Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

There's no point in the SFA, SPL & SFL spending time thrashing out agreements with each other without keeping Green in the loop. I'm pretty sure any other club would be treated in the same way, which is all I'm looking for.

Duffman's a party too, on behalf of Oldco, at £5-600 per hour per partner, so I wouldn't imagine they're speeding up proceedings.. Not that I'm a cynic or anything.. blink.gif

Please excuse my cheap shot. No offence intended.

Just bored with newco saga dragging on and on and on.......

I have seen a bit of the world. Some of it's good and some of it's shit.

I have a Ukrainian friend, although she claims to be Russian. Go figure.

She is also rather attractive, although I am at an age when they all are.

No probs !!!

An Orc complains to the beeb re 'The Rangers' :D here is the reply...........

I recently wrote a letter to complain about the termininology used by the BBC when mentioning Rangers in various reports.

This is the reply I have received today regarding my letter. The sooner this registration is agreed to our benefit the better.

Dear Mr xxxxxxxxxx

Reference xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thank you for contacting us.

Your comments were passed to the Sports Editor, who has asked that I forward his response as follows:

"Thank you for your comments.

It's important for the BBC's audience that a clear distinction is made between the former Rangers company and the new company owned by Charles Green's consortium - and the football entity formerly known as "Rangers FC".

Currently, there is no professional club registered in Scotland with the Scottish Football Association or the Scottish Football League named "Rangers" or otherwise (i.e. "Rangers FC", "The Rangers" or any other similar name - although, there is a separate club known as "Berwick Rangers"). The company known as "The Rangers Football Club PLC" is currently in administration and will inevitably be liquidated.

The company owned by Charles Green is known as "Sevco 5088 Ltd". Mr Green also owns another company known as "Sevco (Scotland) Ltd." - this is the company which Mr Green claims has purchased all of Rangers' assets - purportedly including Ibrox Stadium, Murray Park, the Albion St car park, the player registrations and the club's membership of the Scottish Football Association and its share in the Scottish Premier League. However, the status of the "club" - i.e. the football entity - is currently in limbo after the old club's registrations were effectively terminated when it filed for insolvency.

At a meeting on Monday 4 July 2012, the SPL voted unanimously to reject an application to transfer the old company's share in the SPL to Mr Green's Sevco. Subsequently, Sevco applied for membership of the Scottish Football League, and, following a vote at Hampden on Friday 13 July, was accepted into the SFL setup. Also at that vote, Sevco was refused entry to SFL Division One, but was offered a place in SFL Division Three - and, subject to Scottish Football Association approval, the newco will start life in the SFL Third Division. However, it is not yet clear if Rangers will actually play football next season or not - at this stage, Sevco has only been given an agreement in principle to participate in the Scottish Football League Third Division - it has yet to obtain an SFA licence and fully register as a Scottish football club. When this happens, the SFA will undoubtedly clarify if there has been transference of the club's membership from the oldco to the newco, or if an entirely new club membership registration has been approved. Certainly, the BBC will seek clarification on this issue.

Given this, BBC Scotland has taken the editorial decision, in the interests of clarity for the audience, to refer to "Rangers oldco" and "Rangers newco" in order to accurately reflect the legal status of the company and the football registration status of the club, in addition to any sanctions that may or may not be issued."

Thank you, once again, for taking the time to contact us.

Details of the BBC complaints process are available online at:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/complaints/handle.shtml

Kind Regards

Michelle McGahan

BBC Complaints

www.bbc.co.uk/complaints

A total gtf :lol:

Look at her surname. Obviously a Timmy conspirator.

I believe she is Irish as well. Not sure if it's North or the Republic. Either way the name on it's own is certainly enough rope for the bun conspirators to hang themselves with.

So it looks like the SPL, SFL and SFA have come to some fudge agreement that will see the EBT case delayed (possibly indefinately) until the FTT lays down a verdict, and the TV rights are ripped off by the SPL to the inevatable detriment of the SFL clubs (I can't see how it would benefit any 'diddy' club).

We, the fans, have won a major victory by forcing our teams representatives to punt Sevco (Scotland) into the third division. Who would honestly have seen this at the end of last season? Dreamt about it but it being reality? Certainly not me.

We will hopefully see that Rangers (IA) have the five titles, four Scottish Cups and five League Cups removed from Rangers (IA) list of honours. Not to do this would show that despite it all, even if caught cheating, you will be allowed to keep your ill-gotten gains. This would cheapen Scottish football even more than it is already.

The only clubs to have come out of this with any degree of credit are the small 'community' clubs (© C. Burley) who refused to roll over and bow to the bullying tactics and scaremongering of Cockwomble and Raygun.

I can only hope that this has all shown that the collective of the fans must be listened to. To not do so will drive many away from the sport that we all love.

Rangers(IA) must have those tainted trophies removed from them and either given to the second place team or withheld by the footballing authorities, to not do so would simply be cowtowing to the lowest form of intimidation: (do what we want or we'll get you...).

I've also noticed a lot of people saying that this stuff is proof that we need a single governing body looking after the entire game in this country, which is a valid point (even though other countries operate in the same manner as us in this respect). However, I have very little doubt that if there was a single governing body, then Sevco Rangers would be kicking off the 2012/13 season in the 2nd tier of Scottish football.

Three ruling bodies is too many, one is not enough.

Two would be better to try to avoid what you suggest happening.

As long as we have the SFL and the SPL that isn't going to change.

As has been suggested many times on here, reconstruction

is necessary and that should mean one league .

I may have missed this but if an agreement on SFA membership cannot be reached by tomorrow do Brechin get a 3-0 win for the game on Saturday?

So it looks like the SPL, SFL and SFA have come to some fudge agreement that will see the EBT case delayed (possibly indefinately) until the FTT lays down a verdict, and the TV rights are ripped off by the SPL to the inevatable detriment of the SFL clubs (I can't see how it would benefit any 'diddy' club). We, the fans, have won a major victory by forcing our teams representatives to punt Sevco (Scotland) into the third division. Who would honestly have seen this at the end of last season? Dreamt about it but it being reality? Certainly not me.

We will hopefully see that Rangers (IA) have the five titles, four Scottish Cups and five League Cups removed from Rangers (IA) list of honours. Not to do this would show that despite it all, even if caught cheating, you will be allowed to keep your ill-gotten gains. This would cheapen Scottish football even more than it is already.

The only clubs to have come out of this with any degree of credit are the small 'community' clubs (© C. Burley) who refused to roll over and bow to the bullying tactics and scaremongering of Cockwomble and Raygun.

I can only hope that this has all shown that the collective of the fans must be listened to. To not do so will drive many away from the sport that we all love.

Rangers(IA) must have those tainted trophies removed from them and either given to the second place team or withheld by the footballing authorities, to not do so would simply be cowtowing to the lowest form of intimidation: (do what we want or we'll get you...).

Why would the SFL sell rights to the SPL for less than they could obtain directly with a broadcaster? Presumably they are not retarded so they surely have accepted the deal that generates the greatest return. Do you have a link to the details?

On the cheating aspect, the runner up in the league would not necessarily be awarded the title. Once Rangers results are changed to 3 - 0 defeats it may well mean that the 3rd place team are rightful champions.

No one should be negotiating with Green at all. If you wish to be a member of the SFA/SPL/SFL then you abide by their rules and decisions, as well as the rules set by FIFA and UEFA.

I'm amazed that Green can spend the equivalent of 20 minutes in Scottish football, yet feel he has anything to add to the party. It truly is a circus.

Let's hope Green's the high wire act. Without a net.

Plenty of room for clowns and Orc tamers.

I may have missed this but if an agreement on SFA membership cannot be reached by tomorrow do Brechin get a 3-0 win for the game on Saturday?

The Cup tie is scheduled for Sunday. If Cevco have no licence by then, a decision would have to be taken on whether the tie should be rescheduled for a later date (if, for example, negotiations with a prospect of reaching a successul conclusion were still ongoing), or whether Brechin are awarded a bye.......(couldn't technically beat an unlicenced team 3-0).

Edited by Claymores

Why would the SFL sell rights to the SPL for less than they could obtain directly with a broadcaster? Presumably they are not retarded so they surely have accepted the deal that generates the greatest return. Do you have a link to the details?

On the cheating aspect, the runner up in the league would not necessarily be awarded the title. Once Rangers results are changed to 3 - 0 defeats it may well mean that the 3rd place team are rightful champions.

The only reason I could imagine is that it is some part of a deal on the dual contracts.

I'm begining to suspect the 'title stripping' discussion is smoke and mirrors. If 'Rangers' are found to have issued players dual contracts the punishment for this should be borne by Sevco; more importantly, that punishment must be more severe than stripping them of their titles. That's like allowing a bank robber to hand back the cash he stole and calling it quits.

If they are found guilty of having issued dual contracts they should be suspended for at least a year.

BTW before the pedants get involved, I am defining dual contracts as any form of agreement with/payment to players, whether by the issue of an actual second contract, side letter or even verbal agreement.

Surely we can't just assume that only points involving the cheats should count, suspensions, injuries, moral, and everything else could be taken into account.

As such these titles should be null and void with no 'winners'

As a benefit of this - the left cheek will be raging !!!