Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

The BBC is public funded, i think that it is disgraceful that they are hiding behind a no comment, They should grow a pair and take a stand - whichever one they think is correct - and let the publice debate it.

Good to see. At last some backbone from the BBC. Cue much gnailing and washing of teeth from the orcs and the usual cowardly death threats from the shitebag element of their vile vile support. Ill wager Fat Sally and Jumbo "rangers are dead" Jabba even do their usual and attempt to mobilise the mentally challenged into violent retribution.

If only the orcs had been this motivated before their club died.

Edited by Burma

This is utter madness.

Can't voice an opinion anymore.

Just because some fans can't/ won't distinguish between an old and new club.

It's like Jim Spence going to a rangers fans place of work to complain about him because the fan still believes it's an oldco.

Utterly trivial in grand scheme of things, boardroom backfighting, losing money left right and centre yet because someone voices an opinion there's an uproar and calling for his head.

It's ridiculous.

So what if he believes it to be true, he's entitled to his opinion whether it be right or wrong.

We are all Jim spence!!

I hope it's true that Spence is continuing. If I recall correctly - and feel free to tell me I'm wrong - Spence got into sport journalism via his efforts on fanzines ages ago, an unpaid pursuit done for the love of the game.

In my book, that means Spence has a better claim to represent the opinions of the ordinary punter than most other hacks. It'd be a travesty if a guy like that was forced out for making an uncontroversial statement, just to pander to a bunch of fools who are parroting the fictional club/company line. That nonsense was created by some of the worst money-grubbing conmen in the game's history, simply to keep cash coming in.

The bad thing about this idiotic row is that it may damage actual journalists and empower hacks.

The good thing about it is that may just force people and organisations to take positions on the matter, which they're certainly not doing now. More of this malarkey may well bring matters to a head sooner rather than later, and I think we'll find the Newco fans will wish they'd kept quiet and let the authorities smooth this over with bullshit.

Good to see. At last some backbone from the BBC. Cue much gnailing and washing of teeth from the orcs and the usual cowardly death threats from the shitebag element of their vile vile support. Ill wager Fat Sally and Jumbo "rangers are dead" Jabba even do their usual and attempt to mobilise the mentally challenged into violent retribution.

If only the orcs had been this motivated before their club died.

Indeed Burma.

But it's much easier to threaten someone than actually do anything about your club dying.

Excellent piece by Speirs at Herald Scotland on the moronic permarangers and their inane fury at those stating facts.

Found it, unfortunately it's behind a pay wall so I can't read it :(

Anyways, here is an Q&A answering what would happen in the event of the CVA failing

It's from June 2012. Funny enough, no mention the club is separate from the company

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18413384

Copy from website

Herald Scotland

Home > Sport > Opinion

Spiers on Sport: mind your language with Rangers FC

Published on 10 September 2013

Spiers on Sport

Scottish football remains poisoned by the continuing fall-out over the liquidation of Rangers last year. Bitterness and venom are spouting forth in ways the game has scarcely known north of the border.

A section of Rangers supporters feel deeply aggrieved, and much of it is justified. Their club was betrayed and ruined by a rogues' gallery of dodgy geezers, and terrible damage was done.

The problem is, many of these same supporters originally gave their backing to some of these characters. I was outside Ibrox on May 7 2011 when Craig Whyte rode into town. If some Rangers fans that day had waved palm branches along Edmiston Drive they couldn't have looked more exuberant in their welcome.

Egged on by the Daily Record, which repeatedly fawned to Whyte and fatuously hailed him "a billionaire", a seed was being sown which would have catastrophic consequences.

When liquidation finally came to Rangers, an eruption of bitterness and casting around for blame broke out, and it continues to this day. Just ask Jim Spence, a BBC Scotland journalist, who has recently copped much flak.

Spence's "crime" was an odd one. On Radio Scotland last week he blithely spoke words on air which a wide range of Scottish football observers, businessmen, insolvency people and more would have taken for granted. Spence referred to the liquidated Rangers Football Club plc as "the club that died".

Amid this furnace of ill-feeling, for many Rangers supporters this is a detested and deeply hurtful phrase. And it fairly roused them to action. Over 400 Rangers fans complained to BBC Scotland, who duly issued an apology for any offence that may have been taken.

Rangers and their director of communication, James Traynor, leapt into action by issuing their own statement, appearing to warn that the club's lawyers might get involved over a journalist such as Spence daring to use such words as "a dead club".

Traynor should certainly know all about that. Last year, still working as a Daily Record columnist, this is what he himself wrote: "Rangers as we know them died. Rangers FC are dead."

If, as Jim and Rangers are threatening, their lawyers go to war over Spence, it would surely count as the most farcical piece of litigation ever seen in Scottish football. For the sake of Rangers' own head of communication, one must hope the legal pursuit is not retrospective.

The context of Spence and the BBC will have to be worked out separately. In recent months, the BBC Trust set out guidelines for referring to "old" and "new" Rangers, and held that the BBC in Scotland had failed to be precise in this.

But a wider point is more intriguing: are journalists, reporters and commentators really to be hounded for referring to the liquidated Rangers as "the old Rangers"?

There has been something sinister about the way Jim Spence has been treated, given that many would argue he merely stated the bleedin' obvious.

Perhaps Spence and Traynor, in their separate ways, were trying to be controversial or provocative in their remarks. In which case, controversy can have its place, just as it must also be counter-challenged, such as here.

Where the exegetical fog exists is when, in debating the sins of the old Rangers regime, people seek to distinguish between the club then and now.

It inevitably needs a phrase such as "old" or "oldco" or "original" Rangers or some such delineation. The very language, though, makes some Rangers fans livid.

It is proving a painful subject. Some have argued that it shouldn't matter; that even for ardent Rangers supporters, the club is here, it plays at Ibrox, it has the same name, the same strip, the same lustre. Why, it has been asked, make such a song and dance?

But I've discovered this won't wash. For some Rangers fans it is an emotional agony to think of their precious club being dissolved last year - the notion is simply not for consideration.

The famed phrase "it was the company, not the club, which went bust" was born roundabout the spring of 2012, when liquidation became a certainty, and has been clung to ever since by fans. And hell mend anyone - and certainly any pesky hack - who dares to differ.

This has been a very painful experience for Rangers. And the venom and anger are showing no signs of abating.

Indeed Burma.

But it's much easier to threaten someone than actually do anything about your club dying.

Threats and intimidation are all they have now. Over 400 complaints and they are told to get to f**k. The only relevance they have these days is of the point and laugh variety.

A bonus of Spency showing a bit of bottle is that it now makes it easier for others to tell the truth about their demise and loss of (somewhat tainted) history.

Copy from website

Herald Scotland

Home > Sport > Opinion

Spiers on Sport: mind your language with Rangers FC

Published on 10 September 2013

Spiers on Sport

Scottish football remains poisoned by the continuing fall-out over the liquidation of Rangers last year. Bitterness and venom are spouting forth in ways the game has scarcely known north of the border.

A section of Rangers supporters feel deeply aggrieved, and much of it is justified. Their club was betrayed and ruined by a rogues' gallery of dodgy geezers, and terrible damage was done.

The problem is, many of these same supporters originally gave their backing to some of these characters. I was outside Ibrox on May 7 2011 when Craig Whyte rode into town. If some Rangers fans that day had waved palm branches along Edmiston Drive they couldn't have looked more exuberant in their welcome.

Egged on by the Daily Record, which repeatedly fawned to Whyte and fatuously hailed him "a billionaire", a seed was being sown which would have catastrophic consequences.

When liquidation finally came to Rangers, an eruption of bitterness and casting around for blame broke out, and it continues to this day. Just ask Jim Spence, a BBC Scotland journalist, who has recently copped much flak.

Spence's "crime" was an odd one. On Radio Scotland last week he blithely spoke words on air which a wide range of Scottish football observers, businessmen, insolvency people and more would have taken for granted. Spence referred to the liquidated Rangers Football Club plc as "the club that died".

Amid this furnace of ill-feeling, for many Rangers supporters this is a detested and deeply hurtful phrase. And it fairly roused them to action. Over 400 Rangers fans complained to BBC Scotland, who duly issued an apology for any offence that may have been taken.

Rangers and their director of communication, James Traynor, leapt into action by issuing their own statement, appearing to warn that the club's lawyers might get involved over a journalist such as Spence daring to use such words as "a dead club".

Traynor should certainly know all about that. Last year, still working as a Daily Record columnist, this is what he himself wrote: "Rangers as we know them died. Rangers FC are dead."

If, as Jim and Rangers are threatening, their lawyers go to war over Spence, it would surely count as the most farcical piece of litigation ever seen in Scottish football. For the sake of Rangers' own head of communication, one must hope the legal pursuit is not retrospective.

The context of Spence and the BBC will have to be worked out separately. In recent months, the BBC Trust set out guidelines for referring to "old" and "new" Rangers, and held that the BBC in Scotland had failed to be precise in this.

But a wider point is more intriguing: are journalists, reporters and commentators really to be hounded for referring to the liquidated Rangers as "the old Rangers"?

There has been something sinister about the way Jim Spence has been treated, given that many would argue he merely stated the bleedin' obvious.

Perhaps Spence and Traynor, in their separate ways, were trying to be controversial or provocative in their remarks. In which case, controversy can have its place, just as it must also be counter-challenged, such as here.

Where the exegetical fog exists is when, in debating the sins of the old Rangers regime, people seek to distinguish between the club then and now.

It inevitably needs a phrase such as "old" or "oldco" or "original" Rangers or some such delineation. The very language, though, makes some Rangers fans livid.

It is proving a painful subject. Some have argued that it shouldn't matter; that even for ardent Rangers supporters, the club is here, it plays at Ibrox, it has the same name, the same strip, the same lustre. Why, it has been asked, make such a song and dance?

But I've discovered this won't wash. For some Rangers fans it is an emotional agony to think of their precious club being dissolved last year - the notion is simply not for consideration.

The famed phrase "it was the company, not the club, which went bust" was born roundabout the spring of 2012, when liquidation became a certainty, and has been clung to ever since by fans. And hell mend anyone - and certainly any pesky hack - who dares to differ.

This has been a very painful experience for Rangers. And the venom and anger are showing no signs of abating.

That is one excellent piece. "emotional agony" "precious club being dissolved" "venom and anger" "Rangers fans livid"

I really hope that Jabba's threats of legal action come to fruition but they wont. These have always been empty threats since they know any court action will legally prove beyond a doubt that Rangers died. That's why they kowtowed to the ASA, That's why they employed a bullshitter like Jabba.

Rangers died, sue me ya c***s, I dare ye.

These people abusing Spence are Scotland's shame.

Everything to do with the cheating, tax-dodging, bigoted, racist, supremacist institution that is Ibrox makes me ashamed to be Scottish when I would like to be proud.

Oh what an opportunity was missed by not giving them the head shot when the chance was there!

Seems to be a lot of seething going on here about Rangers supporters seething.

Anybody that gets upset about Jim Spence is really just playing into his hands. Is it really worth all this time and effort? Is he really that important. Personally i couldnt care less what a Dundonian football pundit says about Rangers

Seems to be a lot of seething going on here about Rangers supporters seething.

Anybody that gets upset about Jim Spence is really just playing into his hands. Is it really worth all this time and effort? Is he really that important. Personally i couldnt care less what a Dundonian football pundit says about Rangers

:lol: