Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

1343085313[/url]' post='6460334']

Agreed. Not only is it unfair on their opponents (particularly Brechin with it being their home tie), and potentially edges into "holding-up the cup" territory, but it has to get resolved sooner or later. If we've spanned almost 2 weeks without agreement being reached, then obviously the odds continue to increase that it'll never be reached in the following X weeks either.

And in the event it isn't reached then SFL has another headache, given Dundee has left... would it play SFL3 with 9? Or would it look for a late replacement entrant?

I'm sure that there was a case in the dim and distant where a team went under (or were expelled) and the replacement team took on their results and record for that season.

Found it - season 1897-98. Renton chucked it 4 games into the season and Hamilton took over their "lot" for the rest of the season.

I'm sure that there was a case in the dim and distant where a team went under (or were expelled) and the replacement team took on their results and record for that season.

Found it - season 1897-98. Renton chucked it 4 games into the season and Hamilton took over their "lot" for the rest of the season.

Back when things were done between Gentlemen on a handshake!!!!!

Can you imagine that happening today?? The legal shit storm that it would create!!!!!

It would appear the placing "The" in front of Rangers and "FC" instead of just displaying Rangers that a complete name change has been made :lol:.

Why not just put "The FC" minus Rangers as the orcs seem to believe that they are the football club or The Fucking Cheats might cover it.

The The.

Think that you're Rangers, you only think that you're Rangers, think that you're Rangers.

YOU ONLY THINK THAT YOU'RE RANGERS

Edited by stonedsailor

Anyone else hear the hypocrisy on Talkshite this morning? My own fault, I know.

Brazil talking to PFA Chairman Gordon Taylor. In a nutshull :-

Portsmouth situation - Deserve everything they have coming to them. Will end up playing non league if they are playing at all. Living outwith their means, still playing players too much wages.

Rangers situation - SPL clubs have cut off their nose to spite their face.

Are we all wrong here or something?

Portsmouth situation - Deserve everything they have coming to them. Will end up playing non league if they are playing at all. Living outwith their means, still playing players too much wages.

Brazil..........in a nutshell :lol:

How the f**k does this c**t manage to breathe and type at the same time?

You are hitting your head against a brick wall here.

You must appreciate that Kincardine has depended on Roughie and the Real Radio phone in for all he knows about company law. The place he learned that there is no need to shut up if you have no knowledge whatsoever on a subject.

If we must rolleyes.gif talk about naming the cheats. What about PKA Rangers? (If good enough for Prince good enough for Sevco). Might make them sound like some dodgy Greek team with no money, which would fit biggrin.gif.

If we are generally in agreement that Captain Green is a bit short of cash, and Brian Kennedy is saying that his offer of £5m is still on the table (the important phrase is "controlling interest"), is there a reason to be (more) suspicious that CG is planning a quick getaway, and can't afford to lose the ability to cut and run on his own (or his investors') terms and timing? I still think the The Rangers won't kick a ball in anger, and CG is just playing a game of brinkmanship.

Woke up this morning (no, wait, this isn't a Blues number) with a thought in my head. Which is unusual.

Anyway, what if the stand off between SFA/spl/SFL/oldco/newco is a smokescreen? Those here who are more expert on me with these matters, ie, everyone, might shoot this down, but with oldco not yet liquidated, would a transfer of SFA membership to newco then place that newco in the position of inheriting some of the debts of the old company?

Then I went down to the station with a suitcase in my hand. unsure.gif

If we are generally in agreement that Captain Green is a bit short of cash, and Brian Kennedy is saying that his offer of £5m is still on the table (the important phrase is "controlling interest"), is there a reason to be (more) suspicious that CG is planning a quick getaway, and can't afford to lose the ability to cut and run on his own (or his investors') terms and timing? I still think the The Rangers won't kick a ball in anger, and CG is just playing a game of brinkmanship.

The key question is what is the quantum of Brian Kennedy's bid?

I don't think there's an organised smokescreen between the SFA/SPL/SFL/Oldco/Newco. That would require co-ordination and organisation. I think all five parties act independently, each is selfish in the extreme, have their own agendas, and to varying degrees are totally fcuking clueless... hence this being a clusterfcuk of almighty proportions.

Brazil should stick to berating Ronnie Irani and ripping the piss out of The Moose.................oh and tell the listeners stories of trying to drive a milk float from Cheltenham to London ! tongue.gif

Woke up this morning (no, wait, this isn't a Blues number) with a thought in my head. Which is unusual.

Anyway, what if the stand off between SFA/spl/SFL/oldco/newco is a smokescreen? Those here who are more expert on me with these matters, ie, everyone, might shoot this down, but with oldco not yet liquidated, would a transfer of SFA membership to newco then place that newco in the position of inheriting some of the debts of the old company?

Then I went down to the station with a suitcase in my hand. unsure.gif

All previous discussion/tactics in vain?

You've missed the point. Sevco are trading as Rangers, they don't need to rename the company to trade as Rangers. If they were prevented from calling the company Rangers (which is what has been suggested) then they would equally be prevented from trading as Rangers under the insolvency rules on reuse of company names. There is, however, no problem under those rules because sevco bought the entire undertaking from administrators.

The reason for what you have posted above is that the oldco needed to change it's name before the newco take the official company name and because there are notice requirements. Nothing to do with reusing company names/trading names.

No they didn't, the entire undertaking would be the old company et all. Sevco only purchased the assets of the company, the use of trading names is controlled by statute - The Business Names Act 1985. This Act imposes certain legal requirements on companies using trading names. The most obvious point is the trading name cannot be the same as or similar to another company or business name in a way that might be confusing.

In the case of Rangers transferring the name from the oldco to the newco and treating them as different companies could fall foul of the passing off regulations. It is down to someone to complain though.