Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Closing on 3,300 pages on The Rangers. A thread that shadows everything else.

I can understand this passionate fascination for our greatest of clubs.

Epic, isn't it.

If you have read it though you would see that its not all about Rangers but rather how the events of the past few months have effected every club in Scottish football in some form or other. I think when its done it maybe should be published, because there is some tremendous input from football fans from all clubs and it is a great insight into the minds of those that go to watch the nations favourite sport.

Dundee United have confirmed that the debts owed to the club by Rangers have NOT been paid.

From the Daily Record :

Rangers chief Charles Green: We have paid all our debts to Scottish clubs

CHARLES GREEN last night revealed Rangers have finally settled their debts with Scottish clubs.

The Ibrox chief was seething after being accused by callers on James Traynor's BBC Scotland radio show of leaving clubs out of pocket while splashing cash on players.

Green says he tried to get on Saturday's phone-in but couldn't get through. And now he wants to set the record straight.

Green insisted while Dunfermline had previously been paid, the Third Division club has now also settled debts to Celtic, Hearts – over the signing of Lee Wallace – and Dundee United, over £35,000 for gate receipts.

And he said: "There are fans out there who think we are signing new players and haven't paid our debts. This couldn't be further from the truth.

"They are not even my debts but I've paid them anyway as we want to put this behind us and rise again.

"I want you to make the point really clear. There were people on Jim Traynor's show saying it is wrong for Rangers to sign these new players when they haven't paid this and haven't paid that.

"But that is wrong. We have paid every club we owed money to in Scotland.

"We handed £500,00 to the SFA last Thursday to clear up all the fines and to pay what we owed the clubs."

Green also insists there will be more arrivals at Rangers before the window closes on August 31 – and that other players will leave.

The Ibrox club had snapped up Dean Shiels but their treble swoop for Kevin Kyle, Fran Sandaza and Emilson Cribari in one day had upset some callers.

And the chief executive said: "I will be further supporting Alistair with more signings he wants, so there shouldn't be a problem upsetting anyone now.

"We have other targets lined up. There will be more players coming into the club before deadline day but I can't say who they are because I can't pronounce their names.

"And there will be more players leaving the club."

The players McCoist already has at his disposal had to come from behind to take a point at Peterhead

on Saturday.

And Green insists the players will have to fight even harder if they want to win promotion.

He added: "The players have to realise this is a fight. This is just the start.

"But I'm used to it as from the day I came in, I've been fighting.

"We have been fighting with the SFA, the SPL and now with Third Division clubs to take points off them so for us this is not strange."

They're at it again.:rolleyes:

Edited by CityDave

From the Daily Record :

Rangers chief Charles Green: We have paid all our debts to Scottish clubs

CHARLES GREEN last night revealed Rangers have finally settled their debts with Scottish clubs.

The Ibrox chief was seething after being accused by callers on James Traynor's BBC Scotland radio show of leaving clubs out of pocket while splashing cash on players.

Green says he tried to get on Saturday's phone-in but couldn't get through. And now he wants to set the record straight.

Green insisted while Dunfermline had previously been paid, the Third Division club has now also settled debts to Celtic, Hearts – over the signing of Lee Wallace – and Dundee United, over £35,000 for gate receipts.

And he said: "There are fans out there who think we are signing new players and haven't paid our debts. This couldn't be further from the truth.

"They are not even my debts but I've paid them anyway as we want to put this behind us and rise again.

"I want you to make the point really clear. There were people on Jim Traynor's show saying it is wrong for Rangers to sign these new players when they haven't paid this and haven't paid that.

"But that is wrong. We have paid every club we owed money to in Scotland.

"We handed £500,00 to the SFA last Thursday to clear up all the fines and to pay what we owed the clubs."

Green also insists there will be more arrivals at Rangers before the window closes on August 31 – and that other players will leave.

The Ibrox club had snapped up Dean Shiels but their treble swoop for Kevin Kyle, Fran Sandaza and Emilson Cribari in one day had upset some callers.

And the chief executive said: "I will be further supporting Alistair with more signings he wants, so there shouldn't be a problem upsetting anyone now.

"We have other targets lined up. There will be more players coming into the club before deadline day but I can't say who they are because I can't pronounce their names.

"And there will be more players leaving the club."

The players McCoist already has at his disposal had to come from behind to take a point at Peterhead

on Saturday.

And Green insists the players will have to fight even harder if they want to win promotion.

He added: "The players have to realise this is a fight. This is just the start.

"But I'm used to it as from the day I came in, I've been fighting.

"We have been fighting with the SFA, the SPL and now with Third Division clubs to take points off them so for us this is not strange."

They're at it again.:rolleyes:

"There are fans out there who think we are signing new players and haven't paid our debts. This couldn't be further from the truth.

"

Let's look at these two sentences a little more closely. "Rangers" have not paid their debts in full, if they had there would not have been a CVL called for.

This next one is more interesting, let's read it again, "They are not even my debts but I've paid them anyway as we want to put this behind us and rise again." So, Green does not consider the footballing debts to be his but is paying them anyway. Obviously paying £50k is in his interests to create the illusion that Sevco have become Rangers or vice versa, the most important point is that even Green does not consider the debts to be his, Green does not consider Sevco to owe any money because they do not. Legally Sevco are not and never will be Rangers, legally Sevco are not a continuation of Rangers Green has verified this point now. It's amazing what truths come out when you are in seethe mode.

ETA I was wrong in my first assumption that Green is "paying" these debts to create an illusion of continuation. Green's only creating an illusion of paying the debts in order to keep Sevco's SFA/SFL memberships. If it was not a condition that all footballing debts/fines were satisfied then no-one would see a penny from him.

Edited by stonedsailor

Epic, isn't it.

If you have read it though you would see that its not all about Rangers but rather how the events of the past few months have effected every club in Scottish football in some form or other. I think when its done it maybe should be published, because there is some tremendous input from football fans from all clubs and it is a great insight into the minds of those that go to watch the nations favourite sport.

It's human nature to not look away when a train smash is happening in front of you.

The strangest part of the whole saga is the blind acceptance of Charles Green. After the events of Murray and Whyte, you would assume that Green Rangers would be treated with some scepticism. There are still so many unanswered questions out there, I would have thought the Green Rangers fans would be bombarding forums such as RM.

Oldco got into the state they ended up in precisely because of the culture of not asking hard questions. (A culture that may have been led by the likes of James Traynor, but it was also assisted by various stakeholders at Oldco).

However, it just seems to be another big love-in at Ibrox, with everything on the periphery being ignored.

I've no axe to grind with ordinary Rangers fans. If you pay your money, week in week out to support the club, then you deserve to at least be told what is going on.

I have no doubt that the Scottish media are going to find it hard to get out of the culture of sucking up to Ibrox in the hope of being thrown scraps from the table and it's no surprise to me that many of them are still not pushing for answers, but to be honest, the biggest part of this whole debacle that I can't fathom is why Rangers supporters aren't demanding more clarity about the current set up.

Today's Scotsman has Green's full speech to ST purchasers yesterday:

"We're not having - excuse my French - the P taken out of us any more. It's finished.

"I'll give you an example. This morning, I had a phone call from the SPL telling us we can't put our old games on the website because we don't own the archive rights. 'And by the way, Charles, don't get angry. You shouldn't think we are being vindictive, it's just what the agreement says'.

"Tell me how I took that? I was walking on the ceiling.

"I think there is an agenda.

"There's still battles to be won. I shan't let you down. I said to someone earlier that when everyone was against us we stayed. People are now warming to us and we are staying. But if we leave fans to one side for a moment, while that lot are against us I'm not leaving.

"There's no-one spoke for this club for three or four years. It's not had anyone standing up.

"I am going to get fined every week, I suspect, or I will get banned."

The statement from Tannadice has got me thinking - surely once again, serious questions have to be asked about the media and their reporting of the whole story.

Charles Green says they have paid all their footballing debts - all the media outlets report this as 100% fact. The BBC at least stated that it was Scottish debts, but not one of these "journalists" thought to phone Mad Vlad or Stephen Thompson to see if the brown envelope had arrived.

Constant acceptance of Rangers' statements when they are less than true, total lies written in some cases (Craig Whyte billionaire, Sky pulling out), and utter nonsense portrayed as serious journalism - it's ridiculous.

It's human nature to not look away when a train smash is happening in front of you.

The strangest part of the whole saga is the blind acceptance of Charles Green. After the events of Murray and Whyte, you would assume that Green Rangers would be treated with some scepticism. There are still so many unanswered questions out there, I would have thought the Green Rangers fans would be bombarding forums such as RM.

Oldco got into the state they ended up in precisely because of the culture of not asking hard questions. (A culture that may have been led by the likes of James Traynor, but it was also assisted by various stakeholders at Oldco).

However, it just seems to be another big love-in at Ibrox, with everything on the periphery being ignored.

I've no axe to grind with ordinary Rangers fans. If you pay your money, week in week out to support the club, then you deserve to at least be told what is going on.

I have no doubt that the Scottish media are going to find it hard to get out of the culture of sucking up to Ibrox in the hope of being thrown scraps from the table and it's no surprise to me that many of them are still not pushing for answers, but to be honest, the biggest part of this whole debacle that I can't fathom is why Rangers supporters aren't demanding more clarity about the current set up.

I would look upon it more like survival instinct rather than human nature.

Charles Greene has come up roses on this one, never before has one of the most despised business men ever to go near a football club been accepted with open arms and shit eating grins by another without question. Might be alright now but the guy has previous and his loyalty only goes as far as how much he can make out of the venture, you only have to look at the number of companies he has passed through.

Rangers fans should be demanding more clarity after all its them that has created the circumstances in which the club can move forward by snapping up those season tickets.

Question is has the money from season tickets been used to pay the high earners at the club, some of the debts to other clubs and the running costs?. What's left and has there been more borrowing?.

Puzzled though because I heard a little story about Sevco's credit or rather lack of it and a golf trip up to Inverness after the Brechin game. Don't know whether they went or not but apparently the Kingsmills Hotel in Inverness refused them unless they gave cash upfront.:unsure:

The statement from Tannadice has got me thinking - surely once again, serious questions have to be asked about the media and their reporting of the whole story.

Charles Green says they have paid all their footballing debts - all the media outlets report this as 100% fact. The BBC at least stated that it was Scottish debts, but not one of these "journalists" thought to phone Mad Vlad or Stephen Thompson to see if the brown envelope had arrived.

Constant acceptance of Rangers' statements when they are less than true, total lies written in some cases (Craig Whyte billionaire, Sky pulling out), and utter nonsense portrayed as serious journalism - it's ridiculous.

Ultimately, most have very little interest in whether it's true - their main concern is simply conveying it so that it seems to be true.

As we've seen throughout - they're often simply a willing mouthpiece/propaganda outlet.

Journalists don't seem to do much investigation either way, the report about Thompson's statement declared that ICT were still owed money but as far as I know, from conversations with the club and ST that debt was paid weeks ago. Journalists just print what they think will get more of an audience regardless of factual accuracy.

They can't even see a good story when it jumps up and bites them in the face. For the Charles Green story in the record I would have focused on the fact that the owner of Sevco has admitted that he does not consider the debts of the old club to be continued to the new club but has only paid them so that the new club can be given a good start. Far more newsworthy than reporting his lies as fact, straight from the horses mouth and would certainly shift a few more copies.

Closing on 3,300 pages on The Rangers. A thread that shadows everything else.

I can understand this passionate fascination for our greatest of clubs.

Get used to it; the legal proceedings that haven't even started will run for years. This is not about the new team in the SFL3, this is about the old rangers , how they got into such a financial mess that they were liquidated, how their fans kept funding charlatan after charlatan, how scottish fitba dealt with it, how corruption can't get away with it so easily these days, MSM vs the internet warriors etc etc. Great entertainment, important for scottish fitba and lessons to be learned for all. Enjoy.

And this shouldn't be in the SFL3 forum, sevco's part in this is minor compared to rangers.

Charles Green appears as transparent as the stand up guy Craigy Whyte. He is pandering to the orcs & to the media with lies & spin in much the same way Whyte did. Are they all so blind as to fall for it?

Orcs not the sharpest tools in the box

Edited by old school

You're right that it's ridiculous.

Has he paid it, or hasn't he?

This shouldn't be a complicated investigation for any half decent investigative journalist. The fact that no one seems to have an answer says all that needs to be said about how fat, lazy and second rate the Scottish media is becoming.

You're right that it's ridiculous.

Has he paid it, or hasn't he?

This shouldn't be a complicated investigation for any half decent investigative journalist. The fact that no one seems to have an answer says all that needs to be said about how fat, lazy and second rate the Scottish media is ----------.

Sorted that for you.