Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

I know this discussion about the trolling of a troll is riveting but can i ask a wee question here and i have no idea if t has been asked or the answer.

When Airdrie United took over the membership of Clydebank did they take Clydebanks position in the leagues or did they start in the lowest league..Or were Clydebank already in the lowest league at the time of their takeover?

I believe they started at the lowest level but i am just double checking.

Cheers

I know this discussion about the trolling of a troll is riveting but can i ask a wee question here and i have no idea if t has been asked or the answer.

When Airdrie United took over the membership of Clydebank did they take Clydebanks position in the leagues or did they start in the lowest league..Or were Clydebank already in the lowest league at the time of their takeover?

I believe they started at the lowest level but i am just double checking.

Cheers

They took Clydebank's place in Div 2 according to this

To all intents and purposes they are Clydebank with a different name.

I am afraid i have to side with those saying Rangers as a club cheated during the period of time Whyte was Chairman. It was an 'open secret' at the club that Whyte was paying no outside contractors. I knew months before it was talked about anywhere that Whyte simply wasn't paying any bills and if i knew then i am sure many here did and i am even more convinced the directors at the club knew. I am not sure what action if any they could have taken to make it known without harming the club but the fact they took no action was their biggest 'crime'.

We can go on about the wording of the decision but at the end of the day by bringing in players we had no intention of paying for and not paying the PAYE/NI we were guilty of cheating and this is why i said from the outset that the 3rd division is wher we should be playing.

Haud on here, one minute you're calling me a troll and then the next minute you're agreeing with me? As Rasta Mouse himself would say - wha gwan? Or were you calling that tit Bendarroch a troll? In which case I take it all back.

The end. Your waxing-lyrical excuses on behalf of the P&B fantasists is duly noted.

smile.gif

If you can take comfort from all those trustees of your club that caused it to die or soon will be. I think you have spent too long point scoring with the other cheek that you cannot determine between cheap point scoring and actual debate on the very existence of your club.

So your club isin't involved in a liquidation, no thats right you have left that all behind and done an invasion of the bodysnatchers.

Come on the irony on you calling anyone a fantasist , shame you missed the Fringe this year.

Are you incapable of typing properly or unable to bring yourself to type their name? Or is this another "hilarious" joke like calling Peter Lawell "Liewell"?

Or the equally hilarious 'Rankers' or 'Sevco' for Rangers.

And 'Sally' McCoist.

Stop.

My sides are fit tae burstcool.gif

They took Clydebank's place in Div 2 according to this

To all intents and purposes they are Clydebank with a different name.

Aye exactly right. They were refused entry to the SFL as a new company, but permission was given to buy Clydebank, move them to Airdrie, change the name and strip and take their place in the second division. Essentially they are a continuation of Clydebank, albeit playing under a different name and colours and miles away from Clydebank.

Haud on here, one minute you're calling me a troll and then the next minute you're agreeing with me? As Rasta Mouse himself would say - wha gwan? Or were you calling that tit Bendarroch a troll? In which case I take it all back.

You get Rasta Mouse in Zurich?

I am agreeing with 1 small part and was saying this long before you joined this site.

You have added nothing to the argument. Your claim the only punishement was a 10 point deduction being just 1 of many inaccuracies

actual debate on the very existence of your club.

And you think it would be helpful to discuss this on a thread on P&B with various, ill-informed Rangers haters?

laugh.gif

This thread is a piss-take. I don't mind that. But you cannot expect it to be taken seriously in any meaningful sense. Having said that, perhaps you do.

I am afraid i have to side with those saying Rangers as a club cheated during the period of time Whyte was Chairman. It was an 'open secret' at the club that Whyte was paying no outside contractors. I knew months before it was talked about anywhere that Whyte simply wasn't paying any bills and if i knew then i am sure many here did and i am even more convinced the directors at the club knew. I am not sure what action if any they could have taken to make it known without harming the club but the fact they took no action was their biggest 'crime'.

We can go on about the wording of the decision but at the end of the day by bringing in players we had no intention of paying for and not paying the PAYE/NI we were guilty of cheating and this is why i said from the outset that the 3rd division is wher we should be playing.

Sensible post, No.8. If you were to ask anyone to come up with a one-word answer for the actions for which rangers were guilty, I'm sure our survey would say "top answer" for the word "cheating". Tedi and Bendarroch are doing a great job of perpetuating the orc stereotype over this nit-picking.

On the Div 3 thing, I know you've been one of the longest-standing supporters of this resolution, but your fellow bears are just embarassing with their "f**k the SPL" nonsense, when we all know they're crying into their cider at the thought of celtic in the CL group stages.

(Bolded)

Obviously these directors were put in a quandary, but by deciding the club's future was more important than the law, they have painted themselves as complicit in the malfeasance.

Oh, and they backed the wrong horse!

I'm still finding it amusing that The Rangers fans are in a flap that the Lawyers tasked with digging the dirt on Rangers alleged cheating may have an agenda to find as much evidence as possible.

If I have a crime committed against me I would hope the Prosecution lawyer would dig as much dirt as possible rather than show up and be objective and see both sides of the story. That is the job for the judge!

You get Rasta Mouse in Zurich?

I am agreeing with 1 small part and was saying this long before you joined this site.

You have added nothing to the argument. Your claim the only punishement was a 10 point deduction being just 1 of many inaccuracies

Oh aye, that reminds me. I did ask you a couple of days ago if you could list the punishments rangers were given. No reply since, unfortunately - are they just too many? Are they just too draconian? Will naeboady think ae the faimlies?

So, as I understand it:

1. 10 point deduction for admin.

2. £160k fines from SFA tribunal.

3. Registration embargo. (cancelled on appeal)

4. Eeehhhh...... That would appear to be it. Unless you know different, of course?

Sensible post, No.8. If you were to ask anyone to come up with a one-word answer for the actions for which rangers were guilty, I'm sure our survey would say "top answer" for the word "cheating". Tedi and Bendarroch are doing a great job of perpetuating the orc stereotype over this nit-picking.

On the Div 3 thing, I know you've been one of the longest-standing supporters of this resolution, but your fellow bears are just embarassing with their "f**k the SPL" nonsense, when we all know they're crying into their cider at the thought of celtic in the CL group stages.

(Bolded)

Obviously these directors were put in a quandary, but by deciding the club's future was more important than the law, they have painted themselves as complicit in the malfeasance.

Oh, and they backed the wrong horse!

Can i just say..and i don't speak for others here just myself..I could not care any less about celtic and the Champions League.

As for the SPL. I am not going to make any decision about travelling to away grounds yet but i know those i travel with have said they will not go again to away games. They are considering adopting an SFL club to watch when Rangers are away from home...I think i might suggest Queens Park just to piss off the Convenor ;) . I will say this IF the SPL clubs increase the ticket price when we are visiting then it will be a no from me as well. For years we were ripped off by clubs and it is time there was a fair pricing scheme put in place across the board.

Getting back to the Airdrie / Clydebank continuation...Surely The Rangers are a continuation of the old Rangers in the eyes of the footballing authorities. Not interetested in the oldco/newco and what your personal thoughts on the matter are but purely through the laws of the game. If The Rangers have the membership of old Rangers then why were they not invited to take their place in the SPL.

Don't shoot me down here i am just looking for an explantion. I had a wee argument with a mate over this as i thought Airdrie United started in the lowest tier when they bought The Bankies..Looks like i was wrong..........again :ph34r:

Getting back to the Airdrie / Clydebank continuation...Surely The Rangers are a continuation of the old Rangers in the eyes of the footballing authorities. Not interetested in the oldco/newco and what your personal thoughts on the matter are but purely through the laws of the game. If The Rangers have the membership of old Rangers then why were they not invited to take their place in the SPL.

Don't shoot me down here i am just looking for an explantion. I had a wee argument with a mate over this as i thought Airdrie United started in the lowest tier when they bought The Bankies..Looks like i was wrong..........again :ph34r:

I think part of the argument is whether or not The Rangers could be voted into SPL and Rangers got a vote on it. So in sense Rangers were voting for or against a different company, which exists today as Rangers/The Rangers/SevCo.

I could be wrong though. Can anyone shed some more light on this?