Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Stripping titles.

I know this has been discussed before but adding my view.

Initially I thought stripping titles from Rangers was enough. I didnt think the titles should then be awarded to the runners up. Being told St Mirren had now won the league cup in 2010 would be completely flat.

However, given the attitude from Rangers fans that they will continue to claim their 'victories', I've now had a change of mind. All cups should be awarded to the runners up as a 3-0 result. The re-written league tables should show Rangers with a 30 points deduction for cheating. Removing their titles isnt enough, they should be seen as having 'lost' them. Show them as losers in every competition they cheated in. Record them as losers in the history books for ever.

This would be far more embarrassing and far more humiliating for them. A far more just punishment.

Amen brother ????

Both of you had different upbringings, that's how it goes. In my own situation I was aware from an early age 'cos my mum remarried a orangeman. which is ironic (i think) as her first husband was a catholic.

I used to wonder why my pals in the scheme went to a different school. Until I was telt they 'wur papes'.

That probably explains why I ended up supporting Celtic to piss off my stepdad and go the games with my pals. I was aware of the troubles partly because my uncles were posted there. Funnily enough I never heard any sectarian shite from them.

Rikki Fulton was funny but Boney M were shite and The Clash first album is still a favorite from that time. So let's get back

to Sevco or we'll end up like the Yorkshire Men sketch.smile.gif

I fully understand everyone has a different upbringing, that's why I'm not allowing the rocket to pigeon hole everyone into his upbringing.

Judging by the discussions on here, I've been seriously cotton-woolled as far as Orange/Catholic village allegiances are concerned, being brought up in Renfrewshire, I don't think there are any towns/villages which have an overt profile one way or another there, the only one I was aware of was Larkhall, until I moved to Airdrie, obviously still in Lanarkshire (like Larkhall) and being made aware of the Coatbridge/Airdrie biases, and some of the surrounding mining villages. I'm getting a bit of an education re. Ayrshire. Maybe it's the coal-mining heritage which is responsible, as Renfrewshire doesn't have any and never did (as far as I'm aware)

I now live in Ayrshire and was surprised at the Rangers allegiance everywhere. Rarely come across a Celtic top but plenty of 3Div XXXL tops. A hotbed of Protestantism and extremism.

Renfrewshire towns and villages are pretty equally divided per town / village as far as I am aware. From Primary School in Paisley I was aware of the Great Divide which was accentuated in Secondary School. I could not get my head round it and when I became interested in football my local team was the logical choice for me and could not understand why Buddies would support the OF. Years later I realised it was because of their elders brainwashing them - they never worked it out for themselves.

I now live in Ayrshire and was surprised at the Rangers allegiance everywhere. Rarely come across a Celtic top but plenty of 3Div XXXL tops. A hotbed of Protestantism and extremism.

Renfrewshire towns and villages are pretty equally divided per town / village as far as I am aware. From Primary School in Paisley I was aware of the Great Divide which was accentuated in Secondary School. I could not get my head round it and when I became interested in football my local team was the logical choice for me and could not understand why Buddies would support the OF. Years later I realised it was because of their elders brainwashing them - they never worked it out for themselves.

I think Thumper is one that worked it out for himself, hope I've not got him confused with someone else.

Been having a good laugh at the punishment thread on RM.

"IF found guilty of dual contracts the punishment should be:- a warning not to do it again And the SPL should tighten up on their rule book, clearly stating the punishment if found guilty."

Well that certainly seems a fair one.

http://forum.rangers...howtopic=232073

crabflute.gif

Edited by MarreZ

Flag waving political agenda? Proudly waving your own countries flag has somehow become offensive?

You really don't see it do you? You've actually no idea what image the club projects to the real world. Things are worse than I thought.

We'll agree to disagree, but one thing has become clear: the now defunct Rangers will hardly be missed. The near unanimous rejoicing throughout Scotland shows that the club was almost universally despised. Has anyone stopped to ask why people are dancing on the grave of old Rangers?

Waving 43,000 union flags while living in denial - as the club and fans threaten and intimidate all and sundry - if that's quintessentially British, you can keep that, and the union flag waving.

Edited by Danish Pastry

Been having a good laugh at the punishment thread on RM.

"IF found guilty of dual contracts the punishment should be:- 1) a warning not to do it again And 2) the SPL should 3) tighten up on their rule book, clearly stating the punishment if found guilty."

Well that certainly seems a fair one.

http://forum.rangers...howtopic=232073

crabflute.gif

1) or go and sit on The Naughty Step for half an hour.

2) surely an SFA issue, not SPL?

3) It's no' the peepul's fault 'cos the SFA/SPL's rule books are the problem.

Truly deluded and not an effin clue.

Another rule: if you're going to try to win an argument, at least try to get your facts right.

Apart from anything else, the Celtic boys club in question had nothing to do with Celtic.

A couple of glasgow guys just started a kids team and named it the Celtic boys club.

I wouldnt let facts get in the way of arguments, if you believe Rangers fans half of them who spout about this seem to think Jock Stein himself was doing the kiddy fiddling.

I fully understand everyone has a different upbringing, that's why I'm not allowing the rocket to pigeon hole everyone into his upbringing.

Exactly ayrmad, ignore the rocket but mind you I'm finding the rest of the descriptions from the other posters quite interesting probably, maybe not relevant to the thread, mind you we've discussed a german philospher and his STD on this thread, so what the hellrolleyes.gif

I can only imagine what P&B would have been like 30 or 40 years ago, youngsters today know far more about things than your average youngster did back then.

You really don't see it do you? You've actually no idea what image the club projects to the real world. Things are worse than I thought.

We'll agree to disagree, but one thing has become clear: the now defunct Rangers will hardly be missed. The near unanimous rejoicing throughout Scotland shows that the club was almost universally despised. Has anyone stopped to ask why people are dancing on the grave of old Rangers?

Waving 43,000 union flags while living in denial - as the club and fans threaten and intimidate all and sundry - if that's quintessentially British, you can keep that, and the union flag waving.

You are the one that has not got a clue. You didn't know about the Saltire on the strips. You had no idea that the support had made a concious effort to bring in more Scottish flags to the games.

There is not a chance you are in anyway a Rangers supporter. The utter hatred in this post would do Captain Sensible proud.

We will keep our flag because...well it is OUR Flag!! We will continue to fly both proudly above our stadium.

I can only imagine what P&B would have been like 30 or 40 years ago, youngsters today know far more about things than your average youngster did back then.

.Tx6tU.jpg

Perhaps not.

Apart from anything else, the Celtic boys club in question had nothing to do with Celtic.

A couple of glasgow guys just started a kids team and named it the Celtic boys club.

I wouldnt let facts get in the way of arguments, if you believe Rangers fans half of them who spout about this seem to think Jock Stein himself was doing the kiddy fiddling.

How did he know then, if it had nothing to do with Celtic? Or is that just a twisted myth..?

Aye,em were the days.You could leave your threads open without fear of undesirables coming in,we used to sit round the radio bored to tears with the Archers,rather than the Archies (McPherson)

A greggs roll was when big John Greig got booted in the happies and was rolling about the centre circle, and the only liquidating we ever did was on the home made potato brew.

You are the one that has not got a clue. You didn't know about the Saltire on the strips. You had no idea that the support had made a concious effort to bring in more Scottish flags to the games.

There is not a chance you are in anyway a Rangers supporter. The utter hatred in this post would do Captain Sensible proud.

We will keep our flag because...well it is OUR Flag!! We will continue to fly both proudly above our stadium.

Rangers v Sevco thread for this p1sh! :P