Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

DDenmark great Brian Laudrup diagnosed with cancer

http://soccerphase.c...d-with-cancer-/

The 41-year-old former striker says he was "shocked by the diagnosis" and is facing "a tough fight," but he had received "optimistic" news from doctors because the cancer discovered last week was at a very early stage.

In a statement released on Tuesday by his employer, TV3, Laudrup said he would continue as football commentator for the channel's Champions League matches.

Laudrup played for several European clubs including Bayern Munich, Italian powerhouses Fiorentina and Milan, Glasgow Rangers and Ajax.

He quit the Danish side in 1987 1998 after 82 games and 21 goals.

minor error

eta I see no-one has bothered to put up Gazza's current status :lol:

Edited by cyderspaceman

"The problems at Rangers have brought no credit to Scottish football and are a tragedy for the Club and for all those connected with it and who support it. They cannot be condoned and it is appropriate that there should be a proportionate penalty for the Club for the events over the last year."

It wiznae me.........

"The problems at Rangers have brought no credit to Scottish football and are a tragedy for the Club and for all those connected with it and who support it. They cannot be condoned and it is appropriate that there should be a proportionate penalty for the Club for the events over the last year."

It wiznae me.........

Oh wait..................

you mean it really WAS all the fault of the bold Craigy Whyte?

dry.gif

It wiznae me.........

It really is breathtaking.

The only reason they ended up with a shyster like Whyte was because he, Murray, decided to sell to him. The only reason he felt he had to, was because of his own suicidal ego-driven running of the club over many years.

Does he really think we're too stupid to see that?

An arrogant shit of a man who's turned out to be much less clever than he'd always thought.

Minty can't blame Whytey for TCFKARs problems over the last year - Haudit and Daudit have been running the show for the last six months now. I assume Sir Minty of Moonbeams meant Whyte's tenure prior to the dynamic administration duo coming in, and being extremely professional with the highest standards of integrity, as befits the organisation that is Duff & Phelps.

Any word on the investigations into Duff & Phelps handling of the last six months yet?

Edited by pozbaird

Hi Sir Dave. Hi pal.

Can I just pick you up on a couple of things you said? Thanks.

1. "The problems at Rangers have brought no credit to Scottish football and are a tragedy for the Club and for all those connected with it and who support it. They cannot be condoned and it is appropriate that there should be a proportionate penalty for the Club for the events over the last year."

The last year?????

2." The SPL rules variously required disclosure of all contract of service matters and all payments from a club to a player.It would now appear that these are to be rewritten to incorporate non-contractual loans from independent third parties and other non-contractual matters."

I'm no English expert, but the word "variously" shouldn't actually be in that sentence, as it makes no sense in the context in which you are using it. You state that the rules required disclosure of ALL contract and ALL Payments from a club to a player, but you sneakily (in my humble opinion) are saying "Aye but it wis ok tae gae money tae the players if it disnae come straight outta Ibrox." Is that not a little like my employer paying me for my job but giving me a wee top up to my wages via cash in hand to keep it off the books?

3. "If this is the case then press comment over the past few years would appear to indicate that several clubs other than Rangers may well have fallen foul of the soon to be changed historic laws."

Maybe, but if you didn't do anything wrong then why worry that other clubs may have done the same? If you didn't do anything wrong, then THEY didn't do anything wrong. Savvy?

4. Rangers agreed contracts of employment with its players (and staff). The EBT scheme involved the contribution of funds into an offshore discretionary trust managed by independent trustees.

And where exactly did these contributions come from?

5. The trustees could and did make loans to individuals carrying interest with scheduled repayment dates.

This is my favourite Dave. When are these scheduled repayment dates? Because as far as I am aware, not a single penny has ever been repaid.

So just to clarify what Sir Dave is saying is that yes we used EBTs but they weren't illegal. And if they are illegal, which they aren't, then other clubs are up shit creek too for using them, but they wouldn't be coz they aren't illegal. Money for the EBTs magically appeared in these trusts from sources unknown, and the trustees have agreed that these loans will be repaid as the scheduled repayment dates were written down on the back of a packet of Benny Hedgehogs.

The media (aye right!!!) only have to ask Sir David of Murray two questions for this whole statement to blow up in his face............

When are the loans due to be repaid? And has even 1p went towards repayments?