Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

McCoist said that they haven't agreed to the transfer ban although the SFA said they have so they are still a long way to agreeing to entry terms.

He also has said he may quit if they are stripped of titles .wouldnt that look like just an excuse to walk away.totally loyal ally :lol:

Sorry, that reply was courtesy of the father-in-law's cat. Not my cat you understand, he's quite erudite.

I've been trying to get my avatar ,Denis, interested in this thread but it's not fishy enough for him.

I'm trawling.

Where's my soo'wester?

I stopped reading this thread when it was confirmed division 3 for Sevco, what have I missed? Anyone fancy summarising?

Sevco want Rangers' SFA membership. SFA say Aye but you'll need to take on Rangers' responsibilities which include a year long transfer ban, repay all monies owed and a possible stripping of 5 titles.

Rangers say Naw we don't want that. We want to make up our own conditions.

McCoist is still a c**t.

The SPL want the TV rights to Rangers' 3rd division games.

Whyte is back in business ironically as a debt collector.

How on earth does The Big Chair's obvious trolling still get bites?

Well played

:lol:

Quite agree. I think he's either a raging alcoholic who has lucid moments or is drugged up, either voluntarily or by court order, and occasionally avoids his meds with a similar result.

Mind you if MJ was the chairman of the club I supported alcohol or drugs would seem a decent alternative to reality.

BTW why are you not posting in the various Dundee related threads? They seem to be populated by a range of intelligent and erudite individuals with a keen insight into this game that we love so much.

Let's twist again, like we've been doing all summer:

http://wingsland.pod...did-all-summer/

Great article but am I the only one that is completely bamboozled by the fact that a club that has, or is about to be liquidated can start up with the same or very similar name. Thats not what the female legal eagle said on Newsnight a month or so back. She was catigorical that they couldnt use the name "Rangers" or "The Rangers" as it was too close to the bust company and it didnt represent the area that the club plied its trade and once BDO were in place the first thing they would do is tell Sevco that!

If it's true that Ally has said he'll walk away if the club are stripped of titles, then could it be that he's really just looking for a way out because he can't be bothered managing a weak Sevco 5088 in the third division?

Great article but am I the only one that is completely bamboozled by the fact that a club that has, or is about to be liquidated can start up with the same or very similar name. Thats not what the female legal eagle said on Newsnight a month or so back. She was catigorical that they couldnt use the name "Rangers" or "The Rangers" as it was too close to the bust company and it didnt represent the area that the club plied its trade and once BDO were in place the first thing they would do is tell Sevco that!

A company is about to be liquidated, not the club. After that company is liquidated the new company is likely to take over its name.

A company is about to be liquidated, not the club. After that company is liquidated the new company is likely to take over its name.

I am even more bamboozled now!!! Time to head up to Firhill to hopefully see us lift the cup!!

Something which plainly isn't in the interests of the old company's creditors, who would be displeased with an entity that tries as hard as possible to convince people that it was an institution with 130 years of history but without paying any of its massive accumulated debt. Which is why Companies House has rules preventing that, and all other clubs have been expected by their respective governing bodies to abide by those rules in the sporting context.

It's looking increasingly likely that should Sevco actually end up deigning to grace the Third Division they will do so using the name Rangers F.C., a crest they bought in a fire sale, and in royal blue strips (although they may be so gracious as to sew on their Irn Bru patches). But that would be a total exception to the norm, and for the single solitary reason that the governing body is weak and corrupt.

Edited by Thumper

And that one appeared to be over a technicality over signing and dating the right places, not deliberately misleading and lying to the authorities!

Does nobody at the SFA check these documents when they are submitted,

in order to point out any clerical errors? Not doing their job properly imo.

Seems harsh.

Also, is this request by the SFA for clubs to 'fess up to any dual contracts,

just an excuse to enable them to say " They are all doing it, we'll call it quits"?