Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Indeed. That's what Rico does.

Although to be fair, he's also played Tedi, No. 8, and yourself on a regular basis.

When have you seen me having an online conversation with Rico never mind being played by him

I wouldnt have thought that i would have chatted at any length with him since you joined.

Including Scott 'mince' McMenemy, Stella McGlone and the delightful Ms Haggerty.

He yearns for their "respect", reminds me of the WKR....

Bet he owns a green toothbrush and likes a pint of Guinness as well...

Are you guys not embarrassed to post this kind of stuff? I'm actually feeling a bit embarrassed on your behalf.

My God, you mean he's... He's *responding to Tweets*?! The horror, the horror...

Surely Spence must be sacked now. Nobody who responds to messages on social media networks can possibly be trusted to comment on football games.

Spence is free to *respond* as he sees fit. Just as others are free to comment on the nature of his choices. Others commenting is something he's not that keen on it seems.

The funniest moment in the tea-cup storm came from (who else) Spiers who decided to wade in with comments on 'the Stasi'.

Rich indeed from the man who wanted thoughts criminalised.

How does that comment have any relevance to what I posted.

You might remember the cuddly reaction from the sporting wing hordes when Pat Nevin decided to publicly castigate them for singing songs in support of terrorist murderers. As is the way of things over at darkhead.

Jum should be careful where he's making his bed lest he ever need to lie in it. Those sporting wingers don't take kindly to folk shining a light on their murkiest habits...

Spency. FFS.

:lol:

You might remember the cuddly reaction from the sporting wing hordes when Pat Nevin decided to publicly castigate them for singing songs in support of terrorist murderers. As is the way of things over at darkhead.

Jum should be careful where he's making his bed lest he ever need to lie in it. Those sporting wingers don't take kindly to folk shining a light on their murkiest habits...

Spency. FFS.

:lol:

Seriously to fcuk Bendarroch !,it's only a sport so why are you responding in a manner that advocates such responses from the worst of the The Rangers support ?.

Your mob as so fucking wound up their own arses about the club and how it is viewed by any source they can bombard at will that does not hold the opinion of ?,The Rangers.

The club died and reformed and is a continuance of Rangers FC and that's all fine and dandy and no P&D will say otherwise but this same club pish goes beyond stupid by the associations in a vain attempt to swindle all the fans of football,but guess what ?,we P&D's didn't get conned by such nonsense created from the deranged minds at the SFA & SPL.

It's in the SPL commission the date that Rangers died so the companies house could liquidate the club come company !,3rd of August 2012 but we all know it was actually 14th of June when the CVA failed and the club entered into a form of liquidation proceeding that effectively ended an era,and now we have to thank the SFA for creating a worse form of fan base that actually wants to destroy it's maker :blink::1eye:lol: .

Seriously to fcuk Bendarroch !,it's only a sport so why are you responding in a manner that advocates such responses from the worst of the The Rangers support ?.

You post endlessly - and I do mean endlessly - on every possible aspect of our club, in ridiculously nit-picking detail.

And, now, suddenly it's 'only a sport'?

Why would you care if Jum get's it tight for gum bumping on a subject his department already had their arses felt for? Are you suggesting that people shouldn't complain when they feel BBC journalists decide to ignore the rulings of their own watchdog?

When the darkhead hordes and 2 or 3 diddies were swamping the ASA with complaints about our beautiful advert - I don't recall any comment from you claiming 'it's only a sport'.

You post endlessly - and I do mean endlessly - on every possible aspect of our club, in ridiculously nit-picking detail.

Why would you care if Jum get's it tight for gum bumping on a subject his department already had their arses felt for? Are you suggesting that people shouldn't complain when they feel BBC journalists decide to ignore the rulings of their own watchdog?

When the darkhead hordes and 2 or 3 diddies were swamping the ASA with complaints about our beautiful advert - I don't recall any comment from you claiming 'it's only a sport'.

I have always ever said it was just a sport Bendarroch :) .

My fascination come obsession about all things about your club and it's previous incarnation as you would put it is merely for the fun of it,and the psychotic episodes your mental support show is absolute top class entertainment and I do enjoy sharing the laughs with the P&D's as you would put it :lol: .

Truly astonishing that such a large part of the populous can be manipulated into a certain way of thinking only because it suits their agenda,it doesn't matter whether it is the truth of not it's an ideal they believe in so much that anything else is a total lie :blink: .

Me personally !,I know the walls will come crumbling down on the club you now support because it didn't get top flight footy in it's inception the year it was created,and didn't even get 1st division footy either because of the now famous diddy revolt ^_^ ,and the associations are now panicking their flagship creation will probably not survive it's maiden voyage through the lower leagues to reach the top tier of Scottish Footy,truly a titanic failure on the horizon and the impending meltdown from your mental fans will probably even eclipse the old clubs epic demise :D .

To me it's a sport but the threads on P&B are of much joy at the delusion some people will hold onto even in the face of contradicting and irrefutable evidence :wacko: .

It's only a matter of time tick tock 8) .

RANGERS AND THEIR FANS DOTH PROTEST TOO MUCH

Published on September 10th, 2013 by Scotzine

spence.jpg

At a time when everyone connected with Rangers Football Club should be worrying about board room level infighting, they instead use a throw away remark from BBC journalist Jim Spence to vent their anger, outrage and hate on the former law student from Dundee.

Spence, speaking on BBC Sportsound, said: “John McClelland, who was chairman of the old club, some people will tell you the club, well the club that died, possibly coming back in terms of the new chairman.”

That throw-away remark opened the flood gates of hate filled abuse, insults, threats and complaints from a 400-strong legion of Rangers supporters demanding Spence be sacked.

Despite rumours on the internet to the contrary, Spence is still a BBC employee and BBC Scotland despite issuing an apology are standing beside their sports reporter and will now take action against those hate-filled legionnaires who abused and targeted Spence in such a vile manner.

Speaking to The Drum, Paul Holleran, NUJ organiser for Scotland, was quoted as saying: “The BBC has offered its total support to Jim. We do not condone the vile and disgusting emails and texts that he has received and find it totally unacceptable that a journalist has been treated in this way.”

I am personally tired of the new club/old club tit-for-tat rhetoric, but that does not mean anyone differing in opinion from someone else has a right to abuse, insult or threaten someone who has another opinion. We live in a country that has a free press, we do not live in a totalitarian state where journalists and critics are murdered because of their articles and their views on the government or the establishment – yet it seems some legionnaires demand everyone toes the party line, the party line which emanates from Ibrox and blog sites.

Led by the likes of Chris Graham and his cohorts, wave after wave of legionnaires descend on the ‘enemies of Rangers’ like a plague, demanding conversion or face their wrath. It is not the first time that the self-confessed Rangers spokesperson has attacked members of the press pack in Scotland for having the gall to dare comment outwith the party line and it certainly won’t be the last.

It is somewhat ironic that Graham is an outspoken critic of the BBC rhetoric on Rangers and particularly Jim Spence, yet he is still willing to turn up to comment on shows hosted by Spence on the BBC discussing the Ibrox side. There are claims by a Rangers supporters group, that Graham in fact took money to appear on said BBC shows, but there is no evidence of that. Graham, who led the charge of the legionnaires against Graham Spiers, Tom English and now Jim Spence seems to conveniently forget his contributions to the BBC Scotland coverage of the club he supports, the club that has banned BBC Scotland – so what has Graham got to gain from such hypocrisy? Certainly he doesn’t bring anything positive to the table, that pundits working for BBC Scotland who were former Rangers players don’t. In fact, Chris Graham on the radio or television is far different from Chris Graham on the internet – he actually mirrors two face out of Batman. One face for the media darlings and another for his legionnaires.

His rhetoric online has certainly gained increased venom of late and that is saying something, given his penchant for writing blog pieces about the enemies of Rangers – which included several BBC journalists – but I guess when you have a book to promote you would resort to any tactics necessary and when you swim in the gutter then you resort to gutter cretinous tactics.

We have mentioned the discussions over the life and death of Rangers Football Club on a number of occasions, but one thing is clear, the Rangers fans will attack anyone who mentions that their club died and they continually produce statements from some corners of the game to back up their stance.

Despite this, world governing body FIFA were of the opinion in June 2012, ‘after 140 years of history and a world record 54 league titles, the club was consigned to liquidation in mid-June. The Glasgow giants were subsequently reformed as a new company and granted entry to the Third Division, Scotland’s fourth tier’.

Likewise, Charles Green who later became chief executive of the club, cited that if a CVA was not agreed then the history of the 140 year old institution would be at an end.

Green’s tenure at the club didn’t start well for him, good ‘proper’ Rangers men came in to wrestle the club’s assets from him for much of what he had paid for – yet they were nowhere near the scene between the cub going into administration and a CVA being rejected thereafter entering liquidation. Because of Green’s failure to sell to these good ‘proper’ Rangers men, he was abused, threatened and insulted – by much of the same legionnaires that ave targeted Spence. When he mentioned these threats in an interview with a national newspaper all hell broke loose, the same legionnaires and many more demanded an apology from the Yorkshireman for daring to tell Scotland through the papers that he had received death threats. Soon after Green issued an apology through the official Rangers website.

Whether this was under duress or a genuine apology, one thing was clear from Green camp thereafter, his stance changed from the businessman coming into buy the cub assets to the saviour of Rangers Football Club – the 140 year old institution. No longer were his comments, over a CVA being rejected, mentioned he became a loose cannon targeting everyone who dared to challenge the party line. Was he converted by the legionnaires? Not at all, his rhetoric was a means to an end -secure the club assets, issue an IPO on the stock exchange, score a few million shares and then bank them a year later making a nice wee profit. Which he did, sandwiched between further rhetoric peddled to the Rangers masses which were soon proven wrong – which we on Scotzine dubbed Greenisms.

Green peddled rhetoric that the Rangers support mopped up by the bucket load. They loved his confrontational stance, they loved his ability to noise up other clubs and the governing bodies with his so-called no-nonsense approach, but he became a laughing-stock and then his tenure ended after alleged links with former disgraced owner Craig Whyte and racist slurs made in an interview about the then-commercial director at Rangers, Imran Ahmad.

Ironically, it was Chris Graham and his cohorts, who allegedly breached the data protection act by publishing information on Ahmad using a club computer to access Rangers fan forums to publish comments about the club, players and officials. Graham has still failed to mention where he obtained the information from – why is that? Graham attacked the Rangers tax case blogger and Charlotte Fakes for their publication of documents illegally obtained – a bit hypocritical from Graham to say the least given his own penchant for doing likewise. But I guess in his world, it is ‘do as I say not as I do’.

With Charles Green making a throw away remark about the club’s history ending with a failure to agree a CVA, we then turn to the club’s head of communication James Traynor.

Before Traynor applied for the Rangers role and his work on BBC Scotland and Daily Record looked more of a job application for the Ibrox role, Traynor said in his 13th June 2012 article entitled ‘SPL will not be able to prosper without Rangers’, Traynor opened his article by stating: “No more than a good John Greig clearance away from Hampden one of the world’s oldest clubs lies dying.”

He added: “Rangers FC as we know them are dead. It’s all over. They are about to shut down for ever but not a single person among the game’s hierarchy was open for comment. And that just about sums it up for Rangers, the club the rest of the Scottish game came to detest.”

Commenting on the CVA being rejected, Traynor declared: “….the CVA proposal put forward on behalf of Charles Green by administrators Duff and Phelps was rejected by HMRC. They didn’t even wait until tomorrow’s creditors’ meeting, although that will still go ahead.

“But Rangers FC won’t. They’ll slip into liquidation within the next couple of weeks with a new company emerging but 140 years of history, triumph and tears, will have ended. No matter how Charles Green attempts to dress it up, a newco equals a new club. When the CVA was thrown out Rangers as we know them died.

“They were closed and a newco must start from scratch although their fans will insist the history will be boxed up with the strips and balls and carried into the future with the new club.

“Technically that history belongs to something else, some other company but even though the governing bodies appear consumed by technicalities and protocol supporters have other priorities. They strive for continuity and Rangers fans will never be separated from or denied their past.

“The name might change slightly, there will be a new owner, new players and a new beginning. But somehow nothing will have changed for many of the people who buy the tickets.

“They’ll never forget and they’ll remember yesterday, too. Even though they and everyone else knew the decision to accept or reject Green’s CVA was 50-50 this was such a momentous day in the history of Scottish football. Of course Rangers are guilty of shaming the game and they accept they have to be punished.”

As I mentioned in a previous article, damning words from Traynor but were soon forgotten and when challenged upon them in a Smith and Jones style interview with manager Ally McCoist – he said he got it wrong. I guess the monthly wage from his new employers does help to change your mind.

Just two officials at the club could be ignored, especially as they try to ingrain themselves among the support, but can players? After refusing to tupe over the Sevco, Steven Naismith – who later joined Everton – said: “Everyone knows I am a life-long Rangers supporter and so I share in the disappointment and anger of what has happened to the great Rangers Football Club. I am extremely proud of the actions we took but I am disappointed and angry that Rangers Football Club no longer exists in its original form.”

A life-long Rangers supporter who then was abused, insulted and threatened by the club’s supporters over his comments and his refusal to join the new club.

Likewise his team mate Steven Whittaker – who later joined Norwich City – added: “It has been really difficult time for all connected with Rangers Football Club. And this has been such a difficult decision to make. I have discussed it at great length with my wife, family and advisors and believe I have made the right decision to object to joining Sevco.

“I am extremely proud to have played a part in the success during my time at the Club including winning leagues and cup titles and a Europa League final appearance. It has been a pleasure to work with Walter Smith, Ally McCoist, Kenny McDowall, Ian Durrant, Jim Stewart and the rest of the backroom staff, especially the medical team and all the staff at Ibrox and Murray Park.

“I will always have a great deal of affection for the supporters who have shown me great respect throughout my time at Ibrox, I will always be grateful for the support they have given me as a Rangers player.

“I am, like Steven Naismith, proud of the players for taking a 75% pay cut, arguably against our own commercial interests. I believe we did the right thing as we could have refused which could have brought about liquidation earlier and/or resulted in significant redundancies.

“I am glad that the staff have the opportunity to TUPE over or not and that if they choose to their conditions are protected. I want to take this opportunity to thank all the staff, the players and especially the supporters. Whatever form the new club takes, I wish everyone connected with it the very best for the future.”

So we have two players, two club officials and FIFA all saying the same. Did the Rangers legionnaires threaten FIFA? Did they demand an apology from the world football governing body? Did they demand apologies from Charles Green and James Traynor? Or did they let it slide with Green and Traynor as they resorted to rhetoric that brown-nosed the legion?

They demanded apologies from Scottish clubs over comments in programmes and by a stadium announcer, again for steering out with the party line.

So Jim Spence mentioned the same comment as what James Traynor, Charles Green, FIFA, Steven Whittaker and Steven Naismith said also. But now the legionnaires are demanding Spence’s sacking as they continue their vandetta against BBC Scotland, who they claim are anti-Rangers and pro-Celtic.

The paranoia of the legionnaires knows no bound as they target anyone who does not convert to the party line. Since the club went into administration in February 2012 and subsequently liquidation in June 2012, the rhetoric from Rangers fans has been hostile and angry, the rhetoric by Rangers has also been war-like as they create a siege mentality.

Graham Spiers, a self-confessed boyhood fan of Rangers, wrote in the Herald today: “When liquidation finally came to Rangers, an eruption of bitterness and casting around for blame broke out, and it continues to this day. Just ask Jim Spence, a BBC Scotland journalist, who has recently copped much flak.

“Spence’s “crime” was an odd one. On Radio Scotland last week he blithely spoke words on air which a wide range of Scottish football observers, businessmen, insolvency people and more would have taken for granted. Spence referred to the liquidated Rangers Football Club plc as “the club that died”.

“Over 400 Rangers fans complained to BBC Scotland, who duly issued an apology for any offence that may have been taken.

“Rangers and their director of communication, James Traynor, leapt into action by issuing their own statement, appearing to warn that the club’s lawyers might get involved over a journalist such as Spence daring to use such words as “a dead club”.

“Traynor should certainly know all about that. Last year, still working as a Daily Record columnist, this is what he himself wrote: ‘Rangers as we know them died. Rangers FC are dead.’

“If, as Jim and Rangers are threatening, their lawyers go to war over Spence, it would surely count as the most farcical piece of litigation ever seen in Scottish football. For the sake of Rangers’ own head of communication, one must hope the legal pursuit is not retrospective.”

He added: “But a wider point is more intriguing: are journalists, reporters and commentators really to be hounded for referring to the liquidated Rangers as “the old Rangers”?

“There has been something sinister about the way Jim Spence has been treated, given that many would argue he merely stated the bleedin’ obvious. Perhaps Spence and Traynor, in their separate ways, were trying to be controversial or provocative in their remarks. In which case, controversy can have its place, just as it must also be counter-challenged, such as here. Where the exegetical fog exists is when, in debating the sins of the old Rangers regime, people seek to distinguish between the club then and now. It inevitably needs a phrase such as “old” or “oldco” or “original” Rangers or some such delineation. The very language, though, makes some Rangers fans livid.

“It is proving a painful subject. Some have argued that it shouldn’t matter; that even for ardent Rangers supporters, the club is here, it plays at Ibrox, it has the same name, the same strip, the same lustre. Why, it has been asked, make such a song and dance? But I’ve discovered this won’t wash. For some Rangers fans it is an emotional agony to think of their precious club being dissolved last year – the notion is simply not for consideration.

“The famed phrase “it was the company, not the club, which went bust” was born roundabout the spring of 2012, when liquidation became a certainty, and has been clung to ever since by fans. And hell mend anyone – and certainly any pesky hack – who dares to differ. This has been a very painful experience for Rangers. And the venom and anger are showing no signs of abating.”

If you know of Chris Graham and his recent comments over BBC Scotland and their coverage of Rangers, likewise Jim Spence, it is somewhat laughable that Graham in his blog – which doubled up as an attack on Spence – states: “One wonders if Spence is really cut out for a position at a supposedly objective and non-biased organisation such as the BBC.”

So the self-confessed Rangers spokesperson is trying to claim that Spence isn’t cut out for a position at the BBC? This coming from a man who flouts his club’s own boycott of the broadcaster for thirty pieces of silver – allegedly and on top of his own paranoid and hostile rhetoric towards the same BBC journalists who he has shared a studio with on many an occasion.

One wonders if the action taken by BBC Scotland will target the Rangers legionnaires along with Graham as the ringmaster? Certainly given his hate-filled bile directed towards Spence, if the BBC ever invite the blogger back onto their show then they should issue an apology to their own staff particularly Spence for giving him a platform.

I will end this article, with a comment made by a twitter user earlier today, he said: “If RFC fans were sure they were not a new club they would just laugh off he jibes. The way they react shows that they know they are.”

Edited by AberdeenBud

whatabout, whatabout, whatabout. Grow up FFS.

As stupid and pointless as complaining to the ASA was, it is incomparable to threatening and abusing a journalist for daring to speak the truth.

I have always ever said it was just a sport Bendarroch :) .

My fascination come obsession about all things about your club and it's previous incarnation as you would put it is merely for the fun of it,and the psychotic episodes your mental support show is absolute top class entertainment and I do enjoy sharing the laughs with the P&D's as you would put it :lol: .

Truly astonishing that such a large part of the populous can be manipulated into a certain way of thinking only because it suits their agenda,it doesn't matter whether it is the truth of not it's an ideal they believe in so much that anything else is a total lie :blink: .

Me personally !,I know the walls will come crumbling down on the club you now support because it didn't get top flight footy in it's inception the year it was created,and didn't even get 1st division footy either because of the now famous diddy revolt ^_^ ,and the associations are now panicking their flagship creation will probably not survive it's maiden voyage through the lower leagues to reach the top tier of Scottish Footy,truly a titanic failure on the horizon and the impending meltdown from your mental fans will probably even eclipse the old clubs epic demise :D .

To me it's a sport but the threads on P&B are of much joy at the delusion some people will hold onto even in the face of contradicting and irrefutable evidence :wacko: .

It's only a matter of time tick tock 8) .

:thumsup2:thumsup2:thumsup2

Then you should ask them why in the associations rules & regulations why they ask the club itself to supply,

1, The players registrations when it's the company that runs them ?.

2, Why and how can a club own a stadium when it has no in-house department for owning the property as it is registered under the company name and is owned and operated by a mythical company ?.

3, Why is the club responsible for the releasing of the companies accounts when the company runs the club ?.

4, Why is it the club that gets fined for a financial insolvency event when it's the company that is at fault ?.

5, Why doesn't the company get docked points for running the club into insolvency ?.

6, Why doesn't the association rules & regulations differentiate between the club & the company and apparently sees it in sections as the very same entity unless there is an insolvency event ?.

7, Why where The rangers not docked points at the start of last season when it was still suffering from an insolvency until the 3rd of August 2012 ?.

8, Why do UEFA define a club as a footballing company as did the SFA & SPL until Rangers were about to go tits up from a high height before 2010 ?.

:)

9. Why, if the club and the company are different, did the club not keep its place in the SPL when the company was liquidated?

(9a. Why, too, did the club have to apply to join the SFL and in doing so only obtain associate member status, something reserved for clubs that had not previously been members of the SFL or SPL?)

9. Why, if the club and the company are different, did the club not keep its place in the SPL when the company was liquidated?

(9a. Why, too, did the club have to apply to join the SFL and in doing so only obtain associate member status, something reserved for clubs that had not previously been members of the SFL or SPL?)

:lol: The ideology that it's the same club always comes apart when the real questions are asked but no The Rangers supporter will ever answer them because then they would have admit it's not the same exact club :) .

Anyone who has read and compared Jum's comments on Dundee's travails with his contrasting comments on Rangers will easily discern that the guy is a hate filled cretin.

I don't remember Dundee getting liquidated?

More whatbouttery. File under load of steaming pish.

Is it really so hard for the Bears to condemn abhorrent behaviour from their own? Seems so.

Edited by AberdeenBud

I don't remember Dundee getting liquidated?

More whatbouttery. File under load of steaming pish.

Is it really so hard for the Bears to condemn abhorrent behaviour from their own? Seems so.

I never mentioned anything about Dundee being liquidated ? however they did enter and thankfully exit administration and anyone who reads Jum's thoughts on this and contrasts them with his hate filled views on Rangers can see him for what he really is.

Which abhorrent behaviour are you refering to ?

But we can't just blame the web. Some important voices in journalism have lost all sense of perspective. Listening to Jim Spence on BBC Sportsound is like hearing the ambassador for 'anyone but Rangers'. Never mind trying to occasionally give a Rangers point-of-view, he doesn't even pretend he sympathises with Rangers fans. In response to a statement from Walter Smith about preserving what Rangers fans would see as the “magical nature” of the club, Jim shouted, “well it's gone...haha”. I doubt there is any other football club in the world where Jim would admit such base feelings, never mind broadcast them.(J.D.C GOW)

You know what I mean...

The Dark Blues, who carry the biggest away support in the First Division, are contemplating a boycott of away games and it's understandable considering how they've been treated.

With Dundee fighting for their very existence, their fans have been royally shafted - once by their own board, and now by the SFL board.

It wasn't the fans who didn't pay the tax bill, but they're the ones who stand to lose their club.

Because make no mistake, Dundee FC are very close to going out of business, and it wasn't the fans that put them in that position.

Jum Spence

Anyone who has read and compared Jum's comments on Dundee's travails with his contrasting comments on Rangers will easily discern that the guy is a hate filled cretin.

What?!? Wow. Just bizarre. What an eejit you truly are. Bitter and twisted just doesnt cover your paranoid ramblings. Get offline for a while orc. Might do you some good.