Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

How fucked up is this? McCoist appealing to fans to buy Season Tickets to avoid redundancies - presumably amongst the support staff, since the playing squad is being increased in size.

Granted the article does say that Edu and Bedoya are likely to leave, but are those two on a combined wage similar to the five (Black, Shiels, Kyle, Sandaza and Cribari) that have so far been brought in?

PS the article mentions that 20,000 season tickets have so far been sold which isnae bad for a fourth tier team I suppose.

1344499308[/url]' post='6508442']

How fucked up is this? McCoist appealing to fans to buy Season Tickets to avoid redundancies - presumably amongst the support staff, since the playing squad is being increased in size.

Granted the article does say that Edu and Bedoya are likely to leave, but are those two on a combined wage similar to the five (Black, Shiels, Kyle, Sandaza and Cribari) that have so far been brought in?

PS the article mentions that 20,000 season tickets have so far been sold which isnae bad for a fourth tier team I suppose.

Best bit is when he says he'd have been as suspicious if Princess Di or Mother Teresa had bought the club as he was of Charles Green. Is that because they're dead, Sally, or is it cos Mother Teresa is from 'the wrong side of the city'.....

So, still no cutting their cloth, eh? Surprise, surprise. Showboating up to the usual standard (I was going to say beyond belief, but, with that crowd, nothing is). In truth, it is fuckin disgraceful, pulling in players on mega-wages when there's no need for it, then passing the guilt onto the fans "if we pay the tea-lady aff, then it's all the fans fault for no supporting us."

Not bad considering we had less than a week from receiving the renewal forms to the deadline. The online sales has seemingly been a shambles and there is no credit facility like before. It is also in the middle of the local holiday period and people don't have the money at the moment. IF we have sold 20,000 to date i would be surprised if the final figure is not over 30,000.

From the same Herald article...

Green had promised to deliver £30m in investment before the end of July, but has so far only secured £1m from Craig Mather, the Nottingham businessman, for a 10% shareholding.

Oh, well done Charlie boy!

So there goes another of Greens "promises", and on the basis that he's sold off a 10% shareholding for just £1m, the whole club is valued at around £10m. So there seems little hope of him raising the £30m he promised then, unless someone is going to gift him the money or the value of the club has suddenly soared since he did the 10% deal. In fact, if we assume that the value stays the same, and that Charles wants to keep a controlling stake of 51%, then the best he can probably hope for is to raise a further £3.9m for the remaining 39% of the club.

Ravelin

Edited by Ravelin

FFS one day they're signing 3 SPL quality strikers, next day talking about redundancies.

Disgraceful... I'm sure some of the £7k a week they're about to unneccessarily sign Craig Beattie would've kept a tea lady, and a few office staff in a job for a while.

They really have no shame in ripping the pish out of the dimwitted Peepul!

If they weren't so pig ignorantly thick I would have some sympathy!

Not bad considering we had less than a week from receiving the renewal forms to the deadline. The online sales has seemingly been a shambles and there is no credit facility like before. It is also in the middle of the local holiday period and people don't have the money at the moment. IF we have sold 20,000 to date i would be surprised if the final figure is not over 30,000.

What's this local holiday shit got to do with it? Is most of your support from Paisley? Gasgow Fair finished nearly two weeks ago. And surely it's of no relevance anyway cos you're a GLOBAL BRAND,right, so local financial considerations shuoldn't matter either?

The local financial conditions ain't different from the last four years anyway. It's only the poor credit rating, therefore bank problems that are different to the last four years. Oh, aye, and the fact that it's a Newco. And the liquidation. And the walking away from debt. And the chancer in charge.

Right from Feb 14 on, I queried why Haudit & Daudit made zero compulsory redundancies. If Sevco are now talking about the possibility of staff redundancies, then in this instance, Charlie Green is in the clear. He would only be doing what the dynamic administration duo didn't... but should have. No offence to the Ibrox tea ladies or other staff - but what about Clinton Cards or the 'Game' chain of stores? Administration, stores closed, punters on the dole. No messing around.

The fact that possible staff redundancies might take place against a background of many SPL standard players coming in at many thousands of pounds a week is another matter entirely. This is indeed a question Ibrox staff would be well within their rights to ask Charlie Green. It doesn't surprise me of course, because in their previous guise, Sevco were bleeding cash and heading for big trouble - yet attempted to sign an SPL standard player on many thousands of pounds a week.

At the end of the day, it's Charlie's business to do what he sees fit. The fact that it appears they have learned no lessons, and are steaming towards another administration like Portsmouth is of no concern to me. Hell mend them.

FFS one day they're signing 3 SPL quality strikers, next day talking about redundancies.

Disgraceful... I'm sure some of the £7k a week they're about to unneccessarily sign Craig Beattie would've kept a tea lady, and a few office staff in a job for a while.

That was my 1st thought as well.

I'm not even shocked anymore, I find it hilarious that they're getting cocky & arrogant again (not that it ever stopped) while the rest of us real football fans wait for the glorious day when sevco die as well.

And "pig ignorantly thick" is being a bit kind, don't you think ?

Right from Feb 14 on, I queried why Haudit & Daudit made zero compulsory redundancies. If Sevco are now talking about the possibility of staff redundancies, then in this instance, Charlie Green is in the clear. He would only be doing what the dynamic administration duo didn't... but should have. No offence to the Ibrox tea ladies or other staff - but what about Clinton Cards or the 'Game' chain of stores? Administration, stores closed, punters on the dole. No messing around.

The fact that possible staff redundancies might take place against a background of many SPL standard players coming in at many thousands of pounds a week is another matter entirely. This is indeed a question Ibrox staff would be well within their rights to ask Charlie Green. It doesn't surprise me of course, because in their previous guise, Sevco were bleeding cash and heading for big trouble - yet attempted to sign an SPL standard player on many thousands of pounds a week.

At the end of the day, it's Charlie's business to do what he sees fit. The fact that it appears they have learned no lessons, and are steaming towards another administration like Portsmouth is of no concern to me. Hell mend them.

Up to a point. That point being when in a desperate struggle to pay monumental wages to players, they again stop paying PAYE and VAT. Then it's my business as well.

And yet no Rangers fans seem to be asking this question, how can they afford these wages?

I don't think this has been posted here yet - "How Are Sevco Affording Sandaza?", an excellent analysis of Sevco's finances by the Saint In Asia:

http://saintinasia.w...ording-sandaza/

Don't see the £3m from JJB.

Can't see less merchandise being purchased.

Has it actually been confirmed outside of a Daily Record story that we're paying anyone £7k a week?