Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Front page of the Record: 67 players are suing Rangers.

Back page of the Record: We don't want to sue you - Rangers players who are still getting paid decry SPFA legal action.

Page 48 of the Record: Charles Green's opinion on the matter, reported uncritically.

Looks like this is going to be the line - "Rangers are facing a scurrilous attack by traitorous former players who are trying to take advantage of the club's predicament".

Give it a week, and the SPFA will be a "biased" group that has an "agenda" "against Rangers", and all posts here by Rangers fans will look something like this....

"Independent" players union, eh? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Charles Green will beat these turncoat sh*tebags in court :D

I saw this development. Can anyone shed any further light on it? What does it actually mean?

Might break up all the squabbling on here for a day or so...

I really cannot fathom out what Bennett posted that can be taken so far out of context.

Neither can i, i reckon the guys just had a bad night and let rip. If anyone on here knows Claymores, could you get in touch with him and see that he's ok?

That was out of character for him and i thought his few posts on the subject were a piss take at first and was a bit of an arsehole myself in return.

Edited by bennett

I saw this development. Can anyone shed any further light on it? What does it actually mean?

It seems to me that the PFA have put in an action on behalf of all players who were involved in TUPE, and some others too, based on maybe the wishes of one or two, or perhaps more but it seems not the 67 as a whole.

Currently a few of the ex players who I assume make up the 67 have distanced themselves from it, Naismith, McCabe and Wylde off the top of my head.

Now Charles Green is coating the situation in hyperbole as is his want.

Neither can i, i reckon the guys just had a bad night and let rip. If anyone on here knows Claymores, could you get in touch with him and see that he's ok?

That was out of character for him and i thought his few posts on the subject were a piss take at first and was a bit of an arsehole myself in return.

Aye, your snide wee comments and accusations of alcoholism actually affected somebody at last. He snaps, you get to take the moral high ground and show fake concern for his well-being. You're an absolute fucking prince.

Here's an idea, Bennett - why don't YOU send him a PM and hold out an olive branch?

YOU bitch are a c**t and YOU know you are. You are well known on this forum for personal attacks upon members of this forum that reject your homosexual innuendos. Claymores was wrong to say what he did but that doesn't change the fact that you are a bitch and a c**t. wink.gif

YOU bitch are a c**t and YOU know you are. You are well known on this forum for personal attacks upon members of this forum that reject your homosexual innuendos. Claymores was wrong to say what he did but that doesn't change the fact that you are a bitch and a c**t. wink.gif

In YOUR end-o.

Aye, your snide wee comments and accusations of alcoholism actually affected somebody at last. He snaps, you get to take the moral high ground and show fake concern for his well-being. You're an absolute fucking prince.

Here's an idea, Bennett - why don't YOU send him a PM and hold out an olive branch?

You really are a tit

Why don't you stop stirring things Norman.

Why don't you f**k off like you said you would, you nasty vindictive little shit. Months of personal abuse and defamation towards anyone who dares to disagree with you - suggesting alcoholism, mental illness and anything else you find "amusing" - somebody finally reacts and you step back, playing the wounded victim.

Then you suggest somebody should see if Claymores is OK. What an absolute c**t.

The SPFA has raised an action against New Rangers for its treatment of Oldco's employees - it's not clear, as far as I can see, whether it's acting independently upon its own authority as a union, or whether it's been instructed to act on behalf of some number of ex-players. Given that a good number of the players who didn't TUPE over were youngsters who were on relatively meagre contracts, I'd guess the latter, but either is possible - I imagine the union wants to establish precedent on these types of situations.

Whatever is happening, most of those players who either took contracts with New Rangers or moved to decent-sized clubs have distanced themselves from the move - largely because they don't want bombs and bullets being sent to their family homes in the post/ They've got loads of money and couldn't give a flying f*ck about a bunch of teenagers who have been diddled out of their contracts/ they love New Rangers and wish it all the best.

Seperately, it appears a few ex-players have got together and launched an action with their own counsel. I have no idea what's going on with that.

On the other side, Charlie is saying that there's nothing to see here and that everything is just fine, and much of the press are reporting this as if it was entirely true and not up for debate, as usual.

I'm no lawyer, but I'd guess that in all likelihood, at least one of these cases is going to have the legs to make it to court and that Charlie will either have to reach an undisclosed agreement outside of court, or face the prospect of a long legal argument in which he's going to be forced to base his case on New Rangers having no connection whatsoever to Old, Dead Rangers. You can imagine how well that will go down.

I could be wrong, of course. I frequently am.

I suspect the reason is that Bennett deserves everything he gets as he he dishes out false accusations and personal attacks almost daily, It's an anonymous forum ... so Claymores attack is hardly the crime of the century ,.

There seems to be a few knicker wetting pansies on here ...

I agree, and i say this as someone who has lost many relatives and friends to that cruel disease.

The SPFA has raised an action against New Rangers for its treatment of Oldco's employees - it's not clear, as far as I can see, whether it's acting independently upon its own authority as a union, or whether it's been instructed to act on behalf of some number of ex-players. Given that a good number of the players who didn't TUPE over were youngsters who were on relatively meagre contracts, I'd guess the latter, but either is possible - I imagine the union wants to establish precedent on these types of situations.

Whatever is happening, most of those players who either took contracts with New Rangers or moved to decent-sized clubs have distanced themselves from the move - largely because they don't want bombs and bullets being sent to their family homes in the post/ They've got loads of money and couldn't give a flying f*ck about a bunch of teenagers who have been diddled out of their contracts/ they love New Rangers and wish it all the best.

Seperately, it appears a few ex-players have got together and launched an action with their own counsel. I have no idea what's going on with that.

On the other side, Charlie is saying that there's nothing to see here and that everything is just fine, and much of the press are reporting this as if it was entirely true and not up for debate, as usual.

I'm no lawyer, but I'd guess that in all likelihood, at least one of these cases is going to have the legs to make it to court and that Charlie will either have to reach an undisclosed agreement outside of court, or face the prospect of a long legal argument in which he's going to be forced to base his case on New Rangers having no connection whatsoever to Old, Dead Rangers. You can imagine how well that will go down.

I could be wrong, of course. I frequently am.

Thanks for getting this back on topic flyingrodent.

Maybe the mods can change the title of this thread to "everyone just has a go at slagging each other off" now.

It's getting embarrassing that no-one can stay on topic. I only popped in for this development and 1 in 5 posts is actually about it.

I suspect the reason is that Bennett deserves everything he gets as he he dishes out false accusations and personal attacks almost daily, It's an anonymous forum ... so Claymores attack is hardly the crime of the century ,.

There seems to be a few knicker wetting pansies on here ...

:o

An unusual way to respond to a post grousing about unnecessary personal abuse.