Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Furthermore, the assets themselves were never offered for sale without the business (complete with toxic debt).

There really was no need for D & P to spend money on advertising the availability of the whole or parts of the business, it was on the front page of every paper for months. Every businessman knows that if a company is in administration the administrators will listen to any offer.

It's simply not credible to suggest that there were willing buyers for the assets (or for the whole business) who missed out because they didn't know, or were waiting to be "invited".

There really was no need for D & P to spend money on advertising the availability of the whole or parts of the business, it was on the front page of every paper for months. Every businessman knows that if a company is in administration the administrators will listen to any offer.

It's simply not credible to suggest that there were willing buyers for the assets (or for the whole business) who missed out because they didn't know, or were waiting to be "invited".

They were waiting on the individual items appearing on "Homes Under the Hammer", "Bargain Hunt" & "Cash in the Attic". :lol:

....A rangers fan walks into a pub...

The start of many a joke, but this happened today in Yorkshire. Lad walks into the pub 'resplendent' in his new black rangers top.

"So what do the five stars above the old badge signify?" I ask

"That's our history, innit?"

"erm no...new club, history wiped, the old club is dead"

"nah, it's just like Brazil innit? With their trophies and badges on their tops?"

:lol:

Edited by bairney

No, that's not the point. All that D & P were interested in was selling 'the club'. They did not sell off assets (players, property). Anyone taking on the club was saddled with the mess. The admins role was to secure the best deal for the creditors. Lord Hodge and BDO will both be taking a view as to whether they did that. It is not inconceivable that the sale to Green could be viewed as gratuitous alienation and unwound.

....A rangers fan walks into a pub...

The start of many a joke, but this happened today in Yorkshire. Lad walks into the pub 'resplendent' in his new black rangers top.

"So what do the five stars above the old badge signify?" I ask

"That's our history, innit?"

"erm no...new club, history wiped, the old club is dead"

"nah, it's just like Brazil innit? With their trophies and badges on their tops?"

:lol:

I wish it were the case but think you are mistaken unless you have any evidence that they are starting from scratch. I fear the official record books shows the past achievements of rangers is intact with sevco. Would love to be proved wrong.

Already dabbled at 6/1 + 13/2 for 'Rangers' not to win the division, so after yesterdays result the latest from PaddyPower is currants 1/33 :lol: , Peterhead + Queens Park at 25/1, with 'The field' v Rangers at 9/1.

Will go back in with a score on Peterhead and another whack on The Field.

Even if they dodge admin again, they are far far far from being 1/33 shots.

Already dabbled at 6/1 + 13/2 for 'Rangers' not to win the division, so after yesterdays result the latest from PaddyPower is currants 1/33 :lol: , Peterhead + Queens Park at 25/1, with 'The field' v Rangers at 9/1.

Will go back in with a score on Peterhead and another whack on The Field.

Even if they dodge admin again, they are far far far from being 1/33 shots.

Will the bookies pay out if when administration returns?

Not a gambler so don't know the rules.

eta fixed that for me.:)

Edited by cyderspaceman

Will the bookies pay out if administration returns?

Not a gambler so don't know the rules.

Its PaddyPowers odds and yes they will pay out. Caveat was points deduction before league started, so that doesn't count now :)

No, that's not the point. All that D & P were interested in was selling 'the club'. They did not sell off assets (players, property). Anyone taking on the club was saddled with the mess. The admins role was to secure the best deal for the creditors. Lord Hodge and BDO will both be taking a view as to whether they did that. It is not inconceivable that the sale to Green could be viewed as gratuitous alienation and unwound.

While being in no way knowledgeable in this field, I can 'accept the technicalities of what you say

but could that realistically happen after all this time?

I presume there are precedents but only for lower profile, less 'people-involved' businesses I

would imagine. Chaos on several fronts if it happened. I'd like to see it :ph34r:

Edited by cyderspaceman

I think the governing bodies need to clarify the status of SEVCO ( 'The Rangers' ) prior to any future administration event taking place.

If Sevco are claiming they are 'Rangers' and retain their history/titles, then any future administration event must be their 'second' and punished accordingly.

I sense a weakening in the "they are a new club" stance.:angry:

Given the attitudes of the various authorities, that is hardly surprising.

I don't think any clarification will take place.

Actions will be tailored to suit whichever agenda arises. IMO.

While being in no way knowledgeable in this field, I can 'accept the technicalities of what you say

but could that realistically happen after all this time?

I presume there are precedents but only for lower profile, less 'people-involved' businesses I

would imagine. Chaos on several fronts if it happened. I'd like to see it :ph34r:

'after all this time?' 10 weeks?

They can unwind transactions within the last 5 years.

Not really, as far as I am concerned they are 'deider' than a dodo masquerading as a blue parrot in a Monty Python sketch. I simply feel that the Pie & Bovril 'Light Brigade' should launch an offensive campaign against the SFL/SFA/SPL demanding that they as the governing bodies should clarify the status of SEVCO once and for all ... in the interests of 'transparency' regarding any future misdemeanours.

Not that it matters,once they are stripped of tainted titles they will squealing and raging which is enough to delight me :lol:

Whilst I agree with you, we have little power in this case. No ST money to withhold, for example.

I would like to hear anyone's ideas on how this may be achieved.

Oh, I'm searching for a suitable 'political' signature. Seems to upset at least one of them.8)

Edited by cyderspaceman

Guest Kincardine

Not really, as far as I am concerned they are 'deider' than a dodo masquerading as a blue parrot in a Monty Python sketch.

Yet you can't resist posting about them? That makes no sense at all.

If I believed that something was, "'deider' than a dodo masquerading as a blue parrot in a Monty Python sketch. " then I'd make no further comments.

Bet you can't.

From the DR,

CHARLES GREEN revealed the Ibrox club have settled all their outstanding bills with Scottish clubs

Charles Green Rangers FC Charles Green Rangers FC

CHARLES GREEN last night revealed Rangers have finally settled their debts with Scottish clubs.

The Ibrox chief was seething after being accused by callers on James Traynor’s BBC Scotland radio show of leaving clubs out of pocket while splashing cash on players.

Green says he tried to get on Saturday’s phone-in but couldn't get through. And now he wants to set the record straight.

Green insisted while Dunfermline had previously been paid, the Third Division club has now also settled debts to Celtic, Hearts – over the signing of Lee Wallace – and Dundee United, over £35,000 for gate receipts.

And he said: “There are fans out there who think we are signing new players and haven’t paid our debts. This couldn't be further from the truth.

“They are not even my debts but I’ve paid them anyway as we want to put this behind us and rise again.

“I want you to make the point really clear. There were people on Jim Traynor’s show saying it is wrong for Rangers to sign these new players when they haven’t paid this and haven’t paid that.

“But that is wrong. We have paid every club we owed money to in Scotland.

“We handed £500,00 to the SFA last Thursday to clear up all the fines and to pay what we owed the clubs.

Green also insists there will be more arrivals at Rangers before the window closes on August 31 – and that other players will leave.

How much did they owe Hearts? And Thursday? I bet it was all in cash too...........;)

Yet you can't resist posting about them? That makes no sense at all.

If I believed that something was, "'deider' than a dodo masquerading as a blue parrot in a Monty Python sketch. " then I'd make no further comments.

Bet you can't.

Schoolboy error there Kincardine. You really thought he would never post on the subject again ?

"CHARLES GREEN revealed the Ibrox club have settled all their outstanding bills with Scottish clubs

Charles Green Rangers FC Charles Green Rangers FC"

Is this the official name they are running with now?

So good he named it after himself, twice? :lol:

From the DR,

How much did they owe Hearts? And Thursday? I bet it was all in cash too...........;)

According to Duff & Duffer, they had over £1,000,000 in football debts not including fines.

http://images.mirror.co.uk/docs/dailyrecord3/446CF719-0748-5DEC-7ACB7FD9F453C067.pdf

So Green's a liar or Duff & Duffer are liars.

Or they're all liars, take yer pick.

According to Duff & Duffer, they had over £1,000,000 in football debts not including fines.

http://images.mirror...FD9F453C067.pdf

So Green's a liar or Duff & Duffer are liars.

Or they're all liars, take yer pick.

I will go with 'C'....

It is just the Scottish clubs that were meant to be squared away plus fines. But that is way more than a 1/2 million.