Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

hope the SFL play hardball here but accept the SPL's request (bear with me)

they should say they want a cut of the SPL's tv deal for the life of the SPL

now i understand the settlement agreement is technically that but it seems to have a maximum of £2m

they should use this as a chance to renegotiate that fact and have a cut of the TV deal on top of this settlement agreement

Still confused why SPL is involved in SFA membership situation.

Indeed. Although we now know exactly what the SPL's game is, we're none the wiser as to why they get any say in the matter whatsoever. Really frustrating as an onlooker.

I presume there will be a bit of give and take here - as to reach this stage the SPL must be desperate. I wonder if the SPL are dangling any carrots in front of the SFL to make this happen (e.g., playoffs), or whether it's just threats of non payment of the settlement.

honestly I donnt care any more about sevco, f.f.fs. they are doomed and it is boring the tits aff me

but clearly not enough to prevent you logging on, hitting this thread, and telling us how you feel about it biggrin.gif

Edited by Huistrinho

now i understand the settlement agreement is technically that but it seems to have a maximum of £2m

Not quite, but it effectively comes to the same thing... it's claimed to be £1.5M (figure in 1998) rising with or slightly above RPI/inflation.

Doesn't happen. SFL have an agreement from 1998 that they will provide a team to the SPL and receive a team from the SPL every year. For this agreement, the SFL receives a fee from the SPL. This agreement was the only way that the SPL could be formed at the time and the amount of the fee is not directly related to the TV monies but to the total income of the SPL regardless of source.

Lest you forget that the SPL was formed to ensure that the SPL clubs could divi up the TV money amongst themselves. The SFL should be doing this in the same way as they have historically with BBC Alba

Ohh yes. I know the theory I'm just suggesting ( guessing ) what spl will cite as a reason as I'm sure they will have to offer one

I no longer understand why anyone would be prepared to watch SPL football. The whole thing is a corrupt shambles from top to bottom. The more they and the SFA say, the worse they become.

Rangers are guilty of many things on a grand scale but those running the show no longer have an ounce of credibility.

Indeed.

The SFA, SPL, and SFl have bent over backward to try to influence public opinion that

i) Rangers FC (IA) aren't being liquidated

ii) Rangers FC (IA) are still a football club and that

iii) Sevco Scotland Ltd. are actually the now defunct Rangers FC (IA).

Corrupt to the core, Regan, Longmuir, Doncaster, Ogilvie and Ballantyne all need to either resign, or be removed.

Do all 5 parties (SFA/SPL/SFL/newco/oldco) not have to agree for Rangers to get their license?

I can see lots of posturing all the way to Friday, then for a 'last ditch agreement' to be reached between all 5 parties.

I think the SPL are chancing their arm a bit here, which is pretty horrendous fair, but I can understand why they are. The SFL might well 'cave' at the thought of not having the cash cow of Sevco being provided with their license.

Edited by Kyle

Ohh yes. I know the theory I'm just suggesting ( guessing ) what spl will cite as a reason as I'm sure they will have to offer one

Most of the current SPL members are the members who split in 1998... the SPL itself is the organisation formed in 1998. They shouldn't have signed a Perpetual Agreement if they didn't intend to stick to it.

The SFL might well 'cave' at the thought of not having the cash cow of Sevco not being provided with their license.

Good point. The question remains though: why are the SPL involved in the decision to grant an SFA license to an SFL team?

I think the SPL are chancing their arm a bit here, which is pretty horrendous fair, but I can understand why they are. The SFL might well 'cave' at the thought of not having the cash cow of Sevco not being provided with their license.

Holding to ransom, morelike.

Good point. The question remains though: why are the SPL involved in the decision to grant an SFA license to an SFL team?

That's the question needing asked.

Edited by HibeeJibee

Lets be clear on 2 things.

[1] SFL doesn't get a share of SPL TV rights... it gets a fee agreed in 1998 to allow it to breakaway without 2yr notice, and to continue promotion-relegation thereafter. SPL's perfectly able to pay it with income from returning jam jars, if they liked.

[2] formally there doesn't seem any rational reason why SPL should have a veto over who can/can't hold SFA or SFL membership.

Those are the facts.

Haha those are not facts.

You said there dosnt SEEM any reason , that's not stating facts I could equally say there Does SEEM to be a valid reason the spl should be allowed to veto a club from sfl

Ie if spl said they didn't want rangers cause they're cheats and banned from our league for life then sfl would have to take this on board Incase the club ever one 1st division and spl said they weren't accepting them

THAT'S a valid reason for spl to get a say on sfl membership applicants.

Because they say so...?

Presumably only reason SPL want SFL's rights, not just see SFL sell direct, is so SPL can cream-off some.

Why are the SFL involved in the decision to grant an SFA license would be just as pertinent a question.

user_green.pngeosmhdo

• Richard Gough
  • star2.gif

• Group:True Blue
  • Topics:35
  • Rep:90

Posted Today, 12:40 PM

Tells it like it is does our Ally. hail.gif

If you tell the truth people will back you and respect you.

Ally leads the way in honesty and dignity.

Wish there was more like him in this saga."

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

I used to quite like McCoist but he's turned out to be an utter fud during all of this - the fact that the RM guys are lapping up his guff shows how deluded they are wacko.gif

Edited by Ned Nederlander

Holding to ransom, morelike.

It's like a game of chicken. If the SFL/SFA don't cave before Friday, I can see the SPL softening their position quite considerably. None of the bodies want 'Rangers' out of the league. If 'Rangers' accept from their position, the SFA/SFL/SPL will find a compromise somewhere. I really don't see the bodies being the death of Sevco. Sevco on the other hand...

Most of the current SPL members are the members who split in 1998... the SPL itself is the organisation formed in 1998. They shouldn't have signed a Perpetual Agreement if they didn't intend to stick to it.

Yes but I think it's a bit of huffy dummy spitting by spl saying you sfl dudes demanded a cut of our money because we were gettin a big tv deal so now that you guys are getting an unexpected huge tv deal of your own then we want a share of that. I'm not suggesting they will get it I imagine it's just a bit of posturing and point making