Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Just catching up on this thread, I've absolutely no sympathy for Kelty Hearts, Kelty is the epitome of a backwards village crawling with blue bigots.

I can just hear Neil Oliver saying this in the Visit Scotland advert 'and our welcomes are warm too and if you look out of the left window you can see Kelty is the epitome of a backwards village crawling with blue bigots.'

Check pleasesmile.gif

Proof please.

Too easy. You're not going to embarass yourself by suggesting that The Rangers Football Club is distinct from Rangers are you?

From the Rangers website.

The Rangers Football Club, a trading name of Sevco Scotland Limited (No SC425159) Ibrox Stadium, 150 Edmiston Drive, Glasgow G51 2XD

The bloke in the photo - looks like Gordon Smith checking someone's double-contract before shoving it into a Rangers poly bag with the others, destined for the shredder.

Did the shredding company carry out its duties properly, do you think?

Or are there maybe some bits of paper sitting waiting to come out of the closet?

Was it? I knew Sevco 5088 was registered in England so all the Sevco Scotland stuff has me wondering.

Sevco Scotland Limited, which was incorporated on May 29, made applications to transfer the title deeds of the property on June 15, the day after Mr Green held a media conference at Ibrox with the consortium’s financial adviser, Imran Ahmad, where he announced the purchase of the club’s assets had gone ahead.

A spokesman for Rangers confirmed that there had been a transfer of assets between one newco and a second separate newco. He told STV: "For the avoidance of doubt, Sevco 5088 Limited bought the assets of the Rangers Football Club and then transferred them to Sevco Scotland Limited so that all the assets would be in the Scottish registered company that is Rangers FC."

http://local.stv.tv/glasgow/108240-rangers-crisis-ibrox-and-murray-park-hived-off-to-separate-newco/

Cool. We're making progress. Can we agree that I have posted an answer to those who say that the prohibition on business names is the problem and have shown that it is not the problem? Yes?

Given that's also what I've said all along, yes we can. I've consistently and repeatedly noted that they are not a "phoenix" company in the eyes of the law and as such CAN adopt Rangers' marks.

Super. Now, quid pro quo, can you explain what the problem is.

Quid pro quo? What exactly did you trade there? You asserted something that I've consistently agreed with.

The problem is that Sevco Scotland Limited does not currently have the right to trade as "Rangers". You can win this debate at a stroke - you keep asserting that Sevco are currently trading as Rangers. No problem, then - prove it. Show us evidence of a transaction they've conducted under that name. If you can't, why are you so sure it's the case?

If I opened a cafe with the company name "Chicken Wings Over Scotland", I still couldn't trade as "McDonalds" and put that name over the door.

No but when you inevitably went bust and I bought the business from the administrators I could continue to trade as Chicken Wings Over Scotland. That's what has happened here.

If I opened a cafe with the company name "Chicken Wings Over Scotland", I still couldn't trade as "McDonalds" and put that name over the door.

ERM ! I don't think the oldco is going to take the newco to court for trading under it's name "The Rangers football club".Although McDonald's might have you in court faster than a Big Mac at the checkout if you used their trading copyrights.

Too easy. You're not going to embarass yourself by suggesting that The Rangers Football Club is distinct from Rangers are you?

From the Rangers website.

Pathetic. That's an empty assertion made by Green, to go with the roughly 10,000 others he's made since appearing on the scene. Remember the classic "players have broken their contracts by not transferring over to the newco", the immortal "we'll have £30m available by the start of the season", or the unforgettable "we expect the CVA to be approved"? Seriously, if that's your evidence, stop wasting my time.

No but when you inevitably went bust and I bought the business from the administrators I could continue to trade as Chicken Wings Over Scotland. That's what has happened here.

Why don't the two of you set up a business together and call it Strings 'n' Wings.....

8)

Good grief. No it isn't. The whole subject of debate here is the difference between "company name" and "trading name". You could own a company called "Chicken Wings Over Scotland", but you could no more trade as "McDonalds" than I could.

Define 'Rangers'.

noun

1a keeper of a park, forest, or area of countryside:

park rangers

2a member of a body of armed men, in particular:

a mounted soldier.

US a commando.

(Ranger or Ranger Guide)

British a member of the senior branch of the Guides.

4a person or thing that wanders over a particular area:

rangers of the mountains

They're not registering it as a company though, they're merely using it as a 'trading name'.

They have been issued it as a temporary trading name by Companies House. There are thousands of companies in the UK called Sevco or who have been known as Sevco, consecutively numbered by Companies house, none of them related to each other. If you started a new company but hadnt been approved to call it what you really wanted, you'd be given the name Sevco and a number. Sevco isnt a company as such, its a holding file name for Companies House. It would appear that they had to register in Scotland and Scotland doesnt have the Sevco prefix so they called it Sevco Scotland.

Sevco5088 is nothing more than number they are filed under at Companies house. You wouldnt be able to call a Company Sevco and pick a number. Companies House give you the name and number whilst you decide what your real name is going to be.