Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

No, the assets belonged to a PLC. The clue, as you say, is in that.

The club lost possession of the SPL share, not the company. The club lost it because of the actions of the company, granted, but there is a legal distinction between the club and the company, whether we want to accept it or not. That's not up for debate. Nobody has been relegated in this saga - the club or the company.

The club is not an asset of the company, the club is the company.

Instead of all this pish about agreeing a CVA, getting the shares from Craig Whyte etc, why not just buy the 'club' from the 'company' and leave the 'company behind'?

Because it's impossible, they are one and the same thing.

The club was formed as a private members association, and incorporated in 1899. The club is the company, and that is what is being liquidated.

Some follow up to last night's discussion on this thread...

Chris McLaughlin @BBCchrismclaug

On the back of my piece last night, a few people asking why SPL should have anything to do with #Rangers #SFA membership application...

All 5 parties agreed everything should be packaged together instead of bilateral/trilateral agreements...

So SPL to deal with EBT's, SFA with appellate tribunal and SFL to deliver#Rangers into Div 3 etc. Not going according to plan though.

Instead of all this pish about agreeing a CVA, getting the shares from Craig Whyte etc, why not just buy the 'club' from the 'company' and leave the 'company behind'?

The club was formed as a private members association, and incorporated in 1899. The club is the company, and that is what is being liquidated.

That's precisely what happened.

Not sure if revenue from media contracts would be considered as "Assets". Just as Associate Members are entitled to their share of the Settlement money. Hope I'm wrong though..rolleyes.gif

I suspect that's the case. As I recall, when Ross County joined the league, initially we were given associate membership status, which basically meant we couldn't vote but still got what little cash came from TV, etc.

Sally and Sardine's atitudes in this whole farce have pretty much echoed the club's general attitude over many years.

How dare another team up their game against us.

We demand to be in the Champions League every season.

It's all the SPL/SFA's fault we are out of europe at the first hurdle to a team of posties, doctors, librarians, school teachers.

We will sing our songs because the police aren't going to arrest 30,000 fans doing so.

We won't pay our taxes or tell the SFA about second contracts. What they gonna do about it anyway, we are rangers!!!!

etc, etc, etc.

These two clowns are still living under the myth that they are untouchable, with the only defence they can come up with being, "But we are Rangers."

Jardine should have been punted on day one of administration, and it will be interesting to see what happens on monday as on Off the Ball yesterday it was mentioned that on monday a number of non playing staff at the club were going to be given their jotters. Surely club ambassador what be high on the list?

As for Sally he is probably a very lucky guy to still be at the club. If rangers hadn't went into administration and he fucked up the league like he did then the fans (as they did do early on) would be calling for his head. The chances are that this season if they were in the SPL (still as OldCo and this disgrace hadn't happened) he would prove yet again he hasn't got a clue what he is doing, and would be sacked. Legend or not.

wink.gif Excellent post!

Precisely!

Rangers Football Club PLC (1873-2012) cheated their way to trophies etc and will be liquidated, which will end their tainted history.

The Rangers Football Club (Sevco Scotland 5088, 2012-present) are a new entity and have won nothing, they have just bought Ibrox and Murray Park and have also bought the old club badge.

Am I right?

Not sure if revenue from media contracts would be considered as "Assets". Just as Associate Members are entitled to their share of the Settlement money. Hope I'm wrong though..rolleyes.gif

Point readily accepted. More lawyery, nit picking , never anticipated this, kinda stuff.

Edited by cyderspaceman

Hmm, so Div 3 has had sone reconstruction then and expanded to 12 teams, when did that happen?

If you're going to make a point, at least get the basics right!

So I can't be bothered feigning enough interest in the SFL structure to find out how many teams are in the 3rd division, sue me. All you've done is highlight another example of SFL greed triumphing over sporting integrity. While they bleat about league expansion at the top, they keep the door firmly bolted at the bottom to protect their share of the cake.

Doncaster, Regan and a pressure group led by traynor?

Remind me which positions those chaps hold in the SFL orginisation. <_<

Why didn't the SFL invite applications for the vacant league place?

There was NO vacant place. The SFL had 30 teams in it. The SPL would not elect one of them up into become Club 12 until the SFL had put Sevco in one of its leagues.

Unfortunately for the SPL, it wasn't the league they wanted them put in.

Alex Thomson's View (Latest): http://blogs.channel...x-tribunal/2359

I don't doubt that justice is being done as to whether Rangers FC's tax arrangements were in order. But I have very serious doubts that justice is being seen to be done and the taxpayers are owed an explanation.
Edited by Itwiznaeme

So I can't be bothered feigning enough interest in the SFL structure to find out how many teams are in the 3rd division, sue me. All you've done is highlight another example of SFL greed triumphing over sporting integrity. While they bleat about league expansion at the top, they keep the door firmly bolted at the bottom to protect their share of the cake.

Remind me which positions those chaps hold in the SFL orginisation. <_<

If you're going to troll get your own material.