Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Big Joe Knew

:lol:

I genuinely thought the American based Dundee United fan was going for some RM style whataboutery. I then clicked the link to the Penn State story, read it and hurriedly deleted the post I'd written having a go at him for it.

I would venture that prolonged child abuse being covered up by the club is a bit worse than financial doping.

Severe penalties nevertheless and more than a few people are going to get their jotters! I would also imagine that Penn State will lose a fair few students as well. College football in the US is ridiculously popular.

-- Jim Calhoun, a janitor at the Lasch Football Building on the Penn State campus, tells his supervisor and another janitor that he saw Sandusky performing oral sex on a young boy, according to the grand jury report. A second janitor reports that he saw Sandusky and a boy leave a shower room and walk out of the building hand in hand. No one reports the alleged incidents to university officials or law enforcement, according to the grand jury report.

I think the university officials were well aware though.

Edited by Invalid Probe

Paddy power are offering 11/2 of rangers not winning the 3rd division. If I placed a tenner on that tonight and rangers are subsequently refuse a licence, unable to compete, are PP likely to come up with some bullshit not to pay up?

Don't know if this has been answered before, but if the The Rangers game is postponed on Saturday, do Brechin City get a walkover?

Ishould F*ckin' hope so, not Brechins fault the Zombies couldn't complete a fixture.

Come to think of it, is there not a rule somewhere about not completing fixtures?

:lol:

I genuinely thought the American based Dundee United fan was going for some RM style whataboutery. I then clicked the link to the Penn State story, read it and hurriedly deleted the post I'd written having a go at him for it.

Fair dos! :D

Obviously the story has major parallels with the Torbett case but TBH I don't know that much about the Torbett case. The Penn state thing broke in November last year and it is a massive one here in the US because "wee" Joe Paterno was such a hero.

What still surprises me and I am going a way OT here is why such incidents are such a surprise here in the colonies. Perhaps having an ex-social worker wife I am much more aware of these kind of incidents which are much more common than anyone likes to think. 2 weeks before we moved from Scotland an international level gymnastics coach was arrested for abusing his charges. This was at international level too.

I would guess that there are more abusers in the Scottish football game and if my kids were still kids I would be very stringent in anyone who had "loco parentis".

However anyone who uses this kind of thing to justify or deflect critisicism from their own team is a slimy stupid arse and deserving of contempt.

I hope that clears up any "whataboutery"!

However anyone who uses this kind of thing to justify or deflect critisicism from their own team is a slimy stupid arse and deserving of contempt.

I hope that clears up any "whataboutery"!

It does mate.

The gist of what I sheepishly removed was making just the point you make above.

Paddy power are offering 11/2 of rangers not winning the 3rd division. If I placed a tenner on that tonight and rangers are subsequently refuse a licence, unable to compete, are PP likely to come up with some bullshit not to pay up?

:unsure: equivalent of a non runner in a horse race?

Ishould F*ckin' hope so, not Brechins fault the Zombies couldn't complete a fixture.

Come to think of it, is there not a rule somewhere about not completing fixtures?

I think Livi have already set a precedent here. I don't think they had results awarded against them when they refused to play. :(

Once more you are very good at assuming,but also very wrong again.

I followed Airdrieonians as well,same reason,my local side.Next time you are along introduce us to these good number of fans who see us as the same club,and i will introduce you to many,many more who know WE ARE NOT THE OLD CLUB ANY MORE.

I have followed an Airdrie side in one form or another for more years than i care to remember,both home and away,and i can assure you these so called people are very quiet,and if do as you say are very small in number.

Wasn't assuming anything, your previous answer was slightly unclear (to me) and I was trying to clarify it (hence the question). Comes back to the same thing then, seems to me that you support Airdrie because you are, and always were, an Airdrie fan. Sure, there's an acknowledgement of the legal discontinuity, and I don't know anyone who's trying to pretend that didn't happen or that it doesn't matter, but likewise the support for the 'club' as a wider entity has been continuous.

I'm not trying to be prescriptive here and I'm genuinely interested in your different perception of it.

Wasn't assuming anything, your previous answer was slightly unclear (to me) and I was trying to clarify it (hence the question). Comes back to the same thing then, seems to me that you support Airdrie because you are, and always were, an Airdrie fan. Sure, there's an acknowledgement of the legal discontinuity, and I don't know anyone who's trying to pretend that didn't happen or that it doesn't matter, but likewise the support for the 'club' as a wider entity has been continuous.

I'm not trying to be prescriptive here and I'm genuinely interested in your different perception of it.

You pair can kiss & make up on your first visit to the Shyberry this season. ;)

I think Livi have already set a precedent here. I don't think they had results awarded against them when they refused to play. :(

Hamilton Accies did. Got a 15 point penalty as well if memory serves. I think Livvy's was different as they were refusing to play until the outcome of an appeal?

he's at it again

GIOVANNI DI STEFANO@DEVILSADVOKATVITAL and probative the information I received last night has on ALL matters.

Expand

1mGIOVANNI DI STEFANO@DEVILSADVOKATinjunction to put back the league positions in all divisions until the matter resolved. You will see from the content of the letter how

Expand

2mGiovanni_normal.jpgGIOVANNI DI STEFANO@DEVILSADVOKATBearing on the whole question of Administration. I will be asking the SFA to explain their position failing which I will apply for an

Expand

• Me_and_Acey_Crop_normal.jpg_48014022_grandpaelliott_normal.jpgtito_2_normal.JPGf09yey03154ah1qcm46i_normal.jpegimage_normal.jpgwyzdwsy8e9b24rh4nyvu_normal.jpegavatar_normal.jpg

2mGiovanni_normal.jpgGIOVANNI DI STEFANO@DEVILSADVOKATI am posting in a few minutes the letter to DUFF & PHELPS which EXPLAINS what is happening regarding Craig Whyte and which has a VITAL

Expand

Hamilton Accies did. Got a 15 point penalty as well if memory serves. I think Livvy's was different as they were refusing to play until the outcome of an appeal?

Accies deducted 15pts when the players went on strike and they were unable to fulfil a game (v Stenny IIRC). Livi should've been hammerred for refusing to play East Stirling but got a slap on the wrist.