Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Unless further sanctions hit them their fate is in their own hands. If they come up with the necessary money they survive: if not they die. That way they can blame nobody but themselves. It's working out rather nicely.

They've already died once! They will never be allowed to really die. They killed themselves by cheating in the extreme yet still the authorities bend over backwards to bring them and their disgraceful past back to life. They are the cockroaches of football. Nothing will get rid of them.

As I say , I hope I'm proved wrong but iv been brought up in an era when rangers get EVERY break going from penelty decisions to sfa delaying registration of their main challengers to having one of their own supporters running the line during an old firm title decider

Right back to my earliest memories wondering why rangers fans always got the covered end at hampden no matter who they are playing can you blame me for suspecting they may soon be back on top smelling of roses ?

Oh I fully get your cynicism but even they can't break the basic fundamental facts of arithmetic ....they're more fecked than thon Jordan

Speak for yourself, I want them dead and gone forever.

Awesome, I want a diamond swimming pool but I won't pretend it's unfair when I wake up tomorrow and it's not there.

You probably need to distinguish between what you want and what it's reasonable to expect. It'll do your mental health a power of good.

Surely Green's agenda was nothing more than:

1. Spend £5mil

2. Sell a few players for cash

3. Make instant profit

4. Float club

5. Make big profit

6. f**k off south again

However the SFL3 option and the players walking free of transfer fee must have put that plan back 5 years or more. So the question is will he hang about for the big profit or will he sell to blue minded Scots for a quick few quid.

Putting aside all the other things off the field that could doom them, I'm thinking SevCo is looking at a tough panicky transfer window. They have to assemble a team that can last a season and a half without senior reinforcement and will be looking ahead to one season in the third and hoping for the next in the second.

Given that they won't be able to directly replace a player who demands a transfer or is out of contract at the end of this season, they have to think very hard about the core of the team and make tough decisions fast. Do you sell Wallace now to get a slightly depressed valuation that you can at least reinvest or risk him walking when the glories of the Third pale? Extend contracts on youngsters now?

They definitely will need to assemble a core of lower league chep and cheerful warhorses, but they don't have much time to do so. I'm sure the Ibrox staff is smart and more realistic than the RM mob, but how much experience do they have in Identifying 28 year old center halves who can do the business on a cold rainy day in Berwick rather than the Euro qualifiers? Will McCoist be able to fill out an entire squad without the normal chance to build up scouting dossiers, etc. in the time available?

Could be interesting.

Stlll a long road back for the Sevco Works XI - aside from all the stuff we have been discussing recently (Cost of Ibrox/Murray Park, staff costs, players who did transfer over, low ST sales, £12 Div 3 ticket price, blah, blah de blah) - they still have to 'sit out' two transfer windows. They can do the best they can just now in that regard, but if they do win Div 3, and don't go bust before doing it, then the embargo kicks in. Div 2 teams will be better, and a Div 1 team will have dropped down. Will be tough for them at this point, if it seems that they have dodged it immediately, it still needs faced.

They might still do a Third Lanark, it just might be dragged out a bit.

You probably need to distinguish between what you want and what it's reasonable to expect.

I don't see what is unreasonable about expecting that a football club which has massively defrauded the taxpayer, is in debt to the tune of £140M, and which has possibly at least a decades worth of cheating, should no longer exist.

It should be wound up, and the assets sold off to pay the creditors. Not eased back into business by the football authorities.

Edited by Broccoli Dog

I wouldn't fret too much about the history angle. Most of them have exhausted their argument after mentioning the 54 titles. I can remember speaking to Rangers supporters in 2010 who had only a vague recollection of the 2009 Scottish Cup final. I know more about their history than they do and I don't even like them.