Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Since when have deadlines counted in this affair?

Since FIFA and UEFA started sniffing around due to several agents of former Rangers players complaining to FIFA that the SFA had withheld their players registrations and several European clubs informing UEFA that they believe a Scottish Club had been fielding ineligible players in UEFA's competitions for at least the last 12 years!!! wink.gifph34r.gif

Guest Kincardine

It's not a matter of perception, it's a matter of fact that Rangers FC (IA), the club set up in 1872, is being liquidated.

That isn't a matter of fact at all. A club can easily separate its founding from its establishment as a PLC. Your fellow fan demonstrated this very well:

Celtic Football Club - has existed since 1888, and was incorporated as a company in 1897, under the name "The Celtic Football and Athletic Company Limited". It changed its name to "Celtic plc" in 1994, when it became a public limited company

So when was your club founded? 1888? 1897? 1994?

Answers such as "Oh we were never insolvent/liquidated" don't count. Your club has had at least 3 corporate entities yet traces its roots back to 1888.

That isn't a matter of fact at all. A club can easily separate its founding from its establishment as a PLC. Your fellow fan demonstrated this very well:

Answers such as "Oh we were never insolvent/liquidated" don't count. Your club has had at least 3 corporate entities yet traces its roots back to 1888.

Oh God, this has been dealt with dozens of times already but...

Celtic were founded in November 1887, admitted into the SFA in 1888, incorporate in 1897, and still exists.

Incorporation does not change the entity being incorporated. Changing from a private to a public ltd co does not change the entity being incorporated. Buying up all the shares an unincorporated it back into private ownership does not change the entity.

As for the keech about Pacific Shelf, that is a company which is owned by Celtic plc.

It is not Celtic plc.

Anything else?

crying.gif

They had 14 days to submit their application for SFA membership from the time they were accepted into the SFL. If they don't have it accepted by Friday the Ramsdens Cup game will be postponed. That's all, I'm afraid..

http://www.scottishf...D=1&newsID=9495

http://scotslawthoug...o-scotland-ltd/

16. REGISTRATION WITH SFA A CONDITION OF MEMBERSHIP A Member or Associate Member who is not already a full or associate member of the Scottish Football Association must make application to become a full or associate member of the Scottish Football Association (as the case may be) within fourteen (14) days of being admitted to membership of the League failing which its membership of the League will lapse, and in the event that the application is unsuccessful, its membership will lapse upon that decision being intimated to the League.

The first hurdle of actually making the application has been overcome. However the SFA still has to approve the application for transfer of membership. Membership is a separate issue from the licence, and as the excellent Auldheid has pointed out for some time seems to be an issue which causes the SFA some difficulties. I will come back to that.

As we know, the application made is for the transfer of membership in the SFA from Rangers Football Club PLC to Sevco Scotland Ltd.

Under Article 14 of the SFA Articles, the SFA Board has the discretion to grant or refuse such an application on such terms and conditions as it thinks fit.

wink.gif

Edited by Itwiznaeme

I think the point is that: provided Rangers have applied to SFA to transfer membership (which evidently they have), and SFA has not yet officially rejected that application, then they're still 'pending' in the SFL membership stakes as regards achieving full/associate membership.

However, they can't play an organised game, meaning they can't play any SFL matches.

In theory SFA could sit on the application for months... however there'd have to come a point when either they said "No" or SFL said "this is ridiculous, yer oot".

But they can reach the weekend without successfuly transferring the SFA membership and still have their SFL membership intact.

I'm not even sure that Sevco Scotland Ltd. have even applied to be members of the SFL yet.

I understand a vote was taken to allow them entry as members, but I don't ever recall hearing that Sevco Scotland Ltd. had actually made an application.

Whether or not they applied to SFL (which I'm pretty sure they did) they are SFL members.

Scotland on Sunday said they'd paid their £1,200 application and £1,200 entry fees.

This is what the SFA membership issue is going to make or break - meeting the SFA full/associate requirement SFL demands.

Edited by HibeeJibee

The fact that you are illiterate and have great difficulty understanding/comprehending big words and simple facts is your problem not mine.

Feel free to print this off and show it to your friends. wink.gif

Indeed!

Name & Registered Office:

CELTIC PLC

CELTIC PARK

GLASGOW

G40 3RE

Company No. SC003487

Date of Incorporation: 12/04/1897

Country of Origin: United Kingdom

Company Type: Public Limited Company

Nature of Business (SIC):

93110 - Operation of sports facilities

93120 - Activities of sport clubs

Accounting Reference Date: 30/06

Last Accounts Made Up To: 30/06/2011 (GROUP)

Next Accounts Due: 31/12/2012

Last Return Made Up To: 31/12/2011

Next Return Due: 28/01/2013

Last Members List: 31/12/2010

Last Bulk Shareholders List: 31/12/2010

Previous Names:

Date of change Previous Name

15/12/1994 The Celtic Football and Athletic Company Ltd

Celtic Football Club - has existed since 1888, and was incorporated as a company in 1897, under the name "The Celtic Football and Athletic Company Limited". It changed its name to "Celtic plc" in 1994, when it became a public limited company, in "one of the most successful stock market flotations in British financial history".

Celtic have not entered administration during their history and have not faced LIQUIDATION. wink.gif

Edited by Itwiznaeme

There's no deadline for the SFA to accept or refuse an application for membership after they've received it. Rangers, or whatever you want to call it ,won't be able to play until they have membership.

There's no deadline for the SFA to accept or refuse an application for membership after they've received it. Rangers, or whatever you want to call it ,won't be able to play until they have membership.

Did Cockwomble not say something like "we'll work around the membership issue"?

I think some people are getting a bit too carried away about the significance of Friday. Some saying it's the 'deadline to end all deadlines'. It's clear it isn't, to the point where it's almost an insignificance to all but Brechin, 'Rangers' and Ramsdens.

When the league season kicks off, I think 'Rangers' will be kicking off on the same weekend.

I still think we've 'won' and the posturing is all but complete. I'm just looking forward to seeing some football again.

With respect, that's entirely the way you want to see it as a Celtic fan. In three years time, or whatever, the Celtic vs Rangers game will still have the same importance. There's no way anyone's going to refer to Celtic vs The Rangers, surely?

the newco is not rangers

the newco is not rangers

Currently.

If it exists going forward it's going to be known by all and sundry as 'Rangers' and if it exists by taking-on the existing SFA membership then it's almost certainly going to officially be Rangers.

I think some people are getting a bit too carried away about the significance of Friday. Some saying it's the 'deadline to end all deadlines'. It's clear it isn't, to the point where it's almost an insignificance to all but Brechin, 'Rangers' and Ramsdens.

When the league season kicks off, I think 'Rangers' will be kicking off on the same weekend.

I still think we've 'won' and the posturing is all but complete. I'm just looking forward to seeing some football again.

Hear, hear - I think we all are. This thread spawned an awful lot of pages today for a 5 month old news story that hasn't moved at all in the past 24 hours.

I think you're right about Friday: it's as much the 'deadline to end all deadlines' as every other deadline before it has been. It would be nice to think everything can be resolved in the next 96 hours though.

Hear, hear - I think we all are. This thread spawned an awful lot of pages today for a 5 month old news story that hasn't moved at all in the past 24 hours.

I think you're right about Friday: it's as much the 'deadline to end all deadlines' as every other deadline before it has been. It would be nice to think everything can be resolved in the next 96 hours though.

Agreed. Not only is it unfair on their opponents (particularly Brechin with it being their home tie), and potentially edges into "holding-up the cup" territory, but it has to get resolved sooner or later. If we've spanned almost 2 weeks without agreement being reached, then obviously the odds continue to increase that it'll never be reached in the following X weeks either.

And in the event it isn't reached then SFL has another headache, given Dundee has left... would it play SFL3 with 9? Or would it look for a late replacement entrant?

Currently.

If it exists going forward it's going to be known by all and sundry as 'Rangers' and if it exists by taking-on the existing SFA membership then it's almost certainly going to officially be Rangers.

It will be Sevco Scotland Ltd. t/a 'The Rangers Football Club', using the membership which was previously held by the now defunct The Rangers Football Club plc.

Currently.

You can call them whatever you like, but forever more they'll be known as the team that were forcibly closed down for tax evasion on a massive scale and the only reason that there's any sort of clone masquerading as TCFKAR is because some shyster bought the dead clubs assets and is trying to pass them off as "the real mccoy" to the masses.

Edited by blanco