Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Maybe but as I understand SPL rules only 2 clubs would need to oppose any proposal to veto it. I would suggest (at least) whichever club that would be saved from relegation by Rangers getiing turfed out of SPL plus Mad Vlad. :P

#We are staying up, say we are staying up#

Ibrox only has particular re-sale value as a football stadium. It's not as if there's any shortage of developable land in that part of Glasgow... and it's got a listed stand, that can't be demolished.

All the papers are saying a transfer of league share is an SPL Board matter, though, apparently settled upon a simple majority?

The land will have some value though and if a liquidator has to maximise the value of the assets it might be that a property developer would be the only option. The fact that HMRC have made this move certainly doesn't suggest that they are going to sit down and have some cosy cha about dealing with the tax bill. Suggests to me that if Rangers lose the case an administrator will find it very difficult to get HMRC to agree a payment in the pound which will lead to liquidation and a whole different scenario

I know - but their league membership/share was transferred to another company. Opposed to Airdrieonians - who were liquidated but their membership simply 'lapsed'.

But would the SFA not have to admit the new company as an SFA member as well as the spl approving it

I'm pretty sure your speculation is right, it's an absolute disgrace.

A liquidation motion would be interesting though, in that it presumably limits the SPL's room for manoeuvre, if not much work has been done on establishing a new company.

There would potentially be a power wrangle to determine who should have the right to "be" Rangers. Is Craig Whyte going to be considered fit and proper? Are former board members given their legacy?

I know the SPL seem likely to be happy to "transfer the share". The practicality of it may not be so easy (other than it being effectively cheating).

Maybe but as I understand SPL rules only 2 clubs would need to oppose any proposal to veto it. I would suggest (at least) whichever club that would be saved from relegation by Rangers getiing turfed out of SPL plus Mad Vlad. :P

Do you think Thomson would be up for it?

Lets enjoy it while it lasts. But even if Rangers FC are liquidated just watch as the SPL bend and break the rules to allow a phoenix club to come straight back in to the top tier. They'll no doubt impose a heavy points deduction for several seasons but Glasgow Rangers FC or whatever they're called will be shoehorned into a re-invented league. Perhaps the SPL will be dissolved and re-formed, member clubs by invitation only allowing them to have the teams they really want.

The land will have some value though and if a liquidator has to maximise the value of the assets it might be that a property developer would be the only option. The fact that HMRC have made this move certainly doesn't suggest that they are going to sit down and have some cosy cha about dealing with the tax bill. Suggests to me that if Rangers lose the case an administrator will find it very difficult to get HMRC to agree a payment in the pound which will lead to liquidation and a whole different scenario

I don't see why liquidation means Ibrox turning into houses. Liquidation means the existing company (and its debts) going down-the-spout. Someone else (Whyte?) can come along, buy Ibrox from the liquidator, and either start completely afresh or have the league share transferred or bought.

Housing companies out-bidding for Ibrox is problematic, since the land's not that valuable, and the Main Stand can't go.

All that assumes Ibrox goes into the pot, too.

Edited by HibeeJibee

These are the people who would decide on Rangers Mark 2 getting a place in the SPL: Ralph Topping (SPL chairman), Neil Doncaster (SPL chief executive), Eric Riley (Celtic), Stephen Thompson (Dundee United), Derek Weir (Motherwell) and Steven Brown (St Johnstone). Ralph Topping would decide if the vote was 3-3.

I suspect there'll need to be some compromise at the end of the day by all parties. If you sell everything rangers own, stadium or not included, you won't realise £75 million. The taxman is not going to get everything. The taxman knows that rangers will continue in some 'guise or other but wants to get as much money out of the deal as possible. If he gets to pick the administrator instead of some Craig Whyte appointee then it'll come down to a simple equation. Does the HMRC get more with rangers liquidated or after a CVA?

Either way doesn't look good for them.

It's quite clear that the SPL and the spineless chairmen of the SPL clubs would allow them back into the SPL.

There is absolutely no chance that both the SPL would reject a phoenix Rangers.

Even if they did, the SFL would not have the balls to say no, and the club would simply do a Gretna.

As funny as all this is, effectively all that will happen is a new, debt-free, Rangers will be in the SPL either the next season, or four years down the line.

Edited by Todd_is_God

But would the SFA not have to admit the new company as an SFA member as well as the spl approving it

I would assume the SFA would be able to transfer a membership in the same way the SPL can. It clearly happens; afterall, barely any clubs today are as they were in the Victorian era in terms of their legal/financial situation.

I'm not suggesting it's easy-as-pie, btw, just liquidation doesn't necessarily mean "au revoir".

It's quite clear that the SPL and the spineless chairmen of the SPL clubs would allow them back into the SPL.

There is absolutely no chance that both the SPL would reject a phoenix Rangers.

Even if they did, the SFL would not have the balls to say no, and the club would simply do a Gretna.

As funny as all this is, effectively all that will happen is a new, debt-free Rangers

If the suits did collude to allow Rangers 2013 United straight into the SPL by cheating and ripping up the rule book - the reaction from supporters, sorry, 'customers' to this development would make the reaction to Doncaster's 'a ten team SPL is the only way' speech seem tame in comparison. A lot of water to flow under the bridge yet.