Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

If only. All parties (SFL/SPL/SFA) have agreed that they all must agree to the acceptance of Newco. It is the SPL that is preventing it at the moment and I would say that this has as much to do with trying to force the SFL's hand on media rights as it has to do with double contracts. FFS any punishment of Newco for double contracts is going to be pretty minor compared to the benefit that Oldco gained and the only thing it is causing is uncertainty.

How about, they give Newco the membership but state that they will still be investigating the double contracts and that if when they are found guilty, the club will be up on a bringing the game into disrepute charge with the SFA. They can then be punished by the SFA and if they do not accept it, then the SFA can then begin the process of eviction.

Or, setting out a line in the sand so the next club to step out of line (financially, contractually, etc. ) can't point at TRFC and say "well they got away with it." Cos guaranteed the next (diddy) team that does step out of line will be nuked in an instant.

Alas, this is at the discretion of the SFA. For membership at least.

I'm not sure about this. The only source we have for it is an anonymous SFA bod, quoted by a reporter on Twitter, can't remember which one. The rule was certainly applied strictly to Gretna 2008.

any punishment of Newco for double contracts is going to be pretty minor compared to the benefit that Oldco gained .

I'm not so sure about that. Rangers false league positions during the years in question have resulted in them gaining and others losing prize money. That would need to be redressed. Also did Rangers qualify directly for the group stages of the Champions League through winning a title they ought not to have won. If so that's a huge chunk of income they've gained and another Scottish team has lost. That also needs to be redressed.

To me the footballing authorities are cacking themselves about the ramifications of Rangers being found guilty of registration offences. Hence the SFA and SFL stating they have no wish to remove cup wins and the SPL appearing only to want to remove titles rather than redraw the leagues after awarding Rangers opponents 3 - 0 wins.

I live the Leggo Red Top Thesaurus of shite....

"hot shots", "top drawer", "big hitting", "high flier"

:lol:

a year on and Craig Whyte is referred to in a completely different light ! biggrin.giflaugh.gif

I live the Leggo Red Top Thesaurus of shite....

"hot shots", "top drawer", "big hitting", "high flier"

:lol:

He's on quite remarkably - amazingly? - paranoid form today; it's all a pro-Celtic conspiracy, don't you know?

The nonsensical ravings of a lunatic mind

He's on quite remarkably - amazingly? - paranoid form today; it's all a pro-Celtic conspiracy,

I read that too.

I wonder if Harper MacLeod know that every legal case they have will be tainted by being Celtic's lawyers.

I read that too.

I wonder if Harper MacLeod know that every legal case they have will be tainted by being Celtic's lawyers.

Presumably Donald Findlay QC is the ONLY lawyer who represents fairness and equal justice for all?

So, Green just wants to help Sally get the players onto a coach and go play a match? Don't say I never helped, Chuckie.

On the Buses

Could they not just cadge a lift off of one of the thousands of bluenoses who'll be heading up there. Some of them must have cars of their own.

What was the line used a wee while back. Can't for the life of me remember which one of the authorities it was used it now, but it was something about "fear or favour".

I can only assume it was the SFA talking about being shit scared and willing to bend over at impossible angles.

You know, Leggo might want to watch his step if Whyte is as litigious as the drunken oaf makes out. He's accused him so far of being in cahoots with the Regan/Media/Celtic axis of evil, links to the mafia and international terrorism (!) despotic, wilfully corrupt and many other nasty things.

What was the line used a wee while back. Can't for the life of me remember which one of the authorities it was used it now, but it was something about "fear or favour".

I can only assume it was the SFA talking about being shit scared and willing to bend over at impossible angles.

Cockwomble and Regan both said it at the start of this clusterfuck. Said they would apply the rules and regulations of their league and association without fear or favour. So where do negotiating punishments and social unrest fit in with that?

It was Regan:

"The Scottish FA has a responsibility to all its members and must implement its rules without fear or favour."

Here

Cockwomble and Regan both said it at the start of this clusterfuck. Said they would apply the rules and regulations of their league and association without fear or favour. So where do negotiating punishments and social unrest fit in with that?

Slap bang in the middle of the blue!

(I'm watching Friends - Chandler is a genius).

It was Regan:

"The Scottish FA has a responsibility to all its members and must implement its rules without fear or favour."

Here

And if they do that pertaining to EBT/double contracts, nobody outside Rangers will have a problem. What are you waiting for, Regan?