never know Monkey, the point is redundant.

The point is not redundant at all.

As a football fan, who has taken pleasure and pride at certain stages in things that have been achieved by the club I support, I know how such feelings would be dented very severely, if there were very serious question marks over the legitimacy of such achievements.

The authorities did not want to pursue such a course. It would have required courage.

Rangers got to retain their titles on the basis that the SPL decided they could not impose such penalties retrospectively.

The SFL under Longmuir had already decided that his body was not prepared to examine the legitimacy or otherwise of any League Cups Rangers had won.

There's no doubt though that rules were broken, hence the record breaking fine.

Rangers got to keep their titles, not on the basis that they deserved to, but on the basis that leaving them be was less trouble.

Imagine wanting to accept that, let alone wishing to use it for gloating purposes.

My God, it's pitiful.

If I had smilies I'd go the full QC after reading that but a simple lol will have to do.