Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

I don't know where you live but I am presuming you support

your local team.

Your local team used to be Airdrieonians and now it's Airdrie Utd.

Can't see anything unusual in that.

Keep up the good work.

(I did meet some unappealing Airdrie fans at Italia 90, but hey ho.)

Wow,things are really looking up when an Airdrie Utd fan gets to feel the love from a Partick Thistle fan biggrin.gif Must be something in that French air you're breathing wink.gif

as for Italia 90,yes i have heard the stories,and saw the pics of a trip there by some of the lads.They were probably pished anyway,would never have known who or what you were laugh.gif Were not all nasties mind you,some of us even have our own teeth,and buy a round wink.gif

I may be being super-whoosed here, but is the whole title-stripping not because Rangers used dual-contracts to lure better quality players on higher wages so they could win said titles?

No I definitely do not think that! I totally agree, I'm just pointing out that they're not very good at this so far are they? Admin, liquidation, TUPE, fines, sanctions, SPL, SFL1, SFL3, License etc etc. I have faith in their continued myopic, weurrapeepull driven incompetence.

Yeah, I'm getting that. It was dawning on me that we were on the same page when I was typing earlier but had to let my rant peter out. This forum's good for allowing you to get your thoughts down in writing, even if they are basically agreements on other's thoughts and things that have been said a million times before. I would like to nominate it for an award for services to mental health issues in the community; I'm sure I'd have been sectioned if I had to rely on the BBC/DR/Sun/Mail over the last few months.

SFL has a rule in respect of disclosing payments:

127.1.3 The agreement between the player and the club shall state the player's full financial entitlement from the club, including signing-on fees, additional lump sum payments, remuneration, bonus payments, removal assistance and benefits in kind. In any dispute between the player and the club, the remuneration contained in the agreement shall be deemed to be the player's complete entitlement. Any club failing to detail a player's full financial entitlement in the agreement shall be dealt with as the Board may decide.

Although it is open to interpretation whether "full financial entitlement from the club" would cover payments to an EBT and a subsequent loan from the EBT to the player which, no doubt the club would argue, were discretionary payments made by the trust.

Hi Flash. I take it you've become an 'Other' fan in response to our board's disgraceful vote on the Rangers question?

But do you think this would be the case if the diddies hadn't mobilised so effectively and called "time" on the MSM's bias? RTC and others have been working tirelessly to make sure there are no rugs in Scottish football (apart from Gordon Smith's) to allow anything to be swept under, and without them I'm not so sure the position would be the same. Some of the commentators on this forum seem to have a firmer grasp on due process than those in charge and this is in of itself a huge concern.

Whether Hughie's playing a blinder in scuttling TRFC and making it look like like sabotage is a bit of a side-issue. The fact remains that those in charge of the game knew about Ranger's underhand methods well in advance of them going into administration, and by all accounts shouldn't have allowed them to even compete in season 2011/12. Ogilvie's still in a job and now Regan and Cockwomble are flailing about entirely unsure of what to do. If Sally hadn't been so inept then TRFC should have at least beaten Maribor and this would have allowed some cash injection to keep the wolf from the door for another season, and allowed the powers that be to keep feathering their nests.

Any investigation into the EBT's is going to ably demonstrate that the SPL and the SFA were well aware of them and failed to take any action because some of their board were beneficiaries. This leaves them in the invidious position of being unable to allow TRFC to skate when all the "customers" are up in arms about blatant cheating, or allowing the matter to be fully investigated and the sword of Damocles falling on their fat necks.

I agree the present position is satisfactory but think this is entirely by accident and not design. The delays are unacceptable and only show-up the governing bodies as self-preserving fools. This is not a judicial process, it's an in-house quasi-legal one specifically designed to prevent such unacceptable whataboutery. New broom time, not Trigger's.

Absolute nonsense Whyte would still have went into administration are you forgetting Ticketus owning the majority of season tickets it only sped up the process by a few months. Administration was always on the cards to cope with the Big Tax Case , obviously Murray wanted the whole thing buried with a CVA but Whyte was reading from a different script.

I don't think there were any concern about footballing punishments whether that was contempt for the Diddy teams , football authorities , their own idea of self importance or just self preservation of their financial status.

Have the SFA realised that not only would they be alienating the diddies who are the mainstay of the Scotland support there are obvious concerns the wider football authorities are looking on.

If the Zombies want to play football they should have adhered to the rules of the association past , present and future. They have already received more concessions than any other club with the exception of the other cheek.

For any Zombie out there I think the questions they need to ask why a club that has a worldwide fan base in a 2 team league with the others making up the numbers why they had to revert to such illegal payments. Do they not instigate the EBT scheme when they failed to invest in their clubs share issue.

For any Zombie out there I think the questions they need to ask why a club that has a worldwide fan base in a 2 team league with the others making up the numbers why they had to revert to such illegal payments. Do they not instigate the EBT scheme when they failed to invest in their clubs share issue.

For the same reason that rich people never have enough money and powerful people never have enough power. It's all about 'the precioussssss' dontya know? 8)

Behind closed doors - Green has already agreed that all of the tainted titles won by the cheating b*****ds must be stripped.

The recent statements are all smoke and mirrors to give the fans of the soon-to-be dead cheating b*****d of a football club the illusion that Green has fought tooth and nail to avoid the loss of the tainted titles.

The main objective of the smoke and mirrors is to recruit fans of the soon-to-be-dead cheating b*****d of a football club into supporting the new club in the belief that Green tried his very best to avoid the tainted titles being removed from the soon-to-be dead liquidated cheating b*****d club. wink.gif

Behind closed doors - Green has already agreed that all of the tainted titles won by the cheating b*****ds must be stripped.

The recent statements are all smoke and mirrors to give the fans of the soon-to-be dead cheating b*****d of a football club the illusion that Green has fought tooth and nail to avoid the loss of the tainted titles.

The main objective of the smoke and mirrors is to recruit fans of the soon-to-be-dead cheating b*****d of a football club into supporting the new club in the belief that Green tried his very best to avoid the tainted titles being removed from the soon-to-be dead liquidated cheating b*****d club. wink.gif

There should be a Government Health Warning with those avatars of yours...my blood pressure goes through the roof with each one you use laugh.gif

Absolute nonsense Whyte would still have went into administration are you forgetting Ticketus owning the majority of season tickets it only sped up the process by a few months. Administration was always on the cards to cope with the Big Tax Case , obviously Murray wanted the whole thing buried with a CVA but Whyte was reading from a different script.

I don't think there were any concern about footballing punishments whether that was contempt for the Diddy teams , football authorities , their own idea of self importance or just self preservation of their financial status.

Have the SFA realised that not only would they be alienating the diddies who are the mainstay of the Scotland support there are obvious concerns the wider football authorities are looking on.

If the Zombies want to play football they should have adhered to the rules of the association past , present and future. They have already received more concessions than any other club with the exception of the other cheek.

Don't know where you're coming from here. I'm in no way defending TRFC and am all for them being hanged,drawn and quartered as a warning to others that think they're above the laws of the game. My point was that the SFA/SPL were already aware of the cheating and were just bobbing around like headless chickens hoping beyond hope that some miracle would stop the whole thing exploding in their face. All I'm saying is the UEFA money may have bought them a few months or even a season before there was any public call for thorough investigations into governance.

I have emailled the SFL and stated my disappointment in their stance in keeping the tainted League Cups conned from Celtic (twice), St Mirren, Ayr, and Motherwell. I suspect that Longmuir was 'quoted out of context' in the Evening Times and he is waiting to see what the SPL do before removing the toxic name from those league cups.

Chas Green quite simply cannot be allowed to think he has any leverage regarding the EBTs and removal of tainted titles and cups. Quite who these muppets think they are is beyond me.

I have a mate who is a Sevco supporter who keeps harping on about Celtic's 'Tainted' title of last year. I asked him if he thought that the titles and cups won during the EBT years were tainted and the reply: No. We won them fair and square. I told him to look at a few random pages of this thread and come back and see me. I will not hold my breath.

WATP can kiss my white round arse.

Rant over. For now!

That'll be part of the debate - so you want to be the 'same' club? Fine, here is what was left for you (in a football sense) by the previous owners

That debate could take a while then. At what point do they get the license - when they agree to the process or after the appeal? They could easily agree the process then really fanny about (see court of session).

Unconfirmed reports that the SPL have won the SFL's TV rights, and thus are no longer blocking Rangers SFA membership.

I thought the SPL didn't have a leg to stand on legally regarding the TV rights claim ?

I thought the SPL didn't have a leg to stand on legally regarding the TV rights claim ?

The SPL were welcome to bid for the rights if they wanted to. That could well be what happened.

Sky (and possibly ESPN) probably realised that letting the SPL have them would be cheaper than buying both lots individually.