Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

In fairness I can see why there should be considerably controversy over Peter Lawell getting involved with SPL TV negotiations... firstly, he's not even a member of SPL's Board, and secondly, he is a member of SFA's Board which will approve/disapprove Rangers membership transfer application.

In fairness yer arse, since when have you Rangers fans ever considered fairness!? wink.gif Campbell Ogilvie is a member of the SFA's Board and a former director of Rangers FC, he received one of the 100+ EBT's at Rangers that played a significant part in the downfall of your cheating b*****d of a club.

Seems like a raw deal for the SFL3 clubs given that it will be their games shown live this season.

I'm sure the SFL1 clubs will be lining up to make it a fairer deal, given how unhappy they were with the SPL's inequity.

I agree, there's surely no way the SFL would agree to such a poultry amount? :huh:

Unless the settlement agreement is no longer compromised as a result?

So Celtic are at it as well.

http://www.dailyreco...86908-23913366/

Well well well. Who would have thought that? All those hospitals that coud have been built too. Dear me.

Now do these Celtic players have their contributions docked off their wages by the club?

Not just players I believe, but also Celtic people involved in the SFA and SPL. Well well well.

Delivering judgements on others, and talking of sporting integrity.

I think there has been a great deal of realism on this thread, admittedly interspersed with nonsense.

IMO the biggest single factor in forcing the decisions on newco has been fan power. Social media has been at the forefront of information exchange and of making fans feel they were not acting in isolation. Some credit should be given to fan groups, such as at Aberdeen, but at the club that you and I support there was no concerted fan effort. The existance of social media has negated the need for meetings, demonstrations, etc.

That doesn't mean that P&B can take all the credit for what has happened with 'Rangers', I can't recall any poster claiming it has. But it was, and probably still is, the site that has developed the discussion most and, along with the RTC and Paul McConville's blog, has been cited most often in the MSM.

To that end I think P&B has played a major part in this matter. No group or individual is looking for credit for this, but equally claims like yours about 'delusions of grandeur' are insulting and uncalled for.

Well, it was in direct response to a poster claiming that without this site Rangers would still be in the SPL.

But I agree with most of what you are saying. The net has been very important and I have never disputed fan power as the prime motivator in the decision. This particular site - read widely though it is - less so. A small fraction of fans read it. Certainly not the many thousands who withheld their money at clubs across the country. Still, the high level of debate and informed opinion has brought in and kept interested onlookers like me, so you've got to have played a part, if only via word of mouth from those who do come here to those who don't.

Quote from Lilly Savage

"In his typical forthright fashion Savage asked the average earnings of a Third Division player and when told it was around £30 a week he said: “Is that all? Bloody hell, I’d p*** it up there.”

I wonder how many third division centre halls are now sharpening their studs for this cnut

Olympic thread etc etc

The Red Arrows have just flown over and done a big Red, White and Blue shite over our capital city!

Political propaganda - I'm surprised they didn't drop leaflets in an attempt to capture our hearts and minds.

Edited by Cliche Guevara

I agree, there's surely no way the SFL would agree to such a poultry amount? :huh:

Settlement Agreement shouldn't have ever come into it, surely? Given the information put into the public domain by Clyde/Raith/etc., it's clearly ridiculous to imagine SPL would've been in a situation where they'd so little income (under £6M) that they could justifiably reduce it, let alone pay nothing.

Quote from Lilly Savage

"In his typical forthright fashion Savage asked the average earnings of a Third Division player and when told it was around £30 a week he said: “Is that all? Bloody hell, I’d p*** it up there.”

I wonder how many third division centre halfs are now sharpening their studs for this cnut

Aye, why should they settle for chicken-feed? laugh.gif

ETA: Fife Saint, yer too fast for an auld yin!

Edited by WhiteRoseKillie

So Celtic are at it as well.

http://www.dailyreco...86908-23913366/

Well well well. Who would have thought that? All those hospitals that coud have been built too. Dear me.

Now do these Celtic players have their contributions docked off their wages by the club?

Not just players I believe, but also Celtic people involved in the SFA and SPL. Well well well.

Delivering judgements on others, and talking of sporting integrity.

Desperate whataboutery.

Been following this thread for a while now, but I'm more confused that ever as to what it taking so long with these negotiations.

Green/SKY/SPL all want a club called Rangers to exist so they can all suck money out of the potential supporters/viewers.

Sevco/Green want to make some money ASAP.

McCoist/Rangers fans want Green's club to be called Rangers, all the titles, but no punishments for still being Rangers rather than a Newco.

Sky want to pay as little as possible to show as many games as possible, but don't want to put any money into supporting the game if they don't have to.

SPL clubs want as much TV money as they can get so that they can continue to have an unfair advantage over clubs in lower divisions, and never get relegated.

The bit I am completely confused about is why the SFA are actually negotiating with any of these groups.

Every club in Scotland has been messed about as a result of this fiasco. Nobody has been clear as to which teams will be in their division, if they were even clear what division they would be playing in themselves. Nobody has been able to budget properly as a result, and fans have been treated like dirt and kept in the dark for the most part as secret negotiations take place behind closed doors. It is a total embarasment that Lawell and Doncaster had to fly to London, cap in hand to plead with TV companies. If TV companies want to buy rights to our football, let them come to us, not the other way round. The comparatively paltry sums being mentioned with regard to TV deals will not greatly benefit our game overall, and artificially keeping struggling SPL clubs alive cannot be a good long-term policy either.

So, given my stance that most of these 'interested parties' should be told to take a hike, can someone please explain what exactly is being discussed at these meetings? And I am being serious here. I genuinely don't understand what's going on this week. What long-term benefit is there overall to Scottish football in letting any of these groups get what they want here?

Well, it was in direct response to a poster claiming that without this site Rangers would still be in the SPL.

But I agree with most of what you are saying. The net has been very important and I have never disputed fan power as the prime motivator in the decision. This particular site - read widely though it is - less so. A small fraction of fans read it. Certainly not the many thousands who withheld their money at clubs across the country. Still, the high level of debate and informed opinion has brought in and kept interested onlookers like me, so you've got to have played a part, if only via word of mouth from those who do come here to those who don't.

Twas me, that doesn't mean I thought it was only here, there isn't a regular contributor on this thread that hasn't acknowledged the efforts of others.

People that follow the thread generally know who thinks what.

Been following this thread for a while now, but I'm more confused that ever as to what it taking so long with these negotiations.

Green/SKY/SPL all want a club called Rangers to exist so they can all suck money out of the potential supporters/viewers.

McCoist/Rangers fans want Green's club to be called Rangers, all the titles, but no punishments for still being Rangers rather than a Newco.

Sky want to pay as little as possible to show as many games as possible, but don't want to put any money into supporting the game if they don't have to.

SPL clubs want as much TV money as they can get so that they can continue to have an unfair advantage over clubs in lower divisions, and never get relegated.

The bit I am completely confused about is why the SFA are actually negotiating with any of these groups.

Every club in Scotland has been messed about as a result of this fiasco. Nobody has been clear as to which teams will be in their division, if they were even clear what division they would be playing in themselves. Nobody has been able to budget properly as a result, and fans have been treated like dirt and kept in the dark for the most part as secret negotiations take place behind closed doors. It is a total embarasment that Lawell and Doncaster had to fly to London, cap in hand to plead with TV companies. If TV companies want to buy rights to our football, let them come to us, not the other way round. The comparatively paltry sums being mentioned with regard to TV deals will not greatly benefit our game overall, and artificially keeping struggling SPL clubs alive cannot be a good long-term policy either.

So, given my stance that most of these 'interested parties' should be told to take a hike, can someone please explain what exactly is being discussed at these meetings? And I am being serious here. I genuinely don't understand what's going on this week. What long-term benefit is there overall to Scottish football in letting any of these groups get what they want here?

Seconded.

Speaking of turkeys, where is the bold Steph?

Sorry, shouldn't entice her back, even to rip the pish.

This is the negative position we've arrived at, a rejigging of budgets for a few seasons in no way improves Scottish football in the long term.