Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

He is pointing out that religion has upwardly affected your attendances, which is key to your original assertion that, in a world without religion, Glasgow would have 2 clubs just as well supported as Rangers & Celtic. Is it possible for you to grasp this without referring to Manchester constantly? I am going to take a wild guess here that you don't work in any sort of scientific field, because the comparison with Manchester is futile on many levels.

Comparison with Manchester is ridiculous on the one level he keeps banging on about - while a few clubs have been footballing challengers and often bested Man U in recent years, if you asked 100 fans at OT on a Saturday who their rivals are, I guarantee 80% plus would say Liverpool. The other 20% would be under thirty, and not fans of long-standing.

It's not long since Man City were Third tier, and Man U fans (ironically) dismiss them and Chelski as "buying success". The attempt by the media to manufacture a rivalry with Arsenal in the 90s never really took off.

Nope, when it comes down to it, they really don't like the Mickey Mousers.

Manchester has a population of less than Glasgow, it supports 2 huge teams with massive followings that draw support from all over England (and beyond), this was caused by religion I suppose?

Would you like a larger shovel so you can dig a bigger hole at a much faster rate Tedi ? :lol:

100 years ago over 90% of the UK population were religious and went to church every Sunday,do the math.

And yet your avatar focuses on Ulster Unionism - a cause which is not solely political in its roots or motives.

My avatar focuses on Kincardine. I'd wager you'd use a banner saying 'Monkey Tennis Loyal' if you could find one.

I chose my avator as a bit of tongue-in-cheek fun. A sort of gauche joke.

Exactly, i was never even christened, the chip is bigger than the shoulder that it sits on.

Tedders, dead right. We realy do not care what a person's religion is. Somehow this bothers folk as we are meant to be demonised as Catholic-hating bigots. In truth we do not give a f**k.

Go on then einstein tell me the Manchester clubs rivalry was born out of religion, or perhaps the Milan one? or what about the Al-Ahly S.C. and Zamalek SC Derby, which makes the OF look like childplay.

Manchester rivalry wasn't born out of religion. Its not a proper rivalry anyway but that's besides the point.

The OF rivalry was and still is about religion. Rangers didn't start as a "British" Protestant club. All this british, we hate catholic crap came about because of Celtics Irish Catholic background.

Go on then einstein tell me the Manchester clubs rivalry was born out of religion, or perhaps the Milan one? or what about the Al-Ahly S.C. and Zamalek SC Derby, which makes the OF look like childplay.

Weren't we actually talking about the old firms fans Tedi ? stop deflecting from the actual topic of why the old firm has so many religious related fans even if they aren't religious it doesn't stop them using the religious sectarian element does it ? .AWRA is a prime candidate of stupidity ! he's not religious but uses the sectarian element when he can :blink: .

FFS I'm a Celtic fan and I can see that fans that do not stay in Glasgow affiliate themselves to the old firm with religious elements even if they are not religious.Sad but true.

My avatar focuses on Kincardine. I'd wager you'd use a banner saying 'Monkey Tennis Loyal' if you could find one.

I'll take that wager.

Gauche joke? Sorry, lad, the connotations aren't exactly rib-tickling. Some might find it extremely offensive. Still, I suppose that's their problem, eh?

Would you like a larger shovel so you can dig a bigger hole at a much faster rate Tedi ? :lol:

100 years ago over 90% of the UK population were religious and went to church every Sunday,do the math.

We're Scottish. It is Maths. With an 's'.

We're Scottish. It is Maths. With an 's'.

Sad and pathetic reply do try harder :1eye

That was not the topic no.

The deflection is all yours

You've been deflecting on here all day you sad man and not doing too well I may add Tedi.You must have thought when I logged in and posted "thank fcuk he's logged on I'll try and deflect my stupidity by trying to make Hellbhoy look stupid" :1eye you made a five star fuckup ! move onto your nightly meltdown and get it over with will you :P:lol:

I'll take that wager.

Gauche joke? Sorry, lad, the connotations aren't exactly rib-tickling. Some might find it extremely offensive. Still, I suppose that's their problem, eh?

Oh come on. Are you seriously suggesting that my avatar is offensive? Really? I have posted on here for fucking years and if "Kincardine Loyal" is offensive then folk need to take a good look at themselves.

I don't know, Tedi. It is an indication why you will never understand me, and I will continue to not understand you. I respect your right to follow whichever team you wish. I cannot understand why any decent person would choose to follow either of the Glasgow pair while being aware of the history, affiliations, and racial/religious standpoints assumed. Narrows acceptable candidates down to the innocent or terminally stupid, IMO.

We hear this "most rangers fans I know are decent people" trotted out endlessly, but when they forget themselves, or think nobody's looking, the "traditional" views come bubbling up. Same with the other lot. As "global brands", I cannot see any criteria for following either team other than an approval and acceptance of what the "minority" supporters of each say, do and sing. Both "brands" encourage this shite because they know where the money is.

Why are you bringing up religion with me?, I never talk about religion, I could not give a fcuk about religion, if religion did not exist you would still have 2 big clubs in glasgow with the same amount of supporters and the same rivalry, they would find something to promote this rivalry, yes rivalry sells, yes football clubs are in the habit of selling a product to their fans and yes football fans are in the habit of paying for it.

None of this is any justification for the amount of hatred you display, you are correct I could never begin to understand this.

Pish

Oh come on. Are you seriously suggesting that my avatar is offensive? Really? I have posted on here for fucking years and if "Kincardine Loyal" is offensive then folk need to take a good look at themselves.

May I question why you must have "NO SURRENDER" ? it does look a bit pro-active and hints towards either 1690 or 1912 where protestants would fight Catholics to the bitter end in some way or another.

To be fair, you mange that well enough yourself

Bottom line, you jumped in without reading any of the previous posts, or perhaps I should say without understanding any of the previous posts.

I read them all you fuckwit all 10 pages of Tedi getting tied up in knots from this morning till now :1eye and it started with your claim about some pish that the two Glasgow sides would still have as many fans if there was no religion :1eye ya loony :lol:

I have never tried it to suggest it did not, I keep repeating this you keep ignoring it.

My assertion stands.

If Manchester somehow upsets you then choose a different city, Milan perhaps?

I am guessing here Glasgow pop 850k? Manchester 550k, Milan 1.1M, point is all decent size citys with lots of working class people that like football..

This is just silly.

We live in a country where as Bino says, despite notable exceptions most of those brought up as Catholics default to Celtic in terms of support. We also live in a country where parts of it get scarred each summer by Orange Walks.

We have two massive clubs who grew fat on such associations. I'm not doubting for a moment thatit's fed by success, but it's founded on religious intolerance and has only reached the scale that it has because of them.

I'd actually go further. Not only would we not have two clubs so vast without religion, but neither would we have such sectarian division in society without football feeding it. In other words, it works in both directions.

May I question why you must have "NO SURRENDER" ? it does look a bit pro-active and hints towards either 1690 or 1912 where protestants would fight Catholics to the bitter end in some way or another.

I saw a flag with my (old) user name on it.so thought it would be a jape. I hadn't counted on literalistic idiots like you.

I'll accept that without difficulty.

It kind of undermines the idea that religious questions play no part in the loyalties of OF fans though. The 'No Surrender' part clearly has religious as well as political connotations. Nothing wrong with that of course, but certainly not divorced from the identity of the club, which is attractive to many fans.

Remember that last time Whyte showed up flapping his gums, he quickly disappeared (paid hush money).

He's now returned (not been paid enough hush money).

I reckon it'll end up as a non-story and forgotten about in a week.