Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Leggo's blog today is hilarous - Aberdeen, Dundee United and and Hibs fans - did you know your all bigots, the rest of us are just idiots.

I also liked how he said Jardine and McCoist's statements were measured, the only thing measured about anything either of these clowns since the whole scenario started is the drinks that they are obviously both consuming a hell of a lot off.

Leggo's blog today is hilarous - Aberdeen, Dundee United and and Hibs fans - did you know your all bigots, the rest of us are just idiots.

I also liked how he said Jardine and McCoist's statements were measured, the only thing measured about anything either of these clowns since the whole scenario started is the drinks that they are obviously both consuming a hell of a lot off.

Some gems today:

"Stewart Regan missed his target just as badly as Charles Green missed his. Possible because this pair of Englishman often appear not to have even the sketchiest knowledge of The Queen’s English and of how to use it to accurately express an idea." An accusation no one could make of Leggo of course.

"Just as Stewart Regan was not sufficiently articulate to differentiate between the perfectly acceptable views expressed by Ibrox icon Sandy Jardine and Rangers manager Alistair McCoist, as opposed to the fanatical flame fanning outburst which spewed from Charles Green as he desperately tried to sell season tickets." Perfectly acceptable? Aye, very good.

Disappointing he focussed on Regan today though. Apparently his old pal Odious Creep has managed to secure a weekly column for the Herald's website - that little nugget should have kept him going for days.

I know the competition's fierce, but this could indeed be his greatest line to date:

"the measured and moderate statements from two great Rangers men, Sandy Jardine and manager Alistair McCoist".

Quite magnificent! Jardine couldn't measure a ruler.

I`ve been watching this unravel since the start of February and I`ve passed a few comments on the manic utterings and diatribe thats been spouted across the forums. The usual responses lack any sort of coherent answer so I`m not holding out any hope this time either but I can`t help but get the feeling that all the armchair stockbrokers,IFA`s, accountants,bankers and lawyers are refusing to see the financial reality of what`s sitting in front of them. Stop spouting shite for 2 minutes and have a look at the actual net spend of each of the SPL clubs during this transfer window and compare against the last 5 years. I also posted previously that clubs would start to look for savings at youth level first which is always first under review and sure as fate at least 2 SPL clubs have started looking at cutting back on the amounts they spend on youth development etc with more to follow..... Can any of the clubs say with certainty or to paraphrase "confidently predict we`re gonna be fine!"

Not without kids you`re not. Oh and save me the Orc sympathiser,Sevco apologist, Jim Traynor,etc,etc pish. I was fortunate enough to have made a living from the game, thats where my interest lies and its the same for most players even today. Their first loyalty is to earning a wage to support their families and they are not remotely interested in the bollocks that gets thrown around on internet forums or radio phone ins....

So anyone care to answer my original question as to what their clubs actual net spend is within this transfer window compared to the last 5 years???

I was a ballboy tae. Might have came across you as our career paths crossed what years were you a ballboy?

Or are you Gordon Ramsay

I have to mention the classic non-story from today's Daily Ranger (in "transfer talk" of all things) ---Bedoya to remain a Ger.

WTF, how in the name of the wee man is that a transfer, surely it's exactly the opposite, it's a non-transfer.

What a shower of shite, just to get another The Rangers story in the paper rag.

I have often thought that even if every club in Scotland except the o.f. Just paid 300 / 500 a week for the best local players folk would still turn out to see them.

It's really only when clubs tried to catch up with rangers illegal spending that the whole system clogged up, I'd be happy for Killie to adopt this approach even if it meant relegation and a bit of yoyoing through the leagues till all clubs found their level. I'd still go n watch, there would still be a Killie playing at rugby park.

Would you go and see your club if they adopted a policy of promoting players from the youth set up and an occasional new player who moves into town for wages only ?

Yes

Getting thoroughly fucked off with every spiteful TRFC fan calling all and sundry bigots now. Lexical empowerment is often a good thing but if I see two fat blue-tops greeting each other with calls of "Yo, my bigot" and giving each other a complex hand-shake there'll be a murder. There was a lassie on Facebook last night who was accused of being a bigot just because she didn't follow football...

I posted the following last night, late on.

Miners got their money yet?

If only you had worked late into the night for them but then again you wouldn't have had so much spare time on your hands. :rolleyes:

Because "Glesgaboy" We are discussing a sport. A game in which all teams should be on a level playing field. Sport first, Business second should be the whole ethos of every single team in all football leagues. Unfortunately the people who we've trusted to administer the game have destroyed the integrity, the honesty and the idea of sport within our game. We the fans paid YOUR wages and you expect us to just write off the last 20 odd years of Scottish footballs dishonesty and cheating by Rangers because in effect it was a business like every other business. Every time we buy a season ticket or subscribe to sky sports we are buying our share of Scottish football, so that in itself is our right to speak up and air our grievances when we see cheating and criminality when it happens in OUR game. Im not accusing you of being a rangers apologist etc, but I do accuse you of being very niaeve if you think that football is a business like other businesses and I question your sporting integrity if you feel it was just a job. Tell that to the Olympians in London right now and they'd shake their heads in disbelief. The rules have been broken by one of the largest teams in our leagues and continue to be by the looks of it with the help of the very bodies who should be stopping this happening. We are also sick to the back teeth of hearing on our tv and radio about how Rangers are too big to die, they've been punished enough etc etc. Justice hasnt been done because if it had Rangers in ANY form would simply no longer exist. All that has happened is Charlie Green has been given an open door to sign every mercenary money grabber and satisfy the glory hunting fans with wins for the next 3 seasons. What is happening at Sevco right now is as bad as Murray and his outspending everyone else to buy success - and look what happened there. Something has got to give.

Just because he posted without the use of paragraphs, didn't mean you needed to respond in a similar manner.

Post got a lot of greenies - obviously from people with younger eyes than mine :D

I have to mention the classic non-story from today's Daily Ranger (in "transfer talk" of all things) ---Bedoya to remain a Ger.

WTF, how in the name of the wee man is that a transfer, surely it's exactly the opposite, it's a non-transfer.

What a shower of shite, just to get another The Rangers story in the paper rag.

You forgot to say you read it at work/glanced at it in the shop, but didn't buy it.

You didn't actually buy it, right?

You forgot to say you read it at work/glanced at it in the shop, but didn't buy it.

You didn't actually buy it, right?

He might have been getting his haircut.

Of all the boycott talk we had this close season I think the best that all us non OF fans could do is to boycott the MSM. I still for the life of me can't understand wht people still buy newspapers. Especially the biased thought-manipulating rags we have up here.

I posted the following last night, late on.

To mis-quote Humphrey Bogart in Casablanca - "Of all the Nominated Advisers in all the towns in all the world, you had to walk into mine!"

The article title is - "How Unfortunate – Merchant House Group now advised by Firm Formed by Rangers FC Director".

For those who do not know, Merchant House Group's largest shareholder is Liberty Capital, a company based in the British Virgin Islands and owned 100% by .... (drum roll) .... Craig Whyte!

http://scotslawthoug...rs-fc-director/

I do see that this story has been mentioned above, at comment 80855, but I like to think my piece is more comprehensive!

My, my. What a "co-incidence". This particular rollercoaster is still hurtling round the circus, and as usual, the Scottish press are ignoring it.

It's becoming more and more clear that something is not right in the state of Newco, yet there seems to be no real appetite from ordinary Newco fans to demand clarity on it all. If anything, there seems to be 100% support for the current regime. Bomber Broon may be a couple of coconuts short of a palm tree, but he does have something of a point about the intentions of Green and co.

I couldn't see the fans of any other club just putting up and shutting up with this type of situation, and I've got to admit, I'm really surprised that Newco fans aren't kicking off about these "alleged" links back to Whyte.

It looks like this carnival isn't over yet.

Guest Pampered Adolescent

<br> Players in the main have a healthy level of contempt for the mainstream supporter and wether you like it or not thats the way it is. <br>

As someone who works with numbers every day, it hasn't escaped me that (a) you appear to strive for the greatest ratio of negative rep per posts, and (b) I am the one that has planted your hundredth Ever Ready..... Resisting the urge to post the 'Don't know if trolling.....or just stupid' jpeg, I carry on.

I admit I did chuckle at a few of the professions people offered, however, I really do think, Jim, you are an ex-footballer. Think back to the days in the 1970s, when the only live TV games of football were the Cup Final and Home Internationals (maybe when you played, Jim, maybe not), and you will find the major source of revenue for a professional footballer was from the fans. Yes, there would be, dare I say, revenue from Pies and Bovril, and, maybe some merchandise, as well, however in the big picture, even at the 'big hoose', this would be trivial.

So, most players have a healthy contempt for the very people who directly pay their wages? Nice one Cryril Jim, nice one, son.

I think, in terms of this thread, I'm maybe going to do a Peter Jones/Deborah Meaden/Duncan Bannatyne and state : "I'm out".

Regards

PA

...I still for the life of me can't understand wht people still buy newspapers. Especially the biased thought-manipulating rags we have up here.

If you think the shite they've been putting in the papers is bad just now, wait until the independence 'debate' kicks off in earnest sad.gif