Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

1354294582[/url]' post='6854526']

Well you can have York City for the heady days of the mid-eighties and the recent Wembley trips, or Leeds for the turn-of-the-millennium fun, mainly due to using my mate or his wife's season ticket when one or both couldn't make it....

I should feel some empathy with Bradford fans, rattling about in a bloody great barn of a stadium, and Wednesday do have a sensible kit choice....

Anybody but bloody Doncaster!

I know we're off topic a bit, but my favourite English team are well known for their administration, going down a couple of leagues due to administration and financial mismanagement, play in white and blue (and a little bit of yellow). Their current manager is trying to win his eighth promotion of his career, and they play at LS11 0ES.

They have had similar financial problems to Rangers. And their Chairman is a wee runt.

I know we're off topic a bit, but my favourite English team are well known for their administration, going down a couple of leagues due to administration and financial mismanagement, play in white and blue (and a little bit of yellow). Their current manager is trying to win his eighth promotion of his career, and they play at LS11 0ES.

They have had similar financial problems to Rangers. And their Chairman is a wee runt.

ETA: They also have less legroom on the Kop than any other ground I've been to (including East Stand, RPblink.gif)

Wee runt he may be, but you'd rather have Uncle Ken on your side than working against you. ETA(2) and you'd better not let him hear you likening them to rangers - he's no stranger to the courts!

I miss those tropical fish..... (off-topic Ridsdale gag)*

*Actually, almost back on topic (yeah, I know!) - Is Charlie Boy a bigger chancer than Ridsdale? There's a debate for the wee small hours to come.

Edited by WhiteRoseKillie

Ah speculation, I remember those days. Days when you could have a discussion, without having to provide a list, or a quote.

Tho' the quotes were good. Jardine was my favourite. Some real belters, like whilst during an embargo, proclaiming. If players don't perform, we'll just bring in more.

adiscussion could go on for days. These days it's just railroaded.

Sad Jag. :-(

I loved Charlie's scouting mission at the Euros. laugh.gif

Tom English is a good shout. Chico would get 'cardiganed' again I think.

Tom English would indeed ask perceptive questions and there's therefore no chance that he'd get the opportunity.

I don't really mind Chic too much, but he's just about the last person on Earth I'd choose to ask searching, difficult questions of anyone connected to Rangers.

Tom English would indeed ask perceptive questions and there's therefore no chance that he'd get the opportunity.

I don't really mind Chic too much, but he's just about the last person on Earth I'd choose to ask searching, difficult questions of anyone connected to Rangers.

The first question he'd ask is "have you got a list of the questions you'd like me to ask?"laugh.gif

Guest Kincardine

:unsure: I just checked the bottom there myself ! man those skid marks were still smoking :lol:

Really, this thread is going well off topic. Whose bottom did you check?

Guest Kincardine

It really depends which Tom English shows up. I can listen to him, say, on the radio on a Saturday and he's smart, astute and insightful. I can then read an article by him on the Sunday and you'd think he'd gone to the boozer and allowed one of his kids to write his copy. He is obviously one of our few capable sports journalists but is also prone to write inane pap in his crowd-pleasing moments.

What is Hugh McIlvanney up to these days? He wouldn't be afraid to ask Chuckles some difficult questions.

Actually it's saying something about the state of our press when the only guy I can come up with for this gig is close to 80 years old.

Guest Kincardine

I think he worries about what the fans think about him, he often mentions on the radio what people are saying or accusing him of, this obviously influences his articles which often seem aimed at different audience from his previous article

I think you're dead right - and for this reason I don't regard him as a sensible journalist. He goes with what's popular too often.

You should think harder.

smile.gif

You will no doubt enlighten me as to any promises that chuckie cheese has managed to actually keep. Serious question. Your fellow orc terri or teddi or someone failed to give me one a few pages back.

It really depends which Tom English shows up. I can listen to him, say, on the radio on a Saturday and he's smart, astute and insightful. I can then read an article by him on the Sunday and you'd think he'd gone to the boozer and allowed one of his kids to write his copy. He is obviously one of our few capable sports journalists but is also prone to write inane pap in his crowd-pleasing moments.

What is Hugh McIlvanney up to these days? He wouldn't be afraid to ask Chuckles some difficult questions.

Actually it's saying something about the state of our press when the only guy I can come up with for this gig is close to 80 years old.

Big Shug writes for the wider public now - his is one of the first bits of the Sunday Times I turn to. He covered the story a couple of times in the summer, but mostly as a curiosity item. A bit disappointing, really, but it could be said that that shows the impact of this "global brand" outside the WoS bubble.

Does anyone else think that the big rush to get the share issue done before the new year has anything to do with the transfer window being right afterwards, it gives Chuckie a good excuse to go back to his Sheffield ways and sell the team if the share issue is a flop.

"CHARLES GREEN HE SELLS THE TEAM"

'Kin 'ell, I knew about the back to front plugholes but I never realised that took so fcuking long for pennies to drop Down Under. :P

I think you're dead right - and for this reason I don't regard him as a sensible journalist. He goes with what's popular too often.

Can't say I agree with this.

A desire to pursue a populist angle would surely see him adopting a similar line to most of the MSM ie. Traynoresque dishonesty.

As with all writers, some of English's pieces are better than others. I enjoyed that lampoonery of Green via a mock drama script the other week for instance, but in places, it didn't work that well.

In the wake of the BTC verdict, he's been really strong in criticising the way Rangers obstructed the process of their own appeal, and in highliting the vaulting and ultimately damaging vanity of the RTC guy.

I think that what you're criticising as a willingness to change his line, can otherwise be known as balance and objectivity.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

Really, this thread is going well off topic. Whose bottom did you check?

Whose bottom ? well I did check the bottom league and your team is deffo still there like a big massive shite that got forced in reeking the place out regardless of who did it :)

This thread went off topic almost immediately after your team was shoe horned into the 3rd division and the Rangers fans came out of the dark to pollute the thread with their brand of GIRFUY.Only because they have a team called Rangers playing football at Ibrox and assumed that the SPL would self implode because there wasn't any more Rangers in it and wanted to gloat about it.