Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

I think Sally may have to break his Pie Fund piggy bank now if he had an EBT.

As my parents used to say as a joke that if I ever wrote a postcard like this to my mum, my dad would reply..........

"Dear mummy, no money, your sonny."

the reply would be........

"So sad, to bad, your dad."

biggrin.gif

To be fair to the guy, its not really. Its just one was people trying to avoid paying as much tax as they can, the other is a company doing the same, if both are ruled illegal then they are the same.

Players/People will be penalised (as we see here by having their case thrown out), companies doing it penalised by being made to pay tax, if it was a non footballing company then there wouldnt be any hoo hah about cheating, its just a vehicle for reducing tax either way.

TBF - Lennon and the club had already paid the tax and NI. Rangers had not. Not the same at all.

Any player willing to sign for them is clearly motivated by greed

Also, if it helps you on the way to another breakdown then all the better. :D

The whole world is motivated by greed so not an exclusive trait by football players. You cannot blame the players for taking the opportunity to earn more and with the transfer embargo that deal will give them extended security for them and their families.

This bit made me :lol: . The lower leagues are renowned for the focus on total football rather than blood and snotters challenges

I have read this kind of stuff a number of times recently but in reality it's not true. Increasingly the most obvious difference in cup ties between diddy clubs like us and diddy clubs from the SPL is the physical conditioning of the full-time players. In terms of stamina the part-timers do a pretty good job in terms of fitness but the strength and size of most of the full-timers in comparison to them is noticeable. Players like Lee McCulloch and Kevin Kyle will physically dominate Third Division players.

Also with the increasing number of 3G parks in the lower leagues "blood and snotters challenges" are not really an option. You probably have more of them on the mud and sand based pitches that SPL clubs seem to favour.

TBF - Lennon and the club had already paid the tax and NI. Rangers had not. Not the same at all.

Sorry, I didnt read the full thing, I was assuming it was like the bbc presenters thing where they had their own companies to reduce their tax burden.

I have read this kind of stuff a number of times recently but in reality it's not true. Increasingly the most obvious difference in cup ties between diddy clubs like us and diddy clubs from the SPL is the physical conditioning of the full-time players. In terms of stamina the part-timers do a pretty good job in terms of fitness but the strength and size of most of the full-timers in comparison to them is noticeable. Players like Lee McCulloch and Kevin Kyle will physically dominate Third Division players.

Also with the increasing number of 3G parks in the lower leagues "blood and snotters challenges" are not really an option. You probably have more of them on the mud and sand based pitches that SPL clubs seem to favour.

Don't get me wrong. I agree with your point about the former SPL players physical conditioning being way above that of the 3rd division players. I just found it funny that he seemed to be suggesting that he'd get an easier ride in the 3rd.

I was falling into an easy stereotype about the physicality of the league. No offense was meant. ;)

Why is this still in the SPL section? Any other team would have been moved AGES ago. I demand transparency and no special treatment!

Probably cos Div's been on holiday.

uh...uh...Uh...Uh...UH...UH...UH!...UH! ...oh.

Was that your auntie?

eta sorry, very lame.

Does anyone know what is actually happening just now?

I mean, are they sitting at a desk repeating

"Yes you will"

"No we won't'

For 8 hours?

Edited by cyderspaceman