Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Am I right in thinking that this share issue was launched with a fanfare in the first half of October (12th or thereabouts)? What is the normal timeframe following such an announcement before prospective share purchasers can expect to see a prospectus that outlines what they will get for their cash and what the risks of investment are? Is 2 months a reasonable period of time to proclaim that the interest is fantastic but in the meantime offer no vehicle for purchasing these shares?

It feels as though the production of a prospectus has been a very slow process yet in the press folk talk about this share issue as a done deal. When are Rangers going to set out a timetable detailing the purchase period, allocation and start of operation of their shares?

And for the avoidance of doubt (although I suspect it has been asked already) - what are people buying. Shares in club or shares in company? What other strands are there to the company that might affect the performance of the shares?

It would be helpful to have some information beyond the soundbites and headlines of this share issue so that people could see what they were potentially getting themselves into.

Have a look see at their latest news page Cenkos latest news and there are none about Rangers in their recent transactions either :blink: you would have thought they would at least have a mention in ongoing IPO's they are linked too.

Whit! :o So that means i can't build a Monorail link from Govan to the City Centre and a super Tesco Store? :(

Edited by Bairnforever1992

Am I right in thinking that this share issue was launched with a fanfare in the first half of October (12th or thereabouts)? What is the normal timeframe following such an announcement before prospective share purchasers can expect to see a prospectus that outlines what they will get for their cash and what the risks of investment are? Is 2 months a reasonable period of time to proclaim that the interest is fantastic but in the meantime offer no vehicle for purchasing these shares?

It feels as though the production of a prospectus has been a very slow process yet in the press folk talk about this share issue as a done deal. When are Rangers going to set out a timetable detailing the purchase period, allocation and start of operation of their shares?

And for the avoidance of doubt (although I suspect it has been asked already) - what are people buying. Shares in club or shares in company? What other strands are there to the company that might affect the performance of the shares?

It would be helpful to have some information beyond the soundbites and headlines of this share issue so that people could see what they were potentially getting themselves into.

Green has no audited accounts for at least 3 years showing that the club is solvent and would hinder any real investor other than a Rangers fan.This IPO is definitely designed for Rangers fans only as they could be blindly loyal to the club.

Then there is the time scale in which the IPO was supposedly being done ! early and way too early and has not shown the accounts so far to anyone showing that the club is solvent and has the money to keep the club in profit for the whole season.IPO's are usually sold by boiler room scam tactics and these sales teams know their victims very well and can act like their best friends.

This myth of club is separate from the company is complete bullshit as well,as the club is the company that trades in playing football.The fans could be stung if they buy into the club as a whole only to find out the club doesn't own the stadium & facilities any more and has the stadium on leaseback as has been touted.This devalues the fans shares by millions as the club is not worth a supposed £80 million :lol: but is valued on the value of the players and if the most expensive players get sold then their shares value will plummet even further.Chucky did this to Sheffield Utd.

Also this is an AIM share issue that is outside FSA control and Green and his mob can do whatever the hell they like with the money raised in the share issue.They can peddle a prospectus promising all the money will go into Rangers and the FSA approved it and then the next day just keep the cash and they rightfully by law able to do so.

Also if sanctions are imposed on Rangers from the oldco then the clubs value on the stock market will be worth less if say ! they were handed down a 25 point deduction endorsed by the SFA and then they failed to reach a playoff position and the fans don't buy as many season tickets next year.Chucky needs to get the IPO out before any sanctions or punishments get dished out maximising share value before the issue.

The IPO is definitely going to be designed to appeal to Rangers fans in every way and and only to make them part with as much cash as possible,I would also not be surprised if the maximum amount of shares a fan can buy gets scrapped as this sounds like a tactical sales pitch to me.If you don't sell all or want to sell more then you raise the bar and peddle the idea that some fans have asked to buy bigger chunks of shares and sounds like everyone wants the shares boosting more interest.

Whit! :o So that means i can't build a Monorail link from Govan to the City Centre and a super Tesco Store? :(

There's always hope Bairn :) keep the dream alive :rolleyes: Rangers fans may destroy their club again if Chuckies shares don't shift :lol:

Even if the prospectus is approved by the FSA the wording could be a minefield for any normal person to understand properly

We Rangers supporters will always be grateful that the plastics are their for us to shine a light into the darkest, scariest places.

What would we do without you?

smile.gif

We Rangers supporters will always be grateful that the plastics are their for us to shine a light into the darkest, scariest places.

What would we do without you?

smile.gif

I'm REALLY enjoying the Cevco lads' new found sense of truimphilism - on this roller-coaster the more yez set yersel up high, then the more amusing the fall to planet earth it's gonna be.

Feck sake - triumphalist aboot the 4th round of the Scottish Cup with half of the capacity Ibroke crowd wearing their empty blue seat disguises!

Scottish Cup could be the only glory this season yet the Orcs failed to turn-up. No way are they gonna take our 1938 sunshine as the only team to win the Scottish Cup from outside the top league.

Green has no audited accounts for at least 3 years showing that the club is solvent and would hinder any real investor other than a Rangers fan.This IPO is definitely designed for Rangers fans only as they could be blindly loyal to the club.

Then there is the time scale in which the IPO was supposedly being done ! early and way too early and has not shown the accounts so far to anyone showing that the club is solvent and has the money to keep the club in profit for the whole season.IPO's are usually sold by boiler room scam tactics and these sales teams know their victims very well and can act like their best friends.

This myth of club is separate from the company is complete bullshit as well,as the club is the company that trades in playing football.The fans could be stung if they buy into the club as a whole only to find out the club doesn't own the stadium & facilities any more and has the stadium on leaseback as has been touted.This devalues the fans shares by millions as the club is not worth a supposed £80 million :lol: but is valued on the value of the players and if the most expensive players get sold then their shares value will plummet even further.Chucky did this to Sheffield Utd.

Also this is an AIM share issue that is outside FSA control and Green and his mob can do whatever the hell they like with the money raised in the share issue.They can peddle a prospectus promising all the money will go into Rangers and the FSA approved it and then the next day just keep the cash and they rightfully by law able to do so.

Also if sanctions are imposed on Rangers from the oldco then the clubs value on the stock market will be worth less if say ! they were handed down a 25 point deduction endorsed by the SFA and then they failed to reach a playoff position and the fans don't buy as many season tickets next year.Chucky needs to get the IPO out before any sanctions or punishments get dished out maximising share value before the issue.

The IPO is definitely going to be designed to appeal to Rangers fans in every way and and only to make them part with as much cash as possible,I would also not be surprised if the maximum amount of shares a fan can buy gets scrapped as this sounds like a tactical sales pitch to me.If you don't sell all or want to sell more then you raise the bar and peddle the idea that some fans have asked to buy bigger chunks of shares and sounds like everyone wants the shares boosting more interest.

Let the IPO commence - I know my investor conglomerate from Easter Island are chomping at the bit to spend their cash in Scotland for the 2012 club with half the world's population follow following their progress - 3,000,000,000,000 x £500 can't be wrong. Sir Charles of Govan knows it.

WATP

In the UNLIKELY event you're still not convinced that Arsenal are just a wee diddy team, Southampton suk and Man U/Barca are really angling for a spot in the Scottish Third Division too, here's a fruity pic which Bendarroch can use to spunk his parents' £500 over:

A3a-KRdCIAAZlGR.jpg

Edited by Claymores

Let the IPO commence - I know my investor conglomerate from Easter Island are chomping at the bit to spend their cash in Scotland for the 2012 club with half the world's population follow following their progress - 3,000,000,000,000 x £500 can't be wrong. Sir Charles of Govan knows it.

WATP

In the UNLIKELY event you're still not convinced that Arsenal are just a wee diddy team, Southampton suk and Man U/Barca are really angling for a spot in the Scottish Third Division too, here's a fruity pic which Bendarroch can use to spunk his parents' £500 over:

A3a-KRdCIAAZlGR.jpg

The cludgie must stay open, that's the bottom line! :lol:

Seemingly the record decided that his article about Celtic players and RIRA fundraising was not front page news and they instead opted for a non story about a guy with a criminal record seemingly interested in buying shares in Rangers

Traynor disagreed and quit, well done Mr Traynor

I think it has been on the cards for a while. He has been slaughtering the Likes of Jim Spence on Radio Scotland and has been critical of the whole of the scottish Media. He was even hinting at people with hidden agendas in Scottish broadcasting and online bloggers....I find that astonishing...I have never for 1 minute thought it was hidden. ;)

I just read it Tedi...I am sure there are a few publications,broadcasters and sports journalist waiting to hear if Traynor will go the whole way and name and shame them. Don't hold back now Jim!!!

Goodbye

James Traynor: Why this is my last ever newspaper column

3 Dec 2012 00:01

AFTER 37 years the sports writer reveals he's leaving the world of newspapers with many happy memories.

Witnessing the genius that was Zinedine Zidane was a highlight of Traynor's career

IT was never a job. More of an absolute joy, if truth be told.

But all good things come to an end and when they do, it’s important to end with some good things.

When writing this, my final newspaper column, the memories come flooding in. When the time comes to change direction and move on, let the best of those memories rush from every corner of your mind and keep the worst of them locked away.

If people who have abused you because of their own bigoted and narrow-minded ways, or events that might have saddened you deeply, are allowed light and oxygen you let them tarnish and blacken what you’ve done and achieved.

For instance, this column – the final one after 37 years in newspapers – could bang on about supporters who have spat on my coats and jackets, thrown all sorts of insults and occasionally bricks and bottles. But that would demean everything.

I could name managers, players, club directors and administrators who, because the truth can hurt, have wished me all kinds of harm and misfortune. But neither they nor their words mattered. They damaged and shamed only themselves.

So from Andre Agassi (tennis is such a wonderful sport) to Zinedine Zidane (football really is a beautiful game despite the money grabbers and crooks), it has been amazing. It’s been a blast. Uplifting but also a deeply humbling and, at times, disturbing journey.

When Scotland were in Bucharest to play a European Championship qualifying tie against Romania, a couple of years after that madman Nicolae Ceausescu had been overthrown by revolution, players broke down. So too did supporters.

It was 1991 and the horrors of the Romanian orphan crisis were becoming clearer to the outside world.

It was heartbreaking. Even the most hardened cynical hacks cried at the sight of swarms of hungry, distraught children wandering the streets begging for morsels.

I know I said the bad memories should be locked away but those kids, who snatched all the money we could muster as though we were making them instant millionaires, can never be forgotten.

Strangely, another memory also concerns tears. But this time they came from a Brazilian great sitting right in the middle of Avenue Foch in Paris at the start of the 1998 World Cup finals.

Nilton Santos was there with Pele, Carlos Alberto and another great, Alfredo di Stefano, who was claimed by both Argentina and Spain.

I was there because I’d had a say in selecting the team of the 20th century – just for the Record that team was: Lev Yashin, Carlos, Franz Beckenbauer, Bobby Moore, Santos; Johan Cruyff, Di Stefano, Michel Platini; Garrincha, Pele and Diego Maradona. Then I sat with Pele, Santos and Di Stefano listening to their tales.

It was fascinating, even when Santos, who had been a father figure to the deeply troubled Garrincha, wept as he spoke of the tormented genius and his final tragic years.

But there were loads of laughs with the greats of the people’s game to giants of other sports. Heroic characters such as Muhammad Ali, Joe Frazier, Sugar Ray Leonard, Jack Nicklaus, Seve Ballesteros, Tiger Woods, Wayne Gretzky, Bjorn Borg, Rod Laver, Ilie Nastase, Jimmy Connors, John McEnroe (did I mention tennis is a wonderful sport?), Boris Becker, Pete Sampras, Roger Federer, Rafa Nadal, Mark McGwire (baseball is such an hypnotic and simply beautiful sport, maybe even the best) and the 49ers’ Jerry Rice.

There are just too many to list. But it’s been a privilege to have seen them in the flesh and even under the threat of extreme torture, such as being forced to listen to recordings of SFA/SPL meetings, I could never say my job has been anything like work. It’s been a pleasure.

Until recently.

Unfortunately, there has been the last twisted and bitter year during which Scottish football, unable to deal with the Rangers crisis in a civilised manner, has tried to tear itself apart. All in the name of sporting integrity, of course.

Actually, for the last couple of years some of the most bilious types have been allowed to emerge from the shadows and spew invective that sadly became regarded as fact, even though what they were saying and writing wasn’t even close to being definitive. Or honest. Overnight all sorts of anonymous bloggers became experts. These champions of decency had all the answers. They knew better than anyone else. They said over and over Rangers would be done for cheating the tax man.

They were wrong, the Rangers Tax Case blog in particular. Yet he/her/they stated: “This blog has been accurate on all of the major points of the case except the one that matters most to date – the FTT (First-tier Tax Tribunal) outcome”.

Excuse me? Accurate on all the major points except the bit that matters most. And that’s all right is it?

That’s a bit like a team manager saying after a defeat: “Hold on, I picked the right team and I believe my tactics were correct. So the result doesn’t really matter.”

Dolts. The result is everything. If any of the Rangers Tax Case bloggers are trained lawyers, would you want them to defend you in a court of law?

Even now so many – and I include some fellow journalists – still cannot bring themselves to accept Rangers did not cheat the tax man by using EBTs.

One journalist declared it to be “a government conspiracy” when he heard the ruling in Rangers’ favour.

Perhaps in time more will be written about this kind of hack and the rabid desire to help bring down Rangers, a fierce desire that, sadly, was widespread. Actually, I’m sure more will be written about them.

Just when did they become consumed by such eye-popping rage? Was it always there, a dormant fury against Rangers and their fans, who deserve enormous credit for having saved their club, just waiting for the catalyst?

Now they can’t help themselves. They can’t stop foaming at the mouth and we can be sure their determination to have titles stripped will go into overdrive.

They need some kind of victory or they might explode and that would be terribly messy. All that bile all over the walls and streets.

Unfortunately reason was never allowed to be a player in this grotesque game, which quickly became dominated mostly by incoherent imbeciles fuelled by all that hatred.

And let’s not forget how some with telly platforms were prompted by those bloggers and ill-informed commentators. Stupidly they allowed themselves to be duped by supporters with dangerous agendas hidden under the banner of integrity.

And the result? Some of the most shallow and infantile drivel ever written. These egotists are so into

themselves they’ve no regard for the safety or wellbeing of those about whom they have written some awful and completely inaccurate pieces.

Despicable, pathetic little creatures craving some kind of recognition but lacking in conscience and morality.

I’m so sorry they’ve had to be thrown up into the same piece as some of the true greats and gentlemen of world sport.

However, that’s it. My work here is done and I’m glad – but just for the record, I’ve not been sacked or made redundant. I was asked to remain but my conscience won’t allow me to stay in our profession.

The kind of journalism needed by the country, never mind sport, no longer exists in enough of the media outlets.

But as I’ve said, the good memories of all those sporting greats will always outweigh the negatives, especially those that bubbled to the surface throughout this last year.

Thanks to sport’s real heroes I’ve had a ball and thank you for reading while I was with The Herald, the Daily Express and the Daily Record.

Good luck to you – and be careful about what and who you read in the future.

There are people out there calling themselves by different names.

But that’s not the bit that should worry you. They are calling themselves journalists.

I just read it Tedi...I am sure there are a few publications,broadcasters and sports journalist waiting to hear if Traynor will go the whole way and name and shame them. Don't hold back now Jim!!!

He could start by outting himself as he seems to have to have Rangers guilty aswell.

Jabba

Look out for the Bit when he says than HMRC will not put Rangers into administration smile.gif

Edited by Umbungo1874