Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

If you imagine voters are like Sevco fans (blindly follow any bullshit media spin) you'll realise why we get the shite political representatives that we do. I was a die-hard Tory voter and 'loathe or hate' Thatcher's policies the country was never in better shape than under her stewardship .. Sadly today you cannot say the same - Liebor and the Tories are almost identical.

The only real alternative is UKIP at the moment and I am not saying they are perfect .. but they are a damned sight better alternative than most. Yet at the elections you average voter sticks with his 'team' and the one that looks after their individual needs as opposed to the country as a whole ..

Yeah political pish thread for this ... I'll get ma coat !!

Don't bother with the coat, a rope will do just fine

My info suggests that they might just propose what you think will cause this outcry. I haven't heard exact details but I think two divisions of 10. 7 willing volunteers plus Rangers. The rest don't really matter, they'll get some loose change thrown at them.

You're maybe right. I said they wouldn't dare propose such a thing, but yes, I suppose the powers that be would have the brass neck to suggest just about anything.

The outcry would be very real though. Given what was knocked back, effectively by SPL and SFL fans this summer, there's surely no chance of success for something that would be an even greater affront to any notion of integrity.

If SFL1 fans were to accept such a thing next year, that would be an absolute outrage. I'm pessimistic by nature, but I really can't see how that could come to pass.

Off topic but may as well ask here as I got no response from admin.

I see the clock on this site is one hour out.

I was on the Jags site and it's the same.

Do they share the same server I wonder.

Anyone notice the same thing elsewhere?

(I know the UK is an hour behind France,

it's 2 hours on here)

Off topic but may as well ask here as I got no response from admin.

I see the clock on this site is one hour out.

I was on the Jags site and it's the same.

Do they share the same server I wonder.

Anyone notice the same thing elsewhere?

(I know the UK is an hour behind France,

it's 2 hours on here)

Click on the dropdown next to 'signed in as cyderspaceman' at the top of the page, choose 'my settings' and adjust to your location ;)

Everyone is out to get them still :lol:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19137624

Rangers fans groups have objected to the appointment of Harper MacLeod to investigate claims against the club's previous owners.

The Glasgow firm will probe, on behalf of the Scottish Premier League, alleged dual contracts for players from 2000.

But a joint statement from three fans groups has questioned the process that could lead to the stripping of titles.

"Harper MacLeod have acted for Celtic FC, who would be the main beneficiaries of any finding of guilt," they state.

"Indeed, until it was recently removed, they included a testimonial from Celtic CEO Peter Lawwell on their website.

"The SPL could have chosen any law firm to carry out this investigation and it was extremely naive of them to appoint a firm with such a close connection to a rival club."

The Rangers Supporters Assembly, the Rangers Supporters Trust and the Rangers Supporters Association suggest that, in discussing the stripping of titles, "it appears the SPL has assumed guilt when nothing has yet been proved".

They urge the football authorities to ensure that the investigatiion is carried out "with the necessary independence, transparency and integrity".

Rangers remain the subject of a tax investigation by Revenue and Customs into the use of employee benefit trusts to pay members of staff

While the courts have yet to rule on their legality, the SPL is investigating whether such earnings contravened its requirement that all earnings should be declared to the national parent body.

The SPL has stated that, once Harper MacLeod submits its evidence, an independent commission, likely to be made up of foreign nationals, will be appointed with the power to determine what sanctions, if any, are appropriate.

However, Rangers' fans groups state: "We are concerned that, despite the SPL having 18 sanctions available, the only punishment being discussed is the most serious, yet no guilt has even been established.

"This, again, leads to a danger of exerting undue influence on the tribunal members through the media.

"We believe this is being driven by influential members of the SPL board and recently formed 'steering committee' with the most to gain."

A BBC documentary, "Rangers, The Men Who Sold The Jerseys", found evidence suggesting that 38 Rangers players had received side-letters giving undertakings to fund their sub-trusts with cash.

The fans groups suggest that such media coverage, and similar newspaper articles, will make it difficult for any investigators to remain impartial.

Celtic have previously confirmed that they established one EBT scheme in April 2005, which BBC Scotland understands was for the benefit of Brazilian midfielder Juninho Paulista.

"We would question why there appears to be no on-going investigation into the so-called 'Juninho EBT' used by Celtic FC," add the Rangers fans groups.

"Our understanding is that Celtic acknowledged that this was not declared to the football authorities as part of their licence application."

The SPL did not wish to comment and Harper MacLeod have yet to comment on the

supporters' statement.

Click on the dropdown next to 'signed in as cyderspaceman' at the top of the page, choose 'my settings' and adjust to your location ;)

Thanks!

Changed it from London to Paris and it worked. Now shows UK time.

Don't understand why it was 2 hours out , when it thought I was in London though.:blink:

http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/19137624

Classic "whataboutery" at the end.:lol:

The legal fraternity will not take kindly to one of their own

being impugned.

If it gets shifted to another firm I'm sure

they will act with utmost impartiality.

As will Harper McLeod.;)

Sevco's second match in their history is on Tuesday at home in the League Cup? Anyone want to lay odds that they play in their special Ramsdens Cup jerseys again, to postpone the inevitable sleeve/Irn Bru patch interface situation?

Edited by pozbaird

Kilmarnock manager Kenny Shiels says there must be a second tier of the Scottish Premier League established next season, with Rangers playing in it as the Ibrox club should be competing against "professional people" and not "part-timers such as Albion Rovers and Stranraer".

Yet more arse licking! Getting a bit sick of hearing how Rangers should be catapulted into a SPL2. Why should a team that cheated for years and ended up in administration and got what it deserves by starting again in Div3 be allowed to go into a SPL2 ahead of all the other teams in the lower divisions? :angry:

Sevco's second match in their history is on Tuesday at home in the League Cup? Anyone want to lay odds that they play in their special Ramsdens Cup jerseys again, to postpone the inevitable sleeve/Irn Bru patch interface situation?

But it's orange and blue huh.gif

They'll have lazy lob-ons at the very thought of it !!

Remember all the brass neck they put into constructing their Netherlands gala day in order to do that in the past ?

I see it's justthe forum dregs who are still posting on this.

You posted this after me, but didn't quote me, so I don't know if you were directing this at me. Answer the question. Do Sevco have special edition Ramsdens Cup jerseys that are an Irn Bru free zone? Brechin City had their sponsor patches clearly showing to a live TV audience. I'm being serious. Scottish football was in danger of losing sponsor money due to the actions of Sevco's previous incarnation. It is extremely disrespectful to a major SFL sponsor to deliberately abstain from displaying their logo. Sevco need to get a grip.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/19137624

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19122299

Billy Dodds clears any doubt about how the EBT scheme worked

When i left the club I was owed £190K for the remainder of my contract, which was paid through the EBT scheme.The club may have paid Dodds what he was due but if they deducted tax from that at what rate ?

This is not damning in terms of the SPL investigation but should put another nail in the coffin as far as HMRC as they used the scheme to pay wages which are a no no.

You posted this after me, but didn't quote me, so I don't know if you were directing this at me. Answer the question. Do Sevco have special edition Ramsdens Cup jerseys that are an Irn Bru free zone? Brechin City had their sponsor patches clearly showing to a live TV audience. I'm being serious. Scottish football was in danger of losing sponsor money due to the actions of Sevco's previous incarnation. It is extremely disrespectful to a major SFL sponsor to deliberately abstain from displaying their logo. Sevco need to get a grip.

No, not aimed at you.

To tell the truth i never noticed, maybe because we were on a temporary license from the SFA for that game only. I assume we'll have the irn bru nadges on once the league kicks off. I'll keep on an eye on it anyway.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/19122299

Billy Dodds clears any doubt about how the EBT scheme worked

When i left the club I was owed £190K for the remainder of my contract, which was paid through the EBT scheme.The club may have paid Dodds what he was due but if they deducted tax from that at what rate ?

This is not damning in terms of the SPL investigation but should put another nail in the coffin as far as HMRC as they used the scheme to pay wages which are a no no.

We're a newco, they've already stated they are now going after individuals, not the club. So if they go after Murray then everyones a winner.