Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Active collaborators, lol, away and dont talk pish, we were fecking football fans wanting our club to do well, just ordinary blokes in the street that have to work hard in order to pay for our weekly football fix yet here you are with claims we were collaborating in a massive gigantic fraud, aye 'laudible' right enough, what a looney tune.

Of course we are blaming individuals, it was those individuals who planned this out and made millions out of it, the serious fraud office are correct to be going after these 'individuals', looks like you would prefer to have thousands of ordinary football fans locked up instead.

Yes, of course you are. Sir Dave deliberately broke the rules on player registration for gain; Craig Whyte was a fraudster; Charles Green may have been up to no good, and on and on and on.

And you know, any and all of these might be correct, but you don't have to be Sherlock Holmes to spot that investigations into these matters are only supported insofar as they absolutely do not have any possibility of concluding that Rangers deliberately broke the rules on player registration for gain; that Rangers were involved in fraud, or that Rangers may have been up to no good.

And maybe Rangers weren't involved in any of these schemes and frauds. Perhaps the old club/company was entirely composed of blushing innocents who were aghast to discover the crimes of this roster of super-villains, from the board of directors right down to the tea lady.

But again, let's just note that your support for investigations into malfeasance at Rangers is utterly contingent on those investigations restricting themselves to the activities of only a few people, who can then be scapegoated for the entire debacle.

There are strong similarities here with the current round of excuse-making for the team, which would obviously be storming the Championship right now but for the incompetence of one man, Mr Ally McCoist. Because that one man is the excuse for everything on the pitch, much like SDM, Whyte and Green are your excuse for everything else off it.

Edited by flyingrodent

This is nothing more than a rant mate, nobody is scapegoating anybody, individuals run companies, the companies customers expect those individuals to play by the rules, that is why the serious fraud office always go after individuals, it really is that simple.

"Simple" is probably the word I'd use for this analysis, yes.

Well who would you like to see punished then?, if fraud has been committed on a massive scale when Craig Whyte bought Rangers, are those responsible for that fraud 'scapegoats'?

Not when they're being prosecuted for their own crimes, no.

When they're being held accountable by tens of thousands of people for at least a decade of financial jiggery-pokery, sleazy stonewalling of official inquiries, deliberate rule-breaking, running up expensive successes on what turned out to be the public's credit card, and a general avalanche of lies, corruption, deceit and bad faith, then yes.

Sink us and we'll sink you.

Why are these daft slogans always brought up here? Go on Follow Follow or wherever if you want to argue this. I cant recall any Rangers poster supporting these idiot so you can 'Truck Off'!!

Fucking WOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

I'm on the list!!!!!!!

Edited by ThirdrockfromtheSon

Just remember, the views of Rangers fans are never representative of the views of Rangers fans.

And you can Truck Off as well.

Follow Follow is probably the most representative of the Rangers support

Why are these daft slogans always brought up here? Go on Follow Follow or wherever if you want to argue this. I cant recall any Rangers poster supporting these idiot so you can 'Truck Off'!!

I remember a Rangers employee standing on the steps on Hampden making threats against other clubs and businesses

I don't recall any Rangers fans back in the 9iar years congratulating the individual players and coaches about their achievements on the park. I do remember plenty of WATP, etc. It seems Rangers fans are happy for bad things to be assigned to individuals but the good things can be shared all around the 'Rangers family', fans included.

I don't recall any Rangers fans back in the 9iar years congratulating the individual players and coaches about their achievements on the park. I do remember plenty of WATP, etc. It seems Rangers fans are happy for bad things to be assigned to individuals but the good things can be shared all around the 'Rangers family', fans included.

They're quick to discard Murray, yet happy to celebrate the success he brought.