Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Good little read about the PR disaster that has been Rangers/The Rangers/Sevco 5088 since Valentine's Day this year. Particularly like the analogy of the spoiled child syndrome that is prevalent among the peepell. I've often thought they reminded me of my 9 year old stamping her feet and refusing to clean her room.

http://oldpesky.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/tae-see-oursels-as-others-see-us.html

Ok, I've had a wee look at this Napoli president to buy rangers story.

Nowhere does he actually say anything about buying rangers. What he did say was that he would like to bring back to life a fallen giant, and that he just happens to have an office in London. This however seems to have more to do with trying to compete with a rival president, Pozzo, who owns Udinese and Watford.

2+2=5 again in the media.

Interestingly what is rumoured is that whatever club he takes over, if any, would be handed over to Edy Reja, former Lazio and Napoli coach, to rebuild the club.

So if he is interested in rangers Sevco (my bad) then Sally might as well start clearing his desk.

Edited by PeeTeeJag

Do you think Turnbull Hutton will be on the cover :)

How '*****y' is Mr Hutton? In all seriousness, if there was one person to be on the cover, it would be Craig Whyte. He's the one name that unites what is otherwise, on the internet at least, a horrifically fractured and dysfunctional fanbase

That's pretty much what the horse-trading at the SFA is to determine. OldCo/NewCo will be a 'merely' a corporate rather than 'football' distinction if the SFA membership is transferred. Transferral will mean continuation in the football sense

Campbell Ogilvie's SFA will do everything it takes to ensure their pet club's history will be welded on to Servco so that 'it doesn't die'. The fact they are even discussing the situation with the bigoted cheats is pathetic and shows little has changed in the corridors of power.

And you sir are still fantasing.

A more innocent age 30 or 40 years ago? Sorry, but... :lol:

In the 1970s and 1980 the Troubles in Northern Ireland had kicked off in earnest (even Boney M, the biggest act of the time, had a Top Ten hit protesting against the violence and hatred), one of the major encouragement of all this sectarian bile, every news report (including good old John Craven's Newsround) mentioned what was going on, and Rikki Fulton was about to do a very famous sketch on Scotland most popular TV show of the time "Scotch 'N' Wry" lampooning Rangers no-Catholics signing policy.

Oh, and Old Firm fans were to riot at a cup final at Hampden full of sectarian bile.

Sectarianism was very much alive and kicking back in the days the Old Firm were at the height of their powers and doing all they could to exploit it and encourage it.

So you'll forgive my scepticism towards people from 30 or 40 years back saying they "knew nothing about it until their teens".

I'm with Ayrmad here, stop selective reading,

He said "life as a KID was more innocent 30 or 40 years ago" & he's bang on, 30 years ago I was 6, but right up till I started high schooI, in the days before internet, before cartoons like bugs bunny were replaced with South Park & Family Guy Ihad no idea where NI was, Boney M, nope sorry hadn't heard of them, Ricky Fulton, who???? Sectarianism? Non catholic signing policy? Nah didn't know what any of that meant, and Rangers & Celtic were just another two football teams............

The innocence of youth eh...

Edited by RoversMad

Just received this email from Airdrie FC.........

"This game was a bounce game, behind closed doors.As such permission is not required. It was a game used for both Managers to look at formations and to look at possible squad members."

Edited by PeeTeeJag

Good little read about the PR disaster that has been Rangers/The Rangers/Sevco 5088 since Valentine's Day this year. Particularly like the analogy of the spoiled child syndrome that is prevalent among the peepell. I've often thought they reminded me of my 9 year old stamping her feet and refusing to clean her room.

http://oldpesky.blog...ers-see-us.html

Before Valentine's Day next year i feel certain that some entrepreneurs will have designed some special edition Valentine's cards to take the piss out of the orcs some more. wink.gif

Campbell Ogilvie's SFA will do everything it takes to ensure their pet club's history will be welded on to Servco so that 'it doesn't die'. The fact they are even discussing the situation with the bigoted cheats is pathetic and shows little has changed in the corridors of power.

My take on it is that the SFA are trying to impose a 'football creditor' rule on NewCo as part of the transferral. The SFA, if they were Ogilvie's lapdogs rather than just spectacularly inept and out of their depth, would surely approve the transfer without discussion. The SFA do seem have been wearing two hats: the first (a feckin' wide 10 galloner now discarded) is that of the financier trying to keep the money coming in and the second (a rather dapper straw boater only lately adopted) is that of the adminstrator realising that the game is up.

That's pretty much what the horse-trading at the SFA is to determine. OldCo/NewCo will be a 'merely' a corporate rather than 'football' distinction if the SFA membership is transferred. Transferral will mean continuation in the football sense

And liability for sanctions associated with the OldCo.

Comment one seems to sum up everything. I dunno how it's possible to miss the point quite so much.

Quicker if they just write down the names who support their agenda,

everyone else being a given.

Writing is just about all they on RM seem motivated to do. Whether the other like-minded forums are the same or not, I couldn't tell you, but this one is pretty much full of impotent rage. Impotent in two ways - one is they'll just sit there and do nothing and the other is the invention of non-existent entities and conspiracies to rage about. There may be a debate about whether the Diddy Rising will affect football in Scotland in a positive or negative manner (I'm well in the positive camp), but it's a debate that will never be applied to the indolent inhabitants of that particular void who use the euphemism 'dignified silence' for their own unwillingness to organise a unified front on their club's behalf

Edited by The Old Northerner

And liability for footballing sanctions associated with the OldCo's football failings.

It's important, I think, to stress the distinction between 'football' and 'corporate' dealings where possible. Corporate is more OldCo/HMRC territory now and NewCo is free. The footballing stuff is the battle-ground now

The content's not bad, but sentences like those below make me sad:

"I don’t claim any great allegiance to the work of Robert Burns, but there’s no denying some of his classic lines carry as relevant now as they ever were, if not more."

"The more hyperbolic his diatribe became the more readers and listeners seen through his thinly disguised agenda of saving Rangers at all costs."