Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

:huh: Well last season was put at £40M - the figure is in the article you yourself quoted - meaning £6M or so a game (although I'd be interested in the breakdown even of that).

I read an article in the papers a few years back by the then head of Strathclyde police.He quoted that the extra cost of policing a alone in the central belt in Scotland on OF match day games was around £5 million extra than normal to the tax payer.And the figure rose even more if it was a cup final or title decider game being played.You have to wonder the pitiful amount offered by the OF to police the area around the stadium.

Then you have to add in costs of court proceedings for offenders as well as any possible jail time given,factor in the costs from the emergency services ie ambulances and surgery and other injuries that where seen too.

I'm more inclined to double your estimate easily there adding all the other mitigating factors ongoing after a game has been played.Court costs,lawyers fees,hospital costs and any other cost attributed to an OF game.

Your £40 ticket if your are an OF fan could end up costing the tax payer hundreds of thousands of pounds if you was a trouble maker by the way the article read earlier :o.

Statement from Kelty Hearts website

The Stefan Winiarski Testimonial Match between Kelty Hearts and Rangers on Wednesday has been postponed to a later date due to the SFA not granting Rangers a licence to play any matches, friendlies or competitive.

Rangers have instructed us that an alternative date will be arranged very soon so all tickets and hospitality tickets are still valid for the match.

We are all gutted with all the work done sending tickets out etc, money spent and time put in by volunteers to make the night a great one, as you can imagine Stefan is also sick at this outcome.

Programmes have been printed, food ordered, marquee for hospitality etc. so a thanks must go to the SFA for having a negative impact on not only the top end of Scottish Football but lower end also.

^^^ Seething

Serves them right. Should have chose a reliable team like Ross County.

Your £40 ticket if your are an OF fan could end up costing the tax payer hundreds of thousands of pounds if you was a trouble maker by the way the article read earlier :o.

Big feckin deal................. say you are a QoS fan who goes upto Peterhead for a Cup tie, gets tired on the way back and crashes on the M90. Road closed, diversions, ambulances, cost to hualage firms, insurance claims, extra police, A+E, roadworkers, etc etc etc etc. Hundreds of thousands minimum.

It is called 'life'.

:huh: Well last season was put at £40M - the figure is in the article you yourself quoted - meaning £6M or so a game (although I'd be interested in the breakdown even of that).

You're making an assumption that it is based on 6-7 games. My reading was it was based on the four league fixtures, but it is vague. I'm not surprised at a figure as high as £10 million per game if all the potential costs are factored in. Equally a normal match involving Celtic will still be costly in policing and other social costs.

More utter shite from Traynor again.

For one I am actually relived it was a total shite from Traynor. f**k going over all that old Blue Knights ground again.

I wonder what Leggo will say about Traynor's reporting now.

You're making an assumption that it is based on 6-7 games. My reading was it was based on the four league fixtures, but it is vague. I'm not surprised at a figure as high as £10 million per game if all the potential costs are factored in. Equally a normal match involving Celtic will still be costly in policing and other social costs.

That's me telt aff again :(:lol:.

Apparently the head of Strathclyde police said the OF matches caused this much extra cash outwith any other game Rangers or Celtic had played on the same day at any other time of the year.

If they agree to the transfer ban, and the SFA don't really want to shoot them in the head, what would be an applicable penalty for the dual contracts (and EBTS?), as fines are going to be minimal or, if large, too onerous? Is prevention of promotion an option, i.e. restriction to Div 3 for 2-3 seasons?

Anything is possible I suppose and that makes it all the more mysterious that he would come back in for more at this particular point. Having said that, with the experience of the last 5 months we shouldn't be surprised at all.

Couple of days old pish........

I know it's not new news, however it's like someone has sat down and said. Things are going a bit to well here guys, how can we up the unscrupulous stakes again. I just hope they don't need a patio laid outside Ibrox. :rolleyes:

Well, suitable strips were discussed here a while back, ranging from orange boiler suits to white strips with convicts-style black arrows or black and white horizontal hoops. Maybe we could add shackles as well.

Have they not been shackled enough?

Brechin likely used that name and badge due to Sevco not giving out the new ones? :unsure:

But as a copyrighted image and a trademarked name, prior permission would need to have been saught from the owners, Duff & Phelps??

Or have they been a bit naughty and not got permission????

Costly re-printing of the tickets or a large 'donation' to Oldco - Rangers Football Club in the offing methinks.

Might be additional costs for Ramsdens as well, as sponsors of event???

So much for all the benefits of having them in the SFL,

Brechin won't be getting any for this.

does anyone think that in years to come we'll all be talking about Rangers in the same context as Queens Park ?! tongue.gif

You know, they used to win lots of trophies and play in front of big crowds but all that's left is a Club floundering in the lower reaches of the league in front of a few hundred people rattling around inside a big stadium ! biggrin.gif

More of a Renton I would guess http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Renton_F.C.

Queens Park are still going. :lol: