Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

FFS i'm getting sick of idiots repeating shite.

It's not a Phoenix company if none of the original directors are involved (not proven yet that they are still involved)

There is no mandatory 3 years of accounts needed - it's optional

12 quid a ticket is NOT the maximum that D3 teams can charge.

Sevco were not relegated

This isn't just at you Hellbhoy, i'm just being a grumpy old bar steward :P

Everyone, please feel free to add to the list of myths being perpetuated.

Bravo sir.

FFS i'm getting sick of idiots repeating shite.

It's not a Phoenix company if none of the original directors are involved (not proven yet that they are still involved)

This isn't just at you Hellbhoy, i'm just being a grumpy old bar steward :P

Everyone, please feel free to add to the list of myths being perpetuated.

Actually ! if the newco becomes The Rangers football club Ltd in name with the liquidated companies copyright logos emblems and badges and trading from the same address location would you agree that this is now a phoenix version of the old company trading again regardless of directorship changes ?.

The HMRC strictly forbids any continuation of any liquidated company in any shape way or form to protect consumers,I'm no expert on liquidation laws but if Charles Green plays a Rangers team at Ibrox with the liquidated companies copyright images,badges and colours.Then I'm pretty much fucking sure that is a phoenix-ed Rangers team and nothing other than a continuation of the dead company trading again :blink:.

Any news on whether employees are being let go at Ibrox today?

Paddypower giving odds of 11/2 that Sevco dont win the 3rd division, and 5/1 on the Jags winning the 1st. A wee cheeky £10 double methinks. rolleyes.gif

Sorry but it`s been shown in the past (Gretna and Livvy) that the bottom leagues in Scotland can be won with not a lot of cash investment. The Sevco team that beat Albion Rovers at the weekend would walk the SPL3 and if the stories coming out of Greyskull of an average wage of £4 - £5k are in any way credible then they`ll still be able to attract SPL standard players.

The only question is if they are permitted to start the first game.

Actually ! if the newco becomes The Rangers football club Ltd in name with the liquidated companies copyright logos emblems and badges and trading from the same address location would you agree that this is now a phoenix version of the old company trading again regardless of directorship changes ?.

No. A company is only regarded as a "phoenix" in terms of not being able to use the old marks if some or all of the new directors were also involved in the oldco.

What, my "form" for repeatedly correcting your basic factual errors with accurate sourced information?

I must have missed your sources. If I recall correctly, you've been one of the guilty parties perpetuating the nonsense about sevco being unable to trade as Rangers. I've definitively disproved that one. You also suggested, I believe that sevco haven't bought the entire business undertaking of Rangers but instead have bought merely some assets with an intention of setting up an undertaking.

Did you make an attempt to substantiate these fallacies while I wasn't looking?

Edited by Pull My Strings

Sorry but it`s been shown in the past (Gretna and Livvy) that the bottom leagues in Scotland can be won with not a lot of cash investment. The Sevco team that beat Albion Rovers at the weekend would walk the SPL3 and if the stories coming out of Greyskull of an average wage of £4 - £5k are in any way credible then they`ll still be able to attract SPL standard players.

1. That's a VERY big "if", especially if sub-20,000 crowds are the norm at Ibrox.

2. There's more to getting players to sign for you than being able to pay them.

The HMRC strictly forbids any continuation of any liquidated company in any shape way or form to protect consumers,I'm no expert on liquidation laws but if Charles Green plays a Rangers team at Ibrox with the liquidated companies copyright images,badges and colours.Then I'm pretty much fucking sure that is a phoenix-ed Rangers team and nothing other than a continuation of the dead company trading again :blink:.

Neither am I, but I think this board does have some and I'm happy to listen to them and read the links they provide. I agree that it's a continuation (and a fcuking scandal like so much else in this mess) however, that does not necessarily mean that it meets the legal criteria of a phoenix company.

It's like the Whyte story in the DR today or the fact that MInty hasn't had the 4:00am door knock yet, incomprehensible to us 'normal' folk, but seems to make sense to the law

I must have missed your sources. If I recall correctly, you've been one of the guilty parties perpetuating the nonsense about sevco being unable to trade as Rangers. I've definitively disproved that one.

I'd love you to quote me on that. For months I've been saying on the blog what I've just said above - they CAN trade as "Rangers" in theory, but not yet. So you'll forgive me if I assume your "recall" is rather less than total.

Same reason they're not in the SPL despite buying RFC's SPL share...

The reason that they're not in the SPL is because the other members declined to transfer the oldco's stake. The reason that the company is not yet allowed to be called Rangers is because that name remains with the soon-to-be-liquidated company they can, however, trade under that name for the reasons I've already explained.

So, not the same reason at all.

Phoenix companies are not illegal, in fact they are encouraged and provided for in company law. The only, or the main, illegal aspect of a phoenix company occurs when the directors of the previous company 'phoenix' a new company with the main or sole aim of avoiding tax liability.

Newco IS a phoenix company in some ways. i.e they are trading at the same address, carrying on the same business., with many of the same employees. However they are not acting illegally doing that.

Havent a clue about images, logos, naming and branding. Shouldn't imagine it makes a whole lot of difference to anyone who matters(HMRC for example). I believe they may have to make some minor alterations but they will still be, quite clearly branded as Rangers FC and you'll hardly notice any difference in their logo or branding, and thats perfectly legal if approved by companies house.

HMRC certainly do not forbid phoenix companies. Its not their place or in their power to do so. They would only be concerned if the phoenix company was to have a commonality amongst the directorship, given that there is an massive unpaid tax liability involved.

Something else needs to be said here. Despite the wishes of the broad base of Scottish football fans, even if BDO were to walk into Ibrox tomorrow, liquidate the Oldco AND the Newco, re-possess the stadium, the car park and Murray Park and sell it to Tescos, the entity that is Rangers will not disappear for ever. No business with 100,000 potential customers a month willing to pay an average of £50 each a month, will disappear completely.

Edited by Only A Game !

Any news on whether employees are being let go at Ibrox today?

Paddypower giving odds of 11/2 that Sevco dont win the 3rd division, and 5/1 on the Jags winning the 1st. A wee cheeky £10 double methinks. rolleyes.gif

Canny open an account fae here :(

I'd love you to quote me on that. For months I've been saying on the blog what I've just said above - they CAN trade as "Rangers" in theory, but not yet. So you'll forgive me if I assume your "recall" is rather less than total.

Hmm, I would but you appear to have deleted the posts in question. The posts in your history jump from 9th July to yesterday at 13.18 but I could have sworn that contradicted me at half six in the morning either yesterday or the day before. How intriguing. I must investigate.

I'll apologise in advance in case I'm mistaken.

The reason that they're not in the SPL is because the other members declined to transfer the oldco's stake. The reason that the company is not yet allowed to be called Rangers is because that name remains with the soon-to-be-liquidated company they can, however, trade under that name for the reasons I've already explained.

Not yet they can't.

The point about the SPL share is that Charles Green DID buy it. The sale document quite explicitly says so, and the fact that he voted on behalf of the oldco at the SPL meeting in question rather backs that up. However, mere possession of the share doesn't entitle him to its privileges, which is why newco isn't in the SPL. Same goes for the other marks. Various legal procedures have to be gone through before Sevco can trade as Rangers, and while it's likely that they will be, they haven't yet. Try to get it through your skull, and argue with what I've actually said, rather than your own twisted and inaccurate version of it.

Hmm, I would but you appear to have deleted the posts in question. The posts in your history jump from 9th July to yesterday at 13.18 but I could have sworn that contradicted me at half six in the morning either yesterday or the day before. How intriguing. I must investigate.

I'll apologise in advance in case I'm mistaken.

I have deleted absolutely no posts here at any time. I'm sure any admin can confirm that.

http://www.rangers.c...article/2832728

Duff and Phelps, administrators of The Rangers Football Club plc (in administration) issued the following statement today.

"We have written to all shareholders of The Rangers Football Club plc (in administration) to provide notice of a general meeting of the Company to be held at Ibrox Stadium on July 31.

"The resolution to be put forward at that meeting is to change the name of the Company to RFC 2012 plc and there will be no other business on the day.

"This is a procedural measure in order for Sevco Scotland Limited - which acquired the business and assets of the Company from the administrators on June 14 - to change its name simultaneously to The Rangers Football Club Limited."

The club/company name changes have not yet taken place. wink.gif

http://www.rangers.c. ..article/2832728

Duff and Phelps, administrators of The Rangers Football Club plc (in administration) issued the following statement today.

"We have written to all shareholders of The Rangers Football Club plc (in administration) to provide notice of a general meeting of the Company to be held at Ibrox Stadium on July 31.

"The resolution to be put forward at that meeting is to change the name of the Company to RFC 2012 plc and there will be no other business on the day.

"This is a procedural measure in order for Sevco Scotland Limited - which acquired the business and assets of the Company from the administrators on June 14 - to change its name simultaneously to The Rangers Football Club Limited."

You've missed the point. Sevco are trading as Rangers, they don't need to rename the company to trade as Rangers. If they were prevented from calling the company Rangers (which is what has been suggested) then they would equally be prevented from trading as Rangers under the insolvency rules on reuse of company names. There is, however, no problem under those rules because sevco bought the entire undertaking from administrators.

The reason for what you have posted above is that the oldco needed to change it's name before the newco take the official company name and because there are notice requirements. Nothing to do with reusing company names/trading names.

http://www.rangers.c...article/2832728

To me that's phoenixing.

Both start with The Rangers Football Club.

http://www.rangers.c. ..article/2832728

So on 31/7

Rangers FC becomes RFC2012 plc

Sevco becomes The Rangers Football Club Ltd.

Correct? Brechin are not playing Rangers, they are to play Sevco.