Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

That debate could take a while then. At what point do they get the license - when they agree to the process or after the appeal? They could easily agree the process then really fanny about (see court of session).

Licenses and memberships can be revoked.

I thought the SPL didn't have a leg to stand on legally regarding the TV rights claim ?

Mr Longmuir told Press Association Sport: "We will look at the options we have on Monday and Tuesday. If the SPL happen to be one of the bidders we will assess that as well. They are at liberty to pitch to us as anyone else. I am comfortable that we will get there this week."

The SFL's media agents, IMG, have invited bids from interested parties with a Monday deadline and it is understood the SPL will be one of the bidders.

I have emailled the SFL and stated my disappointment in their stance in keeping the tainted League Cups conned from Celtic (twice), St Mirren, Ayr, and Motherwell. I suspect that Longmuir was 'quoted out of context' in the Evening Times and he is waiting to see what the SPL do before removing the toxic name from those league cups.

Chas Green quite simply cannot be allowed to think he has any leverage regarding the EBTs and removal of tainted titles and cups. Quite who these muppets think they are is beyond me.

I have a mate who is a Sevco supporter who keeps harping on about Celtic's 'Tainted' title of last year. I asked him if he thought that the titles and cups won during the EBT years were tainted and the reply: No. We won them fair and square. I told him to look at a few random pages of this thread and come back and see me. I will not hold my breath.

WATP can kiss my white round arse.

Rant over. For now!

Agree, I know there is a wider debate about how such trophies get awarded but that difficulty should be a separate issue from the stripping of those honours won by cheating. If found guilty of the double contracts then there should be an automatic annulment of any honours won during that period.

There have also been Unconfirmed reports that a monster has been captured in Loch Ness. wink.gif

I saw that on Twitter. Are the SPL just dropping the investigation into the EBTs for a few Sky sheckles?

Embarrassing stuff again from the SPL teams.

I saw that on Twitter. Are the SPL just dropping the investigation into the EBTs for a few Sky sheckles?

That wouldn't make sense.

The negotiation over TV rights would be between the SPL and SFL.

The dual contract stuff would be between the SPL and Rangers.

It's not as though one can be weighed up against another, given that they are discussing both with different parties.

It's not as though one can be weighed up against another, given that they are discussing both with different parties.

It's all linked though. Without SFA membership being granted the SFL wouldn't have any broadcasting rights worth selling. My guess is that a sub judice style fudge will be used, with the Strathclyde Police enquiry and the First Tier Tax Tribunal still ongoing, and the liquidators investigation about to start. They'll shelve it for a couple of years and hope people forget about it.

The SFL would be keen on TV rights, but they've survived without them for years so it's hardly the be all and end all. They have the least to lose if Rangers aren't admitted.

The party with the most to lose is obviously Green. If his club don't get the license then they can't operate. He's not in any position to be making demands.

The SPL are in the middle. They would like "Rangers" in the league so that they can be back in the top flight in a few years, and want their TV rights to sell to Sky. If they were going to bend over to anyone, it would be the SFL, not Green.

I suppose it'll come out eventually if the EBT investigation will go ahead.

Although something has changed for the SPL to now accept the membership transfer. Perhaps it was that they wanted part of the TV deal.

The SFL would be keen on TV rights, but they've survived without them for years so it's hardly the be all and end all. They have the least to lose if Rangers aren't admitted.

The party with the most to lose is obviously Green. If his club don't get the license then they can't operate. He's not in any position to be making demands.

The SPL are in the middle. They would like "Rangers" in the league so that they can be back in the top flight in a few years, and want their TV rights to sell to Sky. If they were going to bend over to anyone, it would be the SFL, not Green.

The TV deal for the SFL clubs is a good thing. The money is being better spread over the leagues already.

Roon ye Doncaster.

Although something has changed for the SPL to now accept the membership transfer. Perhaps it was that they wanted part of the TV deal.

Might all be bollocks. It all seems to be coming from one "reliable" source on Vanguard Bears...

A wee bit of perspective from our MSM hero:

Tweets

54malex_thomson_d_normal.jpgalex thomson@alextomoDamascus tense: Syrian soldiers fired 3 rounds into our van at a checkpoint - nobody hurt but our van's shot up #c4news #syria

Expand

P.S. If anyone's on Twitter, could they send him a Tweet saying:

That's all very well Alex, but will the Brechin game go ahead on Saturday?

Edited by welshbairn

A wee bit of perspective from our MSM hero:

Tweets

54malex_thomson_d_normal.jpgalex thomson@alextomoDamascus tense: Syrian soldiers fired 3 rounds into our van at a checkpoint - nobody hurt but our van's shot up #c4news #syria

Expand

P.S. If anyone's on Twitter, could they send him a Tweet saying:

That's all very well Alex, but will the Brechin game go ahead on Saturday?

I've already replied asking him whether he's sure they were Syrian...

Edit - can someone add an assault rifle to the gif of the rising "Big Hoose" guy?

Edited by Bob Roth

Or Green might have said "Right, OK, I'll accept your investigation".

The SPL are investigating the "dual contracts". The EBT case is HMRC's and the result of that is unimportant in regards to the SPL's investigation of the "dual contracts". In that respect i refer to this: Side letter evidence = "dual contract"

The SPL cannot drop that investigation (even if they wanted to). There has been too much publicity around it, and too many eyes of various 'authorities' are looking at it now. wink.gif

I know its been asked on here before but has anyone managed to come up with an answer yet?

HOW MANY OTHER COMPANIES IN THE WORLD "NEGOTIATE" A PUNISHMENT?

Surely its just a case of the SFA saying "this is going to a panel who will judge, take it or leave it?"

To be fair, the NEWCO dont really need to accept any punishment because its a totally new company and Rangers dont exist anymore.

So surely its Duff and Phelps who should be arguing to have titles kept as it really isnt anything to do with Green.

I do think, that these punishments transferring to Newco is some kind of trade-off for the fact the newco dont actually meet new entrant to SFL conditions.

Unfortunately in the corporate world, it is more the norm than an exception. The bigger the footprint, the more leverage. just have a look at the banking industry for a start.