Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

It was the company which defrauded the tax and was in debt to the tune of £140m. That company is dead, the shareholders have lost their investments and the parties responsible for any legal wrongdoing are being investigated. The football team has been denied entry into the SPL and the First Division and has been hit with a significant sporting sanction, with more to come.

The company has been wound up and the assets have been sold off to pay the creditors.

You're all over the place. Who is your problem with: the business or the team? The sins were largely committed by the business and that business is dead. The team benefitted from those sins and are being punished accordingly.

Let's say it was Motherwell, or Dundee or St. Mirren who had committed these financial sins - would there really have been such an appetitie for their absolute destruction?

Dundee Utd? Are you sure?

The team has NOT been punished accordingly - simply handed a meaningless point deduction (automatic for going into administration) and an unpaid fine (for bringing the country even MORE shame)

. Or do you mean the new team? The one which has been granted admittance to the SFL with none of the requisite criteria fulfilled, even SFA membership?

I really think you want to think what "punishment" means. It does not mean "preferential treatment to ameliorate the effect of constrictions caused by a team's own misbehaviour."

Let's say it was Motherwell, or Dundee or St. Mirren who had committed these financial sins - would there really have been such an appetitie for their absolute destruction?

If Motherwell, Dundee or St Mirren had been liquidated, their "newco" would probably not have been granted entry into the SFL. Airdrieonians is a precedent for that.

There wouldn't need to be as that would just have happened as a matter of course.

I don't think so. Nobody would have lobbied for them to remain in the SPL or try to shoe-horn them into the First but I think a newco Motherwell would have been accepted into the Third. I would certainly hope so.

Just got back from the Headbangers' Convention that is RM. Can't believe I've lasted so long over there. It really is hard work spouting out shit on a daily basis just to keep up with the numbskulls. However, with a reputation of +50 I should be able to keep going a bit longer. How are other infiltrators doing? :ph34r:

I only lasted a week or two before I had to let rip.

It was a novelty but I really don't want to do it again.

Edited by cyderspaceman

If the SFL see new Rangers as a continuation of the old one, why were they in the League Cup draw today, and why were they unseeded? Isn't seeding based on the previous year's finish?

Rangers currently don't have that continuity as SFA membership hasn't yet been transferred.

Potentially they should then become a seed in R2 + R3 if they progress, but I suspect they won't be as they "started-out" the cup as 42nd.

EDIT: Also to go back to Clydebank for a moment... obviously the 2 scenarios aren't the same as Clydebank were bought-over, relocated and renamed. However SFL regards Airdrie Utd as Clydebank, yes.

Edited by HibeeJibee

C'mon guys, a little perspective here. People were panicking that they would sneak back into the SPL not too long ago. Then it looked that they would be jammed into the first... Didn't happen. After the court of sessions the disrepute charge was going to turn into a mere cup ban - again, didn't happen.

If you all were told in February that Rangers would be playing in the Third with only a month in which to build a squad using an SPL focused scouting team to identify SFL players to be acquired with very shaky finances before a two window transfer ban kicked in you wouldn't have believed it. I certainly wouldn't have.

They may very well die off the pitch due to running costs and Investor problems. They may very well struggle on the pitch. Regardless, their liquidation and comprehensive humiliation is a fact and won't change.

If Motherwell, Dundee or St Mirren had been liquidated, their "newco" would probably not have been granted entry into the SFL. Airdrieonians is a precedent for that.

Fair enough. I'd like to hope that you're wrong but we're just putting opinions out there.

FWIW I'd say that what Airdrie subsequently got away with was far more distasteful than simply admitting them to the 3rd division so you can read that precedent either way.

That's a shame - losing the history was one of the things that seemed to hurt the most !

so they are now, effectively, the same club - 'Rangers' - with all the history, including the history the gained against clubs that were 'paying their way' just the debts gone and they are in the third ?

That's no that bad - hardly a deterrent for other clubs !!

I just can't get my head round this - if Rangers F.C. (oldco) are going to be liquidated shortly, and The Rangers F.C. (newco) are coming into being, I can't for the life of me see how you can transfer 'history'.

If a clubs liquidated, it's liquidated, short and simple. how on earth can you transfer anything other than the so-called 'share' ?

I don't get it but probably the SFA and oldco/newco understand it all.

Really, Is this what we've become? If you're not part of the lynch mob you must be one of them.

Dont you understand anything?

If you're not part of the lynch mob you must be one of them , or one of the media, or an SPL/SFL chairman, or an SFA executive or a potential asset stripper investor or just plain bonkers (see Gio or Bomber).

Sheeeesh :rolleyes:

^ Bullshit! ^

The Truth is...

The business cheated to benefit the team/club - simple fact.

All the wrongdoing that the business participated in was to benefit the team/club. Simple fact.

Rangers new owner Charles Green faces company name problems - http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/18509619

Calm down son. Pretty sure that's what I said. The company committed the sins and the team benefitted. The company is now dead (formal process pendiing) and the team is carrying over related sanctions). It's silly however to suggest that the team should have been killed entirely. Should Juve have been killed following their match-fixing shenanigans? Marseille? etc (it's a long list I'm sure).

The company name problem story is more than a month old and is nonsense. There are some prohibitions on re-using trading names but there are exceptions and one of those exceptions is where the business is sold as a going concern by administrators. I explained all this about 1500 pages back if you can be arsed looking (including a link to the relevant statutory provisions, I believe).

Fair enough. I'd like to hope that you're wrong but we're just putting opinions out there.

FWIW I'd say that what Airdrie subsequently got away with was far more distasteful than simply admitting them to the 3rd division so you can read that precedent either way.

Airdrieonians died never to return, It was shocking what the SFA & SFL allowed to happen to Clydebank

Yes but a lot of that horrible shit isn't directly related to this current episode. It takes a lot to make me sympathise with those horrible kunts (and I'm nowhere near there yet) but, equally, this current blood lust just seems a little hysterical.

Ha ha, you said currant!

Seriously, do you think anyone just turned round in the last few weeks/months and said "D'ye know, I've just decided I hate rangers"?

I have hated rangers since the day I was told that I was less than "the peepul" simply because of the school I went to. I turned away from the other Ugly Sister at the same time - even at five years old, I didn't want to be one of the "with us or against us" brigade. Obviously I couldn't articulate why at that age, but some things just always seem wrong. My team have seen years of famine and years of relative feats, but they've always been a FOOTBALL club - nothing more, nothing less.

As I grew up and matured, it became more and more obvious I had made the right choice. The only Scottish grounds where I have felt in real fear were the temples of bigotry. The only violence I suffered at a football match was when rangers visited RP. Outside of my personal experience, rangers continued to spread shame whenever they left our borders - even for so-called "friendly" matches. How many football fans would choose to riot on the night their team won their biggest trophy?

In my youth, to be honest, the green Sisters appeared to be better ambassadors for our country - although the bar was set pretty damn low. The celtic of my youth were, in all honesty, an exciting team to watch and their fans (bar the eedjits who followed EVERY team in those days) appeared to enjoy themselves on their travels rather than treat away trips as invasions of enemy territory.

In recent years, things have taken a turn for the worse. Both celtic and rangers have built their joint enterprise on an encouragement of bigotry - for all the lip service paid to "initiatives" and "campaigns", they both knew where the money was. Yes, both. From joint statements of their intent to leave Scottish football, to the decades of joint sponsorship deals, their relationship is one of incestuous self-interest.

The best hope for Scotland is that, even if it does not deservedly die, the blue half will be far enough removed from their green partners for long enough that both their acolytes may start to follow their sides for footballing reasons or, in the case of the "minorities", drift away from the game in confusion, not knowing who they're supposed to hate anymore. It won't stop sectarianism in Scotland, but it will dim the two biggest beacons which attract the scum.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I really have to get back on there. Unfuckingbelievable

No8,(nice No8) it must be difficult to support your team (I deliberately don't say 'club')

and at the same time dissociate yourself from a large body of the support.

I genuinely hope that there really exists a "decent" Rangers support, for the future of fitba'.

I have one "rangers" pal, a good friend, who has a similar views to you.

I hope you guys prevail.

Pished, so being honest.

eta he's not my only pal, before any c***s start.

Ha ha, you said currant!

Seriously, do you think anyone just turned round in the last few weeks/months and said "D'ye know, I've just decided I hate rangers"?

I have hated rangers since the day I was told that I was less than "the peepul" simply because of the school I went to. I turned away from the other Ugly Sister at the same time - even at five years old, I didn't want to be one of the "with us or against us" brigade. Obviously I couldn't articulate why at that age, but some things just always seem wrong. My team have seen years of famine and years of relative feats, but they've always been a FOOTBALL club - nothing more, nothing less.

As I grew up and matured, it became more and more obvious I had made the right choice. The only Scottish grounds where I have felt in real fear were the temples of bigotry. The only violence I suffered at a football match was when rangers visited RP. Outside of my personal experience, rangers continued to spread shame whenever they left our borders - even for so-called "friendly" matches. How many football fans would choose to riot on the night their team won their biggest trophy?

In my youth, to be honest, the green Sisters appeared to be better ambassadors for our country - although the bar was set pretty damn low. The celtic of my youth were, in all honesty, an exciting team to watch and their fans (bar the eedjits who followed EVERY team in those days) appeared to enjoy themselves on their travels rather than treat away trips as invasions of enemy territory.

In recent years, things have taken a turn for the worse. Both celtic and rangers have built their joint enterprise on an encouragement of bigotry - for all the lip service paid to "initiatives" and "campaigns", they both knew where the money was. Yes, both. From joint statements of their intent to leave Scottish football, to the decades of joint sponsorship deals, their relationship is one of incestuous self-interest.

The best hope for Scotland is that, even if it does not deservedly die, the blue half will be far enough removed from their green partners for long enough that both their acolytes may start to follow their sides for footballing reasons or, in the case of the "minorities", drift away from the game in confusion, not knowing who they're supposed to hate anymore. It won't stop sectarianism in Scotland, but it will dim the two biggest beacons which attract the scum.

You hate Rangers, I get it. Thanks for sharing.

Really, Is this what we've become? If you're not part of the lynch mob you must be one of them.

If you're genuinely interested why don't you go back through my previous posts. I don't have anything to hide.

I will vouch for Pull My Strings, he's an Arab of fine standing for the years i've been posting on here.

We need to move on or get bogged down in an unwinnable battle against a clearly biased system. I intend to refer to Sevco as cheats from now on and will never let them forget it.

Presumably the dual-contract findings will see them expelled regardless of the appellate decision. Won't it? WON'T IT?!?!

Edited by Fife Saint