Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

So it Sevco 5088 Ltd bought the assets, where's the Sevco Scotland Ltd coming from?

That's a different company, registered in a different county?

Is Sevco 5088 a holding company for Sevco Scotland?

Wasn't Seco Scotland what Sevco 5088 transferred Ibrox etc over to :unsure: ?

http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/18509619

"Any attempt to adopt the name 'The Rangers Football Club' would require the approval of the liquidators, BDO."

"Companies House has said that a name change application has not been made by Sevco 5088, and may not be possible."

"The consortium claims the full company name has already been transferred over by the administrators Duff & Phelps."

" 'The Rangers Football Club P.L.C.', which has the registered company number SC004276, has not yet been dissolved, but will inevitably be liquidated due to unpaid debts."

OK I think I got it now cheers.

D&P have gave Charles Green permission to trade under the oldco's name at the moment using the oldco's logos and badges.

The oldco will change it's trading name next week so Charlie boy can then obtain the trading name and copyright images of the oldco.

So Charles Green will then trade under the oldco's name if D&P allow them too procure the copyrighted imaging ?.

:lol: now enters the majority shareholder in the oldco GIO DI STEFANO at the meeting to change the oldco's name to let Green acquire the oldco's trading images ! this will be fun ha ha.

Wasn't Seco Scotland what Sevco 5088 transferred Ibrox etc over to :unsure: ?

Was it? I knew Sevco 5088 was registered in England so all the Sevco Scotland stuff has me wondering.

Unless I'm mistaken, they don't need to change anything.

In theory, there's nothing to stop me setting up a company called Sevco 5089 Ltd., and trading under the name "The Football Club Rangers" or similar.

There is. Companies House wouldnt allow you to register those names and Sevco/Rangers would enforce removal or name change. (just like the parent company of Easyjet sucessfully (in most cases) did a few years ago with over 80 companies who used the name 'Easy' in their name

OK I think I got it now cheers.

D&P have gave Charles Green permission to trade under the oldco's name at the moment using the oldco's logos and badges.

The oldco will change it's trading name next week so Charlie boy can then obtain the trading name and copyright images of the oldco.

So Charles Green will then trade under the oldco's name if D&P allow them too procure the copyrighted imaging ?.

:lol: now enters the majority shareholder in the oldco GIO DI STEFANO at the meeting to change the oldco's name to let Green acquire the oldco's trading images ! this will be fun ha ha.

Argh. No that BBC article is bullshit. You'll note that it was posted over a month ago and there's has been no follow-up whatsoever. I'm putting it down to a slow news day and the YTS boy phoning round looking for something to submit to his boss.

Sevco are already trading as Rangers.

There would be if you attempted to pass it off as the business it's named similarly to, though.

Absolutely, I agree.

Unless I'm mistaken, the only people who could object to it currently would be Duff and Phelps, who are tied in with Green/Whyte/Ticketus etc.

No idea if BDO could once they take charge.

Was it? I knew Sevco 5088 was registered in England so all the Sevco Scotland stuff has me wondering.

Sevco 5088 appears to have been an off the shelf name which isn't uncommon. The transfer to Sevco Scotland was, as Charles Green has stated, to make whatever may arise a Scottish business entity

Edited by The Old Northerner

There is. Companies House wouldnt allow you to register those names and Sevco/Rangers would enforce removal or name change. (just like the parent company of Easyjet sucessfully (in most cases) did a few years ago with over 80 companies who used the name 'Easy' in their name

They're not registering it as a company though, they're merely using it as a 'trading name'.

The part that says there's no problem with it. There are in fact numerous problems with it. The fact that they will likely be overcome doesn't mean they don't exist.

Cool. We're making progress. Can we agree that I have posted an answer to those who say that the prohibition on business names is the problem and have shown that it is not the problem? Yes?

Super. Now, quid pro quo, can you explain what the problem is. It's not particularly convincing to say 'there are numerous problems' without explaining what those problems are. Genuine question, btw, my posts have been in response to those peddling pish about pheonix companies etc. If there's actually some other problem I haven't considered I'd be interested to hear what it is. That way we can all be better informed.

Sevco 5088 appears to have been an off the shelf name which isn't uncommon. The transfer to Sevco Scotland was, as Charles Green has stated, to make whatever may arise a Scottish business entity

Ah right. So the 'rangers assets' have been through two of his companies so far.

I thought Sevco Scotland was created to bring the whole thing under the umbrella of Scots law.

Something Green probably hadn't condidered at the start.

I also thought (do a lot of thinking, me) that the bold Gio only had one share.

Can't remember where I saw that, sorry.

Edited by cyderspaceman

If I opened a cafe with the company name "Chicken Wings Over Scotland", I still couldn't trade as "McDonalds" and put that name over the door.

You could if McDonalds gave you permission to use their name.

If I opened a cafe with the company name "Chicken Wings Over Scotland", I still couldn't trade as "McDonalds" and put that name over the door.

You could if McDonalds gave you permission to use their name.