Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

From SSN:

Ashley eyes Rangers stake

Newcastle owner keen on Ibrox investment

By Graeme Bailey - Tweet me: @skygraemebailey. Last Updated: August 8, 2012 8:01pm

Ashley_2808528.jpg Mike Ashley: Considering buying stake in Rangers

Sky Sports understands that Newcastle United owner Mike Ashley is in talks with Rangers' Charles Green over buying a stake in the Glasgow club.

When Green bought out the old Rangersspacer.gif and formed the newco, which now plays in the Scottish Third Division, he said that he and his fellow investors did not want any one person to buy any more than 15 per cent.

They are in negotiations with a number of parties about taking a share, one of whom is Newcastlespacer.gif chief Ashley - who after being barracked when he first took charge of the North East giants in 2007, has now moulded them into to one of the most astutely run clubs in the Premier League.

When asked about the possible involvement of Ashley, Rangers manager Ally McCoistspacer.gif told Sky Sports News HD: "Obviously someone with a proven track record like that, who is a successful businessman, would obviously be a good thing.

165012893_1777042695001_ari-origin06-arc-149-1344445138833.jpg?pubId=165012893Ashley to buy stake in Rangers

"I don't know whether it's a goer, how much money is involved, what the investment is and things like that."

Praise

Meanwhile, McCoist has heaped praise on chief executive Green and believes the club is now at its most stable point in some months.

The club won their first home game of the season 4-0 against East Fife on Tuesday and McCoist has praised the commitment of Green and the board.

He said: "I think we're now at the stage where the club has far more stability than we've had in recent months.

"The new owners came in, they were the only party that came up and put their money where their mouths were.

"They stood tall and bought the club so in that respect they deserve great support from us and from the fans.

"I've watched Charles and I don't have any doubt he's watched me in recent weeks. He has absolutely nailed his colours to the mast in terms of his work ethic and the hours he has put it.

"He has done his best for Rangers and fought for the club and represented the club to the best of his ability."

McCoist also revealed his working relationship with Green continues to develop as they both stride to take the club back through the leagues in the coming years.

He said: "I am a firm believer that the most important relationship at a club is between manager and chief executive.

"We are in the very early days but it is growing day by day and we each have a good appreciation of the other's situation within the club.

"We are certainly both of the view that we want to take the club forward.

"It is time for everyone with the best interests of Rangers at heart to unite and get behind the club.

"This is a new chapter for Rangers and we are all looking forward to the challenges ahead. The atmosphere around the stadium has been electric in the past few days and there has been a buzz at the Ticket Centre.

"This is just the start of the journey and we will all enjoy it together."

"cromulent" is new to me.:huh: Thanks. (don't think it's valid in this instance)

I have used 'went' instead of 'gone' when speaking.

Slovenly I admit. But when writing, I am usually more grammatically precise.

And one should never start a sentence with 'but'. Or 'and'. Or 'or'.........

Not a Simpsons fan then?

"cromulent" is new to me.:huh: Thanks. (don't think it's valid in this instance)

I have used 'went' instead of 'gone' when speaking.

Slovenly I admit. But when writing, I am usually more grammatically precise.

And one should never start a sentence with 'but'. Or 'and'. Or 'or'.........

But that's not necessarily the case. And another thing, if you take a look at any old novel you will see the use of these words at the beginning of many a sentence. Or, if you don't believe me, have a look. And before you say anything, I know it's not proper use of the English language and I also know my atempt to manipulate these sentences was pathetic.

When was the last time that iBroke had a crowd of 38000 + in a cup game that didn't involve Celtic, just wondering.....

There was a similar crowd for a Scottish cup replay v Hibs in 2008. I think...If not that one of the other Hibs matches before that, as they got the whole of the Broomloan stand.

There was a similar crowd for a Scottish cup replay v Hibs in 2008. I think...If not that one of the other Hibs matches before that, as they got the whole of the Broomloan stand.

Cheers dude. Maybe rapeepul should have follow followed a bit earlier.....

*point scoring disclaimer*

Please do us a favour - can you organise a boycott of the Queens Park away support never to come to Ibrox? I think we'll survive the loss of the 25 ticket sales, but it will protect your demands for integrity and that's the most important thing.

Aye, they're just a wee diddy team , with a big stadium they can't fill.

Unlike Sevco, they have an illustrious history , and a reputation for honesty and fair play.

They have gone further in an English FA competition than any OTHER Scottish club

who might hanker to do likewise.

I think the Spiders will still be here in 100 years time.

Sevco are brand new and won't last.

Google it - don't be lazy.

The BBC were quick enough to investigate Rangers yet they refuse to investigate the evidence of clear conflicts of interest between key personnel openly involved with both Celtic and Footballing authorities.

Relegate Celtic to the 3rd Division and allow the rest of Scottish Football to move forward without either pulling the strings

omg you are right! i didnt realise that people couldnt be involved with a football club and the football authorities!

i thought all people involved with the SFA and SPL couldnt have been involved with a club before!

like campbell ogilvie, and gordon smith and lex gold and fraser wishart, and scotland managers like walter smith and alex mcleish

oh wait....

From SSN:

Ashley eyes Rangers stake

Newcastle owner keen on Ibrox investment

By Graeme Bailey - Tweet me: @skygraemebailey. Last Updated: August 8, 2012 8:01pm

Ashley_2808528.jpg Mike Ashley: Considering buying stake in Rangers

Sky Sports understands that Newcastle United owner Mike Ashley is in talks with Rangers' Charles Green over buying a stake in the Glasgow club.

When Green bought out the old Rangersspacer.gif and formed the newco, which now plays in the Scottish Third Division, he said that he and his fellow investors did not want any one person to buy any more than 15 per cent.

They are in negotiations with a number of parties about taking a share, one of whom is Newcastlespacer.gif chief Ashley - who after being barracked when he first took charge of the North East giants in 2007, has now moulded them into to one of the most astutely run clubs in the Premier League.

When asked about the possible involvement of Ashley, Rangers manager Ally McCoistspacer.gif told Sky Sports News HD: "Obviously someone with a proven track record like that, who is a successful businessman, would obviously be a good thing.

165012893_1777042695001_ari-origin06-arc-149-1344445138833.jpg?pubId=165012893Ashley to buy stake in Rangers

"I don't know whether it's a goer, how much money is involved, what the investment is and things like that."

Praise

Meanwhile, McCoist has heaped praise on chief executive Green and believes the club is now at its most stable point in some months.

The club won their first home game of the season 4-0 against East Fife on Tuesday and McCoist has praised the commitment of Green and the board.

He said: "I think we're now at the stage where the club has far more stability than we've had in recent months.

"The new owners came in, they were the only party that came up and put their money where their mouths were.

"They stood tall and bought the club so in that respect they deserve great support from us and from the fans.

"I've watched Charles and I don't have any doubt he's watched me in recent weeks. He has absolutely nailed his colours to the mast in terms of his work ethic and the hours he has put it.

"He has done his best for Rangers and fought for the club and represented the club to the best of his ability."

McCoist also revealed his working relationship with Green continues to develop as they both stride to take the club back through the leagues in the coming years.

He said: "I am a firm believer that the most important relationship at a club is between manager and chief executive.

"We are in the very early days but it is growing day by day and we each have a good appreciation of the other's situation within the club.

"We are certainly both of the view that we want to take the club forward.

"It is time for everyone with the best interests of Rangers at heart to unite and get behind the club.

"This is a new chapter for Rangers and we are all looking forward to the challenges ahead. The atmosphere around the stadium has been electric in the past few days and there has been a buzz at the Ticket Centre.

"This is just the start of the journey and we will all enjoy it together."

I think you'll find there'll be zero money going anywhere near you Sally, from any proposed sale of equity. 100% of any quantum will be going straight into the pockets of the Green Knights (of St Columba), whilst the club will still owe £5.5M (+interest) on that loan used to bail them out.

Yes, actually, but obviously not ardent enough.

The fact you can freely admit this truly embiggens your character in my view.

Got to admit though, I thought it was one of Blackadder's made-up words when I green dotted KB. :D

Edited by Liam.

I'm not sure how to quantify your sad tragedy if that's the case for QP.

Partick? Aye, they're just a wee diddy team with a tiny midden they can't fill.

Rangers? Aye they're just a wee diddy team with a big midden they can't fill.

(Well according to 'ficial figures on tuesday night) whistling.gif

Edited by PeeTeeJag

I'm not sure how to quantify your sad tragedy if that's the case for QP.

Partick? Aye, they're just a wee diddy team with a tiny midden they can't fill.

Your mob is lucky to have a team.

When we were stuck in 98 you cuntos wouldn't even give us a jersey to sell. Life is a bitch :lol:

Are you dead yet?