Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Likewise. It seems to me like the last resort of the ill-educated to appear knowledgable.

:lol:

I don't think we really need to entertain counter-boycotts. I work in a Hill's in an area heavily populated by Rangers supporters and I'm yet to see any sign of the boycott. I doubt anyone will be surprised when Hill's, Tesco, Vauxhall, Carling etc etc continue to thrive in the face of about three "superfans" revoking their business.

Aye, but my local one is the one closest to where the masses are having their protest! :D

I had to read Nietzsche for uni, and as a result gained an immediate distrust for anyone who quotes him. It was total bullshit.

A bit surprised to see Ranger's cretin's going for it - but it makes sense - they just see the word philosophy and think "ooooh, that'll make us sound clever".

Of course Nietzsche did have a brief footballing career, but he got booked for his wankery.

To write off his entire work as bullshit would be unfair

The key thing to remember about Neitzche is that he lost his virginity to a whore at University and in the process caught syphylis which eventually sent him mad and killed him. Which explains a lot of the more mysoginist, dark and demented bits of his work

As an ancient Oriental philospher* once said "Genius is twin brother of Madness, sometimes one mistaken for other" Neitzche started off as one and finished as the other. He may have been both for a while. People who quote him as an authority without stopping to think whether he may have had his pants on his head at the time still deserve our mistrust.

* Charlie Chan the Chinese Detective "Charlie Chan at the Opera" 20th Century Fox, 1936

That's exactly what they can afford, hence Jim Traynor.

Even if they could afford an infinite number of Jim Traynors with an infinite number of typewriters, Homer’s bobbing duck toy would still randomly type out a more coherent sentence first.

2ez3gcp.jpg

That's exactly what they can afford, hence Jim Traynor.

Ah Jim Traytor....the man who is on print saying in 1998 when we were going through our problems...who would miss Partick Thistle or who cares if they die...except maybe the luvvies. Sometimes these things come back to haunt you Traytor!!

For me, some of his most insightful and truthful definitions of human nature.

If you treat stuff like Also Sprach Zarathustra as poetry it's quite a powerful read. As a philosopher he barely makes more sense than that other fraud Jean-Paul Sartre, who should have stuck to novels..

Edited by welshbairn

Ah Jim Traytor....the man who is on print saying in 1998 when we were going through our problems...who would miss Partick Thistle or who cares if they die...except maybe the luvvies. Sometimes these things come back to haunt you Traytor!!

It would be great if you had a copy of that quote somewhere.

Firstly , Traynor is an arrogant self important buffoon, talk about nailing your colours to the pole! Embarrassment and disgrace to journalism, is he a member of the NUJ? Shame on them if he is

Er, you don't have to meet any standards to join NUJ - you just have to be a journalist, which is why morons such as myself and that Phil Mac eejit are members.

I seem to remember the Scottish Government brought in legislation a few years back in a bid to clamp down on parades. People organising such an event had to fill in various paperwork and tell the council and the police about it - and either of them could then haul you in for a meeting for more information if they wished. Dunno if it was ever changed - folk were moaning about it at the time but as far as I know it was still in force.

Considering their attempts to publicise the march to Hampden I don't fancy the chances of any Rangers fans trying to fill in a form correctly unless a giro is involved. Pity because, and I'm sure we all agree on this, it would be a great shame to see hundreds of Bears fined a grand a pop for taking part in what is effectively a legal march.

Still, it would have a plus side for Rangers fans - the trip to court to pay the fine would allow them to continue their staunch boycott of G4S.

And Traynor has just said "If this had been another club, there would be a lot more sympathy". Like f**k there would - I support a club that was slated to high heaven because of what they did and if I recall correctly, Traynor and his cronies were at the front of the queue.

More recently the Chick and Traynors of the world were calling for ten point penalties to be applied to Hearts for paying the wages when they said but too late to clear same day.

We've now got Rangers paying wages at a few pence in the pound, although apparently on time.