Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Kevin Kyle has held talks with Rangers over a possible free transfer move.

The former Hearts striker, who has been training with St Johnstone, expressed an interest in joining the prospective Third Division side earlier this week.

STV understands the Scotland international met with club officials on Friday, as he looks to continue his career.

Kyle, 31, has struggled with a chronic hip injury which sidelined him for more than a year.

It is understood former Hibernian keeper Graham Stack is also keen on moving to Ibrox, having left Easter Road in the summer.

Speaking earlier this week, Kyle said he was keen to sign for Rangers, if they are given Scottish FA membership.

“The physio I am working with knows a few people in football and I asked him if he could get an agent pal to speak to Rangers for me," he said.

“I wouldn’t cost the earth and, at the same time, Ally McCoist would know what he was getting.

"I would certainly be more than capable of doing a job for them and it might not be as stressful on my body playing in the Third Division.

“I’ve heard nothing back but it’s something I might pursue if nothing happens at St Johnstone.”

I liked this bit, "“I wouldn’t cost the earth and, at the same time, Ally McCoist would know what he was getting."

Aye, a player with a chronic hip injury which has sidelined him for over a year!!! Just the thing you need when up against the type of tackling that would put Senegal to shame. biggrin.gif

I think Kyle would be perfect for rangers. He famously said he's prepared to dive and cheat to win. A marriage made in govan methinks

There is no way the SFA will take away Rangers' titles.

This is a possibility.

Meanwhile, over in Orcland, some spelling difficulties

Shef Wed from Rangers is no step up if you think it is your confused, playing for such a fantastic club with trophies galore,

WE ARE BETTER THAN SHEF WED ANYDAY

titter

Edited by cyderspaceman

"I would certainly be more than capable of doing a job for them and it might not be as stressful on my body playing in the Third Division.

This bit made me :lol: . The lower leagues are renowned for the focus on total football rather than blood and snotters challenges

Edited by KnightswoodBear

I think Kyle would be perfect for rangers. He famously said he's prepared to dive and cheat to win. A marriage made in govan methinks

So the guy shows some honesty and you equate this with Rangers how?;) Mutually exclusive terms surely.

Edited by strichener

Aw c'mon - this is not a time to be pedantic. It's a time to celebrate again and again and again.

It should remain here until the cheating snatches worm their way back up in to the top division. Because it's going to rumble on for years and years.

Then when they get there we can abuse them all over again.

Like your thinking. The EBT and Dual Contracts investigation could easily be drawn out over a few years. Wait till they win the First Division title, then pump them back to the 3rd..laugh.gif

So when is the final deadline for them getting their license, and do they get launched from the league and cups etc if it's not approved?

It'll no doubt be approved half an hour before kick-off. <_<

All these players allegedly wanting to play for Sevco is depressing. Not because they are signing for Sevco but why. Clearly they see a way of making an easy buck (and going by reports more than they would get in the SPL), get a decent wage packet and not have to try very hard to earn it. What kind of ambition does it show to go and play in the 3rd Div?

It keeps getting weirder:

@GrahamSpiers: Eduardo Hurtado – ‘The Tank’ – apparently happy to come out of retirement and play for Rangers. Just turned 42, still got some mileage… :lol:

FFS, it doesn't half get weirder.

Queuing up to smear themselves in excrement. Who'd have thunk it?

All these players allegedly wanting to play for Sevco is depressing. Not because they are signing for Sevco but why. Clearly they see a way of making an easy buck (and going by reports more than they would get in the SPL), get a decent wage packet and not have to try very hard to earn it. What kind of ambition does it show to go and play in the 3rd Div?

I'm sure for some the attraction of becoming "a hero" if you win 3 back-to-back promotions is also a meaningful part of it.

Also, some of these players don't have clubs or won't get deals beyond 1yr anywhere else. They'll probably get 2yr deals with Rangers (due to transfer embargo). And if they perform in SFL3 + SFL2 there's a good chance they'll be kept for SFL1... if they've faith the club won't fold, they're getting a level of job security unavailable elsewhere.

Edited by HibeeJibee

Wasn't that pretty much what Gr£tna and it's players did?