Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Can you provide evidence of Forfar voting YES, because I was assured by the secretary of the club in a e-mail that they voted NO, so if they did vote YES, I'll be looking for a refund on my season ticket and turning to rugby instead?

No, but five did vote Yes and I thought we'd narrowed it down to those clubs. I have missed many pages on here recently so I could have missed the outing of the five. Were Montrose the final one? I hope you are right as I've always liked Forfar.

These players are not going to get the stupid amounts being reported at any other club, so they are taking their chances with Sevco, thinking they might get a couple of years out of it.

Nothing could possibly go wrong.....

...apart from long term injuries that the cheating b*****ds will sustain when they accidentally fall very hard on rock hard pitches in the middle of winter or trip over their own feet on the Astro Turf pitches. Will the cheating b*****ds still be payed when out injured for long periods of time? wink.gif

Edited by Itwiznaeme

...apart from long term injuries that the cheating b*****ds will sustain when they accidentally fall very hard on rock hard pitches in the middle of winter or trip over their own feet on the Astro Turf pitches. Will the cheating b*****ds still be payed when out injured for long periods of time? wink.gif

I'm sure that CG will have covered every eventuality....unlikely they'll still be playing in winter as ICBINR will have gone kaput by then.

I'm assuming the big money signings are not to win the 3rd or 2nd, rather they're to make sure they stay in the proper cups long enough to be drawn against Celtic.

I'm more convinced by Waffen's thought:

I think I know what they are up to - hoping that by creating such a wildly imbalanced side running up cricket scores every week, the SFA and SFL will be "forced" to reform the leagues and punt them back into the top division.

I'm assuming the big money signings are not to win the 3rd or 2nd, rather they're to make sure they stay in the proper cups long enough to be drawn against Celtic.

If so, a new manager should have been their top priority before new players!

No, but five did vote Yes and I thought we'd narrowed it down to those clubs. I have missed many pages on here recently so I could have missed the outing of the five. Were Montrose the final one? I hope you are right as I've always liked Forfar.

Hamilton = public "Yes"

QotS = public "Yes"

Falkirk = "Yes", won't directly say

Forfar/Montrose = no clear statements

Everyone else said before/after vote that they'd vote/voted "No", but conceivably someone might've fibbed.

I think their 'big name' signings are to encourage take up of STs, to plan ahead of the impending transfer embargo, and to stoke up the Sevco support into backing Green.

In this instance, I don't buy into some conspiracy theory about them knowing hasty reconstruction is happening just for their benefit.

I think they will do a Portsmouth and implode twice mind you.

Hamilton = public "Yes"

QotS = public "Yes"

Everyone else said before/after vote that they'd vote/voted "No", but conceivably someone might've fibbed.

I have a niggly feeling that Airdrie United may be involved somehow....

Hamilton = public "Yes"

QotS = public "Yes"

Albion Rovers said they were voting "Yes" because they wanted to keep the derby with Airdrie for money, then when the shitstorm blew up after the vote, they claimed along with Brechin City they'd voted "no" because it was what the fans wanted.

I think their 'big name' signings are to encourage take up of STs, to plan ahead of the impending transfer embargo, and to stoke up the Sevco support into backing Green.

In this instance, I don't buy into some conspiracy theory about them knowing hasty reconstruction is happening just for their benefit.

Yes, it is definitely a sales pitch, a big gamble on the part of Green's consortium who need supporters regularly turning up at Ibrox to watch the cheating b*****ds.

I think they will do a Portsmouth and implode twice mind you.

I do too, the cheating b*****ds (club and supporters) have mostly negative experiences ahead of them for a very long time to come.

Hamilton = public "Yes"

QotS = public "Yes"

Then Falkirk are even worse than us if they haven't had the guts to own up. Very suspicious from the Angus duo too.

I have a niggly feeling that Airdrie United may be involved somehow....

They say they voted no, but Ballantyne was heavily involved in drafting the proposal put to The SFL Chairmen by The Board. They were originally going to abstain, if they did vote no it was only once it was obvious the proposal wasn't being accepted and they followed the crowd. I have to say I'm not convinced one way or the other.

1343764617[/url]' post='6484852']

Then Falkirk are even worse than us if they haven't had the guts to own up. Very suspicious from the Angus duo too.

This is what I got as a response. Can't believe David would lie.

Forfar Athletic were one of the 25 clubs who voted against the package offered to accommodate Rangers in SFL1.

Not without a lot of thought and soul searching I can assure you and we are worried about the financial implications moving forward.

Season tickets are available by postal application.

Thanks.

David McGregor

Secretary

There is also a 2 year notice period to quit the SFL.

If Green is signing these guys on the promise that they'll be back in the SPL next year then he's a brave man.

and what if we are "promoted" more than 1 division, as im sure dundee didnt resign from the SFL 2 years ago in the hope they made it to the SPL

and what if we are "promoted" more than 1 division, as im sure dundee didnt resign from the SFL 2 years ago in the hope they made it to the SPL

Point 3 of the matters SFL clubs voted on Friday 13th July was allowing Dundee/Dunfermline permission to resign without 2yrs notice.

Yes - said "No".

http://www.dumbartonfootballclub.com/news/?mode=view&id=4040

Edited by HibeeJibee

I was discussing Sevco with a colleague today and we were discussing, how would it be possible for Rangers to be MORE dead?

Even if no SFA membership had been granted, we'd have heard all sorts of shite about the club being dormant.

So I put it to PnB, how could Rangers be MORE dead?

Did we ever find out who that was? I reckoned Clyde. Didn't Forfar vote Yes along with Accies, QoS, Falkirk and one other?

Wait a minute - I have heard this before, but I was sure, positive we did the right thing and said no to the cheating gits being in the first division! Have I totally missed what happened? Did Forfar vote yes to letting them in the first division??!!