Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

After all the SPL is the only one with nothing at stake in this game so have nothing to lose by dragging it out.

Spot on. Dongcaster was desperate to have them in the SPL but now they're gone , they don't matter anymore.

Why didn't the SFL invite applications for the vacant league place?

It's a good question, but if your looking for greed & corruption stories i don't think you can look any further than the SPL or SFA, this shite that is newco was dumped, quite literally, on the sfl's doorstep.

Serious questions (I`ll play ball even if I think you`re trolling)......................

Would the SPL prefer Sevco in the league in three years time or no Sevco at all?

What would be the best option for the business model?

What possibly makes you think the SPL would let Sevco die?

What guarantee is there that Sevco will still exist in three years time? This is about the here and now. The SFL chairmen jumped at the opportunity to make a quick buck from Sevco. The SPL are attempting to exploit that greed by threatening to hold the process up. What's so difficult to understand about that?

Now how about answering the question about the vacant league place?

Why don't Newco win friends and influence people by stating they will be remaining in the SFL and the SPL clubs are welcome to join them.

What possibly makes you think the SPL would let Sevco die?

Gilmour said that the financial worries of some of the SPL clubs was down to the suddeness of RFC not being in the SPL and if they had known for definite a year ago all would be well 'cos all the clubs would have budgeted accordingly. With the clubs now budgeting for a Rangers free SPL for years to come , then we really don't need them back , ever !

It's a fact. If the SFL chairmen weren't so desperate to have Sevco in their league the SPL wouldn't have them over a barrel.

That's utter nonsense. Sevco are not wanted in the SFL believe me, the fact they were voted in does not equate to the chairmen being "desperate" to have them there.

It's a good question, but if your looking for greed & corruption stories i don't think you can look any further than the SPL or SFA, this shite that is newco was dumped, quite literally, on the sfl's doorstep.

That might be pertinent if I'd ever tried to absolve those structures of guilt for their sins, but I haven't. The SPL and SFA are greedy for money and power by nature, but that doesn't mean the SFL can attempt to claim the moral high ground when they're guilty of the same sins.

You say Sevco was dumped in your laps, it wasn't. The problem about filling a vacant league space was and you chose money over sporting integrity.

That's utter nonsense. Sevco are not wanted in the SFL believe me, the fact they were voted in does not equate to the chairmen being "desperate" to have them there.

Why weren't applications invited for the vacant SFL place then?

Gilmour said that the financial worries of some of the SPL clubs was down to the suddeness of RFC not being in the SPL and if they had known for definite a year ago all would be well 'cos all the clubs would have budgeted accordingly. With the clubs now budgeting for a Rangers free SPL for years to come , then we really don't need them back , ever !

If Celtic moved to the SFL tomorrow the SPL would be as irrelevant as it made the SFL.

That might be pertinent if I'd ever tried to absolve those structures of guilt for their sins, but I haven't. The SPL and SFA are greedy for money and power by nature, but that doesn't mean the SFL can attempt to claim the moral high ground when they're guilty of the same sins.

You say Sevco was dumped in your laps, it wasn't. The problem about filling a vacant league space was and you chose money over sporting integrity.

Money ?...where is this money you speak of ?

The sfl were put under intense pressure from the "big boys" to let newco in, even though they have very little chance of actually starting the season.

And just remember who will lose out most from the death of rangers & newco, the SPL clubs that's who, i dont think you'll find many sfl chairmen crying when that happens.

that is the case for debt free clubs. for clubs that are attempting to pay down debts - killie, united, aberdeen, hearts, celtic - they need a decent tv deal.

personally i think the likes of motherwell, st mirren and ICT would be playing a risky game even if we manage to break even on a low income. if you cut back too much staganation is inevitable.

I stopped reading this thread when it was confirmed division 3 for Sevco, what have I missed? Anyone fancy summarising?

Aye. There's doubt that they'll be able to get off the starting blocks at all.

It will become clearer this week.

Ally says he won't accept anything he doesn't like the look of, so they'll be fine.

That's it.