Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

I agree with you they can continue as a Rangers at Ibrox ! BUT the company registered that won all those titles and trophies over 140 years is about to go bust with the final part of liquidation.

In steps Charles Green and buys everything apparently although the oldco still has the trading name "The Rangers football club PLC and was the Ltd company too" registered at companies house.He has moved all the former clubs assets to a new holding company with a different registration under sevco Scotland.We now have two separate companies do we not ? one with 140 years history and one with history beginning June 2012 but has all the assets of the 140 year old club ! .

It's the keeping of history bit that's the main debate me thinks ! is it a new club completely NO HISTORY ? or is it a continuation of the debt ridden company IS THE FORMER CLUB WITH DEBTS AND HISTORY ?

I've read a link somewhere earlier on the thread that Green has incorporated "The Rangers football club Ltd" into sevco Scotland pending ?,how can he incorporate the oldco into the newco without becoming liable to the oldco's huge debt mountain ?.

The point made in many of the MSM was that 140 years of Rangers history WILL be lost forever before the CVA failed.Now it's taken a turn and it's as if nowt all happened and it's a new club but has 140 years trading history behind it !.

It's either a new Rangers or the old Rangers they can't be the one and the same.

Don't get me wrong mate - IF Charlie does indeed overcome the obstacles in his way, at every opportunity (as long as it doesn't look like it would earn me a doing!) I will personally keep calling his new team the Sevco Works XI, and I would expect fans of all diddy teams who meet them to have a songbook that includes 'Are you Rangers in disguise'....'You're not Rangers any more'.... 'You're not famous any more'...etc, etc.

In the bigger, big bad world.... they will be Rangers.

If Charlie overcomes the obstacles.... and keeps overcoming them for three seasons....maybe more. A big IF.

What it is called, and what image rights it owns are irrelevant to the fact that it is not, and never can be, the club which was set up in 1872.

You will maintain this stance till the day you die. In the hope that your club will then inherit the title as Scotland's most successful club. AS club that I might add has changed it's name in the not to distant past.

You will maintain this stance till the day you die. In the hope that your club will then inherit the title as Scotland's most successful club. AS club that I might add has changed it's name in the not to distant past.

Clubs can change their name to whatever they want, they're still the same club.

Hardly a glowing accolade.

Sevco fans seem to keep throwing up Celtic's floating as some kind of watershed moment for the history of that 'club'. Utterly bizarre.

Craig Whyte has, from a distance, done nothing illegal. He's fucked up a company and made a tidy scheme, but he's not broken the law. I'm sure one of the resident legal eagles will confirm this.

I believe HMRC have a somewhat contradictory opinion. All we can say at this point with certainty is that he hasn't yet been arrested and charged with anything.

"The Rangers Football Club PLC" != "The Rangers Football Club Ltd"

FROM STV !

A club spokesman said the STV story was: "ignorant and ill-informed" and "has caused alarm to Rangers supporters." He added: "For the avoidance of doubt, Ibrox and Murray Park are the property of The Rangers Football Club, which at present is registered as Sevco Scotland Ltd until a name change is given formal approval.

"Sevco Scotland was formed to ensure that if the formation of a new company was required in the event of a CVA being rejected, then the Club’s corporate entity would be a Scottish registered company as it has always been."

So Green can't use Rangers until he has been given approval and is still sevco Scotland until otherwise :blink:.Also Greens Rangers are a new company.Where will this end ?.

He also gave Whyte another quid for the hell of it. That means Whyte made a 200% profit laugh.gif.

That still cracks me up, the blunder and that The Times and The Guardian quoted him as saying 100%.

Buying something for a pound and selling it for £2 is a 100% profit though, unless I'm missing something...

I believe HMRC have a somewhat contradictory opinion. All we can say at this point with certainty is that he hasn't yet been arrested and charged with anything.

Yeah you're right. I should have worded that differently. Ostensibly, he's completely out of the picture and most likely won't be seen in these parts - or in this story - again. Let's put it that way.

Buying something for a pound and selling it for £2 is a 100% profit though, unless I'm missing something...

Charles Green, in one of his earlier, more hilarious press conferences, suggested otherwise. It's a deliberate mistake on the poster's part.

"A club spokesman said the STV story was: "ignorant and ill-informed" and "has caused alarm to Rangers supporters." He added: "For the avoidance of doubt, Ibrox and Murray Park are the property of The Rangers Football Club, which at present is registered as Sevco Scotland Ltd until a name change is given formal approval."

Did they really put that out? Wow.