Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

What sort of wages were Gretna spending? I can't recall any figures, from memory, but I do remember Deuchar, Skelton etc. breezing through the divisions. Why not follow a similar model instead of throwing overkill amounts of cash at players?

If they keep on signing people on big money, whilst not selling season tickets, why anyone would think CG was instigating another 'insolvency event'....

Another epic OF signing - I'll bet Ian Wright's available, someone should let Chuckles Green know.

These people let The Rangers know that they're available, The Rangers don't approach anyone, haven't you heard, they are "THE PEOPLE".

Almost feel sorry for the The Rangers fans now. Reconciled to life in the 3rd, and thinking of the benefits, like 3pm kick offs.. laugh.gif

The S.F.L.@OFFICIAL_SFLIRN-BRU SFL3: Peterhead v Rangers (Sat 11th Aug) will now kick-off at 12.45pm (Live on Sky Sports)

It'll be a novelty event for a few weesk, thereafter only the Ex Berr Bunch will be watching it, it'll either be men against boys or just mince.

On the subject of the wages being paid and the players they're looking to employ, in a way it's not surprising. Their logic will be that they have to be placed to win successive promotions before they get another window. It's entirely consistent with everything we know about this club that they'll want to leave nothing to chance. The last thing their fans will want is a fair fight.

They should utterly walk the divisions, despite what we saw on Sunday.

However, without selling an awful lot of tickets, another insolvency event must be a possibility.

It's typical of a Rangers mentality that they'd rather again risk their very existence than risk losing some of their football matches.

Winning every game is the only way they are going to be able to keep the fans interested.

The thought of the triumphalism from the Newco fans, as their team of mercenaries walk the 3rd division turns my stomach.

How soon till they go bust, again?

Winning every game is the only way they are going to be able to keep the fans interested.

The thought of the triumphalism from the Newco fans, as their team of mercenaries walk the 3rd division turns my stomach.

How soon till they go bust, again?

Can't be long. Need to see how many ST's get shifted early on. If <20k, then I'd say by Xmas. Last I heard it was in the region of 1200 laugh.gif

More bigotry against ........

http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/18509619

Rangers new owner Charles Green faces company name problems

By Martin ConaghanBBC ScotlandBBC Scotland has learned that Charles Green's Sevco 5088 company is not currently permitted to inherit the name 'The Rangers Football Club'.

Any attempt to adopt the name 'The Rangers Football Club' would require the approval of the liquidators, BDO.

Companies House has said that a name change application has not been made by Sevco 5088, and may not be possible.

The consortium claims the full company name has already been transferred over by the administrators Duff & Phelps.

'The Rangers Football Club P.L.C.', which has the registered company number SC004276, has not yet been dissolved, but will inevitably be liquidated due to unpaid debts.

BBC Scotland can confirm that the company's liquidators, BDO, have not yet taken control of the company's affairs, and may not do so for some time.

Continue reading the main story

“Sevco 5088 would not be able to apply to change its name to The Rangers Football Club Ltd. until either the original company is fully dissolved, a process which can take about a year to complete, or the receivers give the go-ahead for the name change to take place”

Companies House spokespersonGreen's consortium confirmed to BBC Scotland that a purchase of the assets and intellectual property of The Rangers Football Club P.L.C. has been concluded with the administrators Duff & Phelps, which includes the company name.

A Rangers spokesman told BBC Scotland: "The administrators have already given their approval for the name change and the process will be completed shortly.

"The company name was part of the assets of the company which was sold to Charles Green's consortium."

The spokesman also said any regulatory problems related to changing Sevco 5088's name to The Rangers Football Club Ltd are not currently an issue because liquidation of the old company has not yet commenced.

However, a Companies House spokesperson told BBC Scotland: "Sevco 5088 would not be able to apply to change its name to 'The Rangers Football Club Ltd' until either the original company is fully dissolved, a process which can take about a year to complete, or the receivers give the go-ahead for the name change to take place.

"From a regulations standpoint, once the receivers or the liquidators/administrators for the current PLC agree to a name change, Sevco 5088 could then apply to change its name to 'The Rangers Football Club Ltd'.

"If they apply without following this procedure, systems are in place to flag up names which are too similar."

Article 10.7 of the Scottish FA's Articles of Association states that the name of a club cannot be changed without SFA board approval, while Article 74.2 states that a club's name cannot be changed to anything linked with sponsorship.

The Scottish Premier League has no specific regulations regarding the naming of clubs or their parent companies.

Continue reading the main story

“The administrators have already given their approval for the name change and the process will be completed shortly. The company name was part of the assets of the company which was sold to Charles Green's consortium”

Rangers newco spokesmanGreen's newco continues to trade under the name Sevco 5088, which has the company number 08011390, meaning it was registered in England. The sole director listed on the Companies House website is Charles Alexander Green, and while the company may trade under any name it chooses, its legal name cannot be the same or similar to another company in the register.

The 'Sevco' prefix is a generic company name, often used by organisations which register companies on someone else's behalf. Sevco names can be registered in bulk through Companies House and renamed at a later date as long as strict naming criteria are met.

Companies House is a government agency run by the department of business and enterprise and deals with the registration and incorporation of UK businesses. All documentation relating to limited companies, including information such as company names, directors, accounts and share allocations, must be processed through the agency.

The proposed name for the new Rangers company is 'The Rangers Football Club Ltd'. All UK companies limited by liability via shares or guarantee must end with 'Limited' or 'Ltd.' - only public companies traded on the stock exchange can end in PLC or P.L.C.

Shares in Rangers Football Club were suspended from the Plus Stock Exchange on 9 January.

Other companies currently registered at Companies House with similar names include: Rangers Limited, Rangers.co.uk Limited, The Rangers FC Group Limited, Rangers Football Club of Glasgow Ltd, Rangers GB Limited and Rangers (2012) Ltd.

Edited by THE KING

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet, or if it's even relevant anymore

Sky Sports Mobile@SkySportsMobile Sky Sports reaches agreement with Scottish Premier League & Scottish Football League guaranteeing coverage for another FIVE seasons

seems it only covers 5 live rangers matches a season , starting with the peterhead game, orcs aint happy...you know its tough being a D3 team , what with 12.45 ko in peterhead, and only limited tv coverage ...they have to realise that the big teams take preferance re ko times

Somebody from Dundee might be able to help with this when Dundee utd and Dundee had home games on the same day in different leagues how did they decide which game was moved from Saturday at 3pm? I would assume the premier league game would take president.

Season ticket sales were suspended within 1 day of them going on sale, renewals have just been sent out today and open season ticket sales start on the 14th, I think we will be selling plenty of season tickets

What Rangers are paying players would be pure speculation I think

"Plenty" in relation to other 3rd division teams but not "plenty" enough to pay for your running costs, admin by Xmas.:lol:

Somebody from Dundee might be able to help with this when Dundee utd and Dundee had home games on the same day in different leagues how did they decide which game was moved from Saturday at 3pm? I would assume the premier league game would take president.

Alternated.

If Tesco wer paying shelf stackers £5 per hour more than asda then most people from asda would jump ship given half the chance.The vast majority of people are driven by there wage packets in consideration to where they work, i don't see how anybody would think any of these players would be any different.

But the people working for Tesco would be doing their shopping at Asda as it would be so much cheaper. Not really relevant but I thought I'd point it out anyway. :lol:

Edited by WeeHectorPar

Season ticket sales were suspended within 1 day of them going on sale, renewals have just been sent out today and open season ticket sales start on the 14th, I think we will be selling plenty of season tickets

What Rangers are paying players would be pure speculation I think

No, you hope that you will. You struggled to beat Brechin on Sunday, performances like that won't get 40,000 through the turnstiles. Which is what you'll need to keep going.

From @STV Keith on Twitter:

Robbie Savage has tweeted that he'll be speaking to Ally McCoist tomorrow about a possible emergency move to Rangers.

laugh.gif

Emergency?

Sevco are freely signing ex-SPL players at exorbitant wages on an almost daily basis in advance of their conveniently-delayed transfer ban 'punishment.'

They will have more than enough players to cover for any injuries or suspensions.

The only emergency here is that Robbie Savage might not get his name in the papers for a day or two.

If he's so desperately keen to play for free in the 3rd division, why doesn't he ask Queen's Park if they could offer him a trial?

Spiders came closer to winning the FA cup than he ever did!

On the subject of the wages being paid and the players they're looking to employ, in a way it's not surprising. Their logic will be that they have to be placed to win successive promotions before they get another window. It's entirely consistent with everything we know about this club that they'll want to leave nothing to chance. The last thing their fans will want is a fair fight.

They should utterly walk the divisions, despite what we saw on Sunday.

However, without selling an awful lot of tickets, another insolvency event must be a possibility.

It's typical of a Rangers mentality that they'd rather again risk their very existence than risk losing some of their football matches.

The fans demand stars and the fans demands must be met.otherwise the Big Hoose will remain empty. Open but empty. :)

Time about. Sometimes helped if United game was switched to Sunday or Monday for live TV.

seems it only covers 5 live rangers matches a season , starting with the peterhead game, orcs aint happy...you know its tough being a D3 team , what with 12.45 ko in peterhead, and only limited tv coverage ...they have to realise that the big teams take preferance re ko times

So I reckon that rules out an overnight stay in Gleneagles. ;)