Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Robbie Savage laugh.gif That daft c**t is the last guy that the fans should want near their club! I can imagine opposition players lining up to take a lunge at him though. Good thing is it would get him off 5 Live. His commentary is fucking rotten. He stated that Glen Johnson is the best full-back in world football blink.gif

Robbie Savage laugh.gif That daft c**t is the last guy that the fans should want near their club! I can imagine opposition players lining up to take a lunge at him though. Good thing is it would get him off 5 Live. His commentary is fucking rotten. He stated that Glen Johnson is the best full-back in world football blink.gif

Now then, according to a 'reliable' Sevco fan at work Savage will play for free .... providing it doesn't clash with any of his 'Saturday commitments' !!

I just walked away guffawing !

Laudrup will be playing for free as well btw ;)

Now then, according to a 'reliable' Sevco fan at work Savage will play for free .... providing it doesn't clash with any of his 'Saturday commitments' !!

Only when Swansea arent playing ;)

I'd be interested to see how Sevco can afford to spend tens of thousands of pounds a week on players with no season ticket money, no European money, no TV money and no apparent financial backer. Surely they won't do a Portsmouth and re-enter administration.

I call on one of our long line of journalistic champions such as Jim Traynor, Chick Young or Hugh Keevins to put down their succulent lamb and use their majestic investigative skills to find out.

well he might play for free, but im sure his expenses would be rather on the large side, in keeping with his ego

On the subject of the wages being paid and the players they're looking to employ, in a way it's not surprising. Their logic will be that they have to be placed to win successive promotions before they get another window. It's entirely consistent with everything we know about this club that they'll want to leave nothing to chance. The last thing their fans will want is a fair fight.

They should utterly walk the divisions, despite what we saw on Sunday.

However, without selling an awful lot of tickets, another insolvency event must be a possibility.

It's typical of a Rangers mentality that they'd rather again risk their very existence than risk losing some of their football matches.

stock-photo-2634771-hitting-a-nail-on-the-head.jpg

In their entire history Rangers and their gloryhunting fans haven't believed in a level playing field, it's driven them to liquidation and they still haven't learnt the lesson.

I'm hoping we're all doing this again at the end of next season, only this time they'll be dead for good.

What sort of wages were Gretna spending? I can't recall any figures, from memory, but I do remember Deuchar, Skelton etc. breezing through the divisions. Why not follow a similar model instead of throwing overkill amounts of cash at players?

I think Jenkins and McGuffie were on about £800-£1,000 a week when they were with us , don't know if thats real but that was the rumours and I take it that was less than what they were on at Gretna.

I think Jenkins and McGuffie were on about £800-£1,000 a week when they were with us , don't know if thats real but that was the rumours and I take it that was less than what they were on at Gretna.

Jenkins joined them in the January of their 2nd division season and I heard from someone that knew his dad in Stranraer that he was on £55,000 a year and a car. Lots of people involved at Gretna got perks like cars or in the case of the manager, even houses. I remember when Tosh went there, he said Aberdeen were offering him slightly more money, but the longer contract on offer at Gretna tempted him away.

I'd guess that on the way up they'd have had a few guys on between £1,000 and £2,0000 a week - collossal, ludicrous and of course ultimately suicidal wages for those divisions, and yet apparently dwarfed by what Rangers are offering.

Rangers might be better able to afford big wages than Gretna ever were, but there's no doubt that, on this scale, they're totally unnecessary.

I'm just looking forward to a re-run of the 'fairytale' coverage and the lauding of managerial genius, so long as we get the same punchline.

Latest Gio letter :blink:

post-23278-0-14610000-1343754053_thumb.j

post-23278-0-50724700-1343754076_thumb.j

Who puts their own photo on a legal letter laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif Someone should get all these folk to go on tour aka dancing on thin ice stylee.

Broon, Gio, Charlie one suit, the carrie, audit & daudit ,Craigy off the radar Whyte, Andy Camoron, The Big house must stay open guy , Sammy the Mechanic, Traitor, Hateley, Chico, Robbie Savage numerous orcs.

It would be like one of those 70 Tv night seaside league specials. Jim Whyte could do the intro's

More bigotry against ........

http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/18509619

Rangers new owner Charles Green faces company name problems

By Martin ConaghanBBC ScotlandBBC Scotland has learned that Charles Green's Sevco 5088 company is not currently permitted to inherit the name 'The Rangers Football Club'.

Any attempt to adopt the name 'The Rangers Football Club' would require the approval of the liquidators, BDO.

Companies House has said that a name change application has not been made by Sevco 5088, and may not be possible.

The consortium claims the full company name has already been transferred over by the administrators Duff & Phelps.

'The Rangers Football Club P.L.C.', which has the registered company number SC004276, has not yet been dissolved, but will inevitably be liquidated due to unpaid debts.

BBC Scotland can confirm that the company's liquidators, BDO, have not yet taken control of the company's affairs, and may not do so for some time.

Continue reading the main story

“Sevco 5088 would not be able to apply to change its name to The Rangers Football Club Ltd. until either the original company is fully dissolved, a process which can take about a year to complete, or the receivers give the go-ahead for the name change to take place”

Companies House spokespersonGreen's consortium confirmed to BBC Scotland that a purchase of the assets and intellectual property of The Rangers Football Club P.L.C. has been concluded with the administrators Duff & Phelps, which includes the company name.

A Rangers spokesman told BBC Scotland: "The administrators have already given their approval for the name change and the process will be completed shortly.

"The company name was part of the assets of the company which was sold to Charles Green's consortium."

The spokesman also said any regulatory problems related to changing Sevco 5088's name to The Rangers Football Club Ltd are not currently an issue because liquidation of the old company has not yet commenced.

However, a Companies House spokesperson told BBC Scotland: "Sevco 5088 would not be able to apply to change its name to 'The Rangers Football Club Ltd' until either the original company is fully dissolved, a process which can take about a year to complete, or the receivers give the go-ahead for the name change to take place.

"From a regulations standpoint, once the receivers or the liquidators/administrators for the current PLC agree to a name change, Sevco 5088 could then apply to change its name to 'The Rangers Football Club Ltd'.

"If they apply without following this procedure, systems are in place to flag up names which are too similar."

Article 10.7 of the Scottish FA's Articles of Association states that the name of a club cannot be changed without SFA board approval, while Article 74.2 states that a club's name cannot be changed to anything linked with sponsorship.

The Scottish Premier League has no specific regulations regarding the naming of clubs or their parent companies.

Continue reading the main story

“The administrators have already given their approval for the name change and the process will be completed shortly. The company name was part of the assets of the company which was sold to Charles Green's consortium”

Rangers newco spokesmanGreen's newco continues to trade under the name Sevco 5088, which has the company number 08011390, meaning it was registered in England. The sole director listed on the Companies House website is Charles Alexander Green, and while the company may trade under any name it chooses, its legal name cannot be the same or similar to another company in the register.

The 'Sevco' prefix is a generic company name, often used by organisations which register companies on someone else's behalf. Sevco names can be registered in bulk through Companies House and renamed at a later date as long as strict naming criteria are met.

Companies House is a government agency run by the department of business and enterprise and deals with the registration and incorporation of UK businesses. All documentation relating to limited companies, including information such as company names, directors, accounts and share allocations, must be processed through the agency.

The proposed name for the new Rangers company is 'The Rangers Football Club Ltd'. All UK companies limited by liability via shares or guarantee must end with 'Limited' or 'Ltd.' - only public companies traded on the stock exchange can end in PLC or P.L.C.

Shares in Rangers Football Club were suspended from the Plus Stock Exchange on 9 January.

Other companies currently registered at Companies House with similar names include: Rangers Limited, Rangers.co.uk Limited, The Rangers FC Group Limited, Rangers Football Club of Glasgow Ltd, Rangers GB Limited and Rangers (2012) Ltd.

Simple solution that will keep everyone happy. The liquidators offer to sanction that SEVCO use The Rangers Football Club Ltd in return for, say.....£134,000,000

Traynor blaming the SFA for exaggerating the projected financial problems, then went on to state that he thinks several clubs will face severe problems this season. Why is this man still polluting the airwaves with his nonsensical shite?

More bigotry against ........

http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/18509619

Rangers new owner Charles Green faces company name problems

By Martin ConaghanBBC ScotlandBBC Scotland has learned that Charles Green's Sevco 5088 company is not currently permitted to inherit the name 'The Rangers Football Club'.

Any attempt to adopt the name 'The Rangers Football Club' would require the approval of the liquidators, BDO.

6 weeks old page/story.

Did we ever find out who that was? I reckoned Clyde. Didn't Forfar vote Yes along with Accies, QoS, Falkirk and one other?

Can you provide evidence of Forfar voting YES, because I was assured by the secretary of the club in a e-mail that they voted NO, so if they did vote YES, I'll be looking for a refund on my season ticket and turning to rugby instead?