Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

One thing that no-one seems to have picked up on.......

Look at the lists of seeded and unseeded clubs for the League Cup first round draw. If you were an unseeded club wanting to progress what would you want? Perhaps you would be wanting a home tie against the 15th seed (There were 30 clubs in the draw, so 15th seeds are nominally the weakest)

Guess who were unseeded, and got a home tie against East Fife, who were the 15th seeds?

That was lucky, eh!

If East Fife can win at Pittodrie I'm sure they can take care of Sevco.

Regardless of the rights and wrongs of the embargo, I think it's pretty scandalous that they're allowed to transfer the old membership. If a club's liquidated, the membership should go with them. A new membership should be the only option for phoenix clubs.

Can anyone be CERTAIN nexts years window runs to sept 2nd and dosnt end on aug 30th I can't imagine anyone was brave / stupid / bullish enough to intentionally pull such a stroke.

Is one day enough to register a bunch of players ? I assume they can do most of the work during the ban then simply need to register on the final day ?

You get past the last defender,you're now 1 on 1 with the keeper.You round the keeper and have an empty goal gaping,you let fly with a shot,only to see it go flying high over the bar into the crowd.

This is how we must feel at the effort put into getting shot of them once and for all.We had did everything right apart from finishing it off.The transfer embargo is a joke,it allows them to get their selves set up for the next few years with players who can get to and even win in the 1st.Chuck will have the money coming in from somewhere,i just have this horrible gut feeling on it.Then we will have to eat humble pie as they gloat their way back to the top,with now what looks like them keeping their history as they accepted the terms put down to them.

So it looks like it was a nice try son,but move along now....don't call us we'll call you.

1sept -31 August. How the fig does this even equate to integrity........................the original sanction was cos you had done bad and were untrustworthy.

BUT NOW YOU ARE TRUSTWORTHY UNTIL 31 AUGUST SO FILL YER BOOTS

PISH

They still have to pay the wages and NI of anyone they sign between now and 1/9, plus VAT, plus elec, plus upkeep of Ibrox plus wages of existing staff, plus, plus, plus. Bust by Xmas. :)

Loss of titles could've happened whethered they'd accepted the conditions around transferring membership or not.

As regards this evening's news... it strikes me as an OK outcome for all parties in the circumstances.

It means everyone can get on with the season. It means Rangers haven't trumped the football rules through use of the law courts, albeit the fact that the ruling was found illegal should provide momentum to tighten-up the rules for the future. It allows Rangers to keep their history which is what all their fans want, but without avoiding sanction liability. And they fulfil 1yr transfer embargo as original tribunal felt appropriate.

Reasonable outcome there for everyone.

Yes, that's pretty much how I see it, so long as the Double Contract verdict gets announced and appropriate sanctions are put in place ie stripping the relevant honours.

Bit disappointing though that they'll probably now manage to put together a strong enough squad to walk the 3rd division. They don't need money for transfer fees, just for wages. Even if they average 5-6000, they'll still make a lot more money than the others. The fact that they're Rangers should also attract some decent, but brain-dead lower league players. If they get to the starting line over the next couple of weeks, they'll probably do well in their league.

They still have to pay the wages and NI of anyone they sign between now and 1/9, plus VAT, plus elec, plus upkeep of Ibrox plus wages of existing staff, plus, plus, plus. Bust by Xmas. :)

I slightly suspect cg will have budgeted for all this stuff cos I rather fear that 5 yrs from the rangers will be winning trebles in front of full houses and cg will sell to the fans at a huge profit and ride off into the sunset :(

I slightly suspect cg will have budgeted for all this stuff cos I rather fear that 5 yrs from the rangers will be winning trebles in front of full houses and cg will sell to the fans at a huge profit and ride off into the sunset :(

Long time to hold out while putting together a warchest. They're never going to find another idiot like Murray, unless the Sheik of Araby comes riding along on his camel. ;)

Yes, that's pretty much how I see it, so long as the Double Contract verdict gets announced and appropriate sanctions are put in place ie stripping the relevant honours.

Bit disappointing though that they'll probably now manage to put together a strong enough squad to walk the 3rd division. They don't need money for transfer fees, just for wages. Even if they average 5-6000, they'll still make a lot more money than the others. The fact that they're Rangers should also attract some decent, but brain-dead lower league players. If they get to the starting line over the next couple of weeks, they'll probably do well in their league.

I must have missed the bit where newco were magically exempted from the twenty odd million fixed costs pa including tax ni vat gas leccy water maintenance business rates cod for suppliers who want pro forms etc

Quite liking your logic Lip.

The Ben Johnson analogy does kind of stand up, but I still have no real desire to have that Cup added to our honours. The only tangible benefit that I can see is that it would get us removed from VikingTon's list of the perennially diddy.

What gets me about the latest suggestions is that Rangers fans are fighting to keep said honours. Why the Hell would you want them?

When clubs have forfeited ties, been fined, or required to replay, for genuine clerical errors in the past in one off games, there's been a general acceptance that that's how it must be.

When Queens got heavily fined for fielding Jamie Adams against Cowedenbeath in 2007, Queens fans were furious, not with the SFA, but with Queens for making the mistake.

I know it's not fair to expect logic, sense or decency from those on RM, but it's still striking that they're so furious about the whole idea of not being allowed to keep things they got through deliberate and systematic cheating.

Its all about winning for them, it doesnt matter how much shame they bring on the club or the nation as long as theres a wee trophy at the end of it.

If they take the trophies away they should be awarded to the runners up, thats just my personal opinion.

Mainly because it will press home the enormity of their cheating, which I dont believe has actually sunk in with most of them yet. Once they see clubs like QOS, St Mirren, Motherwell, and Dundee getting rewarded it might just dawn on them.

Anyone who ventures into those dark recesses tell us how this has gone down on RM thusfar?

From their perspective, I suppose the plus-sides are keeping their history and being able to supplement the squad now...

... the downsides are accepting the "illegal" embargo and (potentially) not being able to sign anyone next summer.

Stable door "to be bolted soon":

http://wingsland.pod...be-bolted-soon/

"The club will also be able to sign players, albeit briefly, in next summer’s transfer window, because a quirk of the calendar means it’ll be open for a day after Sevco’s embargo expires. There’s nothing to stop “Rangers” negotiating transfers next summer, then doing all the actual signings on September 2nd, so the punishment only really applies to the January 2013 window. In effect, rather than a 12-month ban it’s actually a four-week one.)"

It'll be January 2014 before they can sign anyone after this window shuts. This is why Hughie has been hinting at letting Edu, Bocanegro et al fly the coop as there's no way he can keep them on the books in Div 3. I reckon the ban should have been backdated to the date of the first tribunal as there was no need for a reconvening.

"The club will also be able to sign players, albeit briefly, in next summer's transfer window, because a quirk of the calendar means it'll be open for a day after Sevco's embargo expires. There's nothing to stop "Rangers" negotiating transfers next summer, then doing all the actual signings on September 2nd, so the punishment only really applies to the January 2013 window. In effect, rather than a 12-month ban it's actually a four-week one.)"

That's pure speculation though.

It's up to individual countries to extend, and (IIRC) Scotland hasn't always done so.

Double contracts won't/can't be resolved until the Big Tax Case is announced which should be any day now...

Edit to add

The SFA should have written the punishment as no signings for two transfer windows, if that is what they want he punishment o be then that is what they should've written.

Edited by Jim McLean's Ghost