Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Stripping titles.

I know this has been discussed before but adding my view.

Initially I thought stripping titles from Rangers was enough. I didnt think the titles should then be awarded to the runners up. Being told St Mirren had now won the league cup in 2010 would be completely flat.

However, given the attitude from Rangers fans that they will continue to claim their 'victories', I've now had a change of mind. All cups should be awarded to the runners up as a 3-0 result. The re-written league tables should show Rangers with a 30 points deduction for cheating. Removing their titles isnt enough, they should be seen as having 'lost' them. Show them as losers in every competition they cheated in. Record them as losers in the history books for ever.

This would be far more embarrassing and far more humiliating for them. A far more just punishment.

But surely they've been punished enough?

f**k me I'm in Glasgow that day and to meant to be meeting some friends for lunch in the city centre somewhere, no doubt it will be on most places.

Where can I get hold of a Brechin top? :)

Wee Shop next to The Grapes on Paisley Road West...HTH ;)

A break with the past. I had hoped for some kind of Saltire on a new logo, just to emphasize that they are a Scottish team.

But you're probably right to be a bit sceptical. There's strong forces who want no change. The club might not make it through the season though, unless Green really is serious. Can you imagine another adminstration? It's not beyond credibility.

PS thanks for your kind comments yesterday regarding a post I'd made

Rangers had a Saltire on their last strip. The Rangers supporters groups have made a point of bringing Saltires to the games. You keep banging on about this but clearly are out of touch regarding this issue.

But have Rangers successfully registered to play in the SFL next season? This talk of BBC Alba seems a bit premature.

I said ages ago in this thread that if Sevco manage to get going as a Div 3 side, TV companies would want to cover them. I also said that I couldn't understand why bawbags like Traynor and the other red top Rangers apologists couldn't cover the Sevco story in their rags. I actually think it is an interesting story. Problem though - Traynor and Co are bricking it at having to be creative in portraying this story. They are conditioned by decades of licking Rangers' arse and writing 'Rangers set to swoop for Atletico Madrid midfield star...'

Seriously though, if this was a normal SPL season, and it was Rangers v Motherwell or whatever, I wouldn't even glance at the match report. If it was Peterhead v Sevco or whoever - as a football fan, not simply a St Mirren fan, I'd actually want to read about it. How did the game pan out? How did the two teams match-up in standard? What was the attendance figure? Did Green show up? Etc...

Seems that armageddon could be averted. In regard to the SPL and Sky... I genuinely hope all parties are sitting down and discussing things like adults, with neither side attempting to hold either a financial or emotional gun to the others head.

I definitely see a big benefit to Sky TV if they do a good deal here that satisfies them, and the SPL. They might have lost TCFKAR, but 10,000 plus for a Dundee derby friendly? This season's SPL is far from a dead rubber. On the contrary, Scottish football is looking intriguing this season - right through the leagues.

Time for Cockwomble & Co to redeem themselves and do a deal.

'Mon the Cockwomble. Cough, splutter, choke...

So in the mighty bidding war between the tv companies, BBC Alba got the gig?

You'd think Al Jazeera would have put more of an effort in.

I heard that Sally was informed of Al Jazeera's interest but said they probably couldn't afford his wages. biggrin.gif

Rangers had a Saltire on their last strip. The Rangers supporters groups have made a point of bringing Saltires to the games. You keep banging on about this but clearly are out of touch regarding this issue.

If the club has to fly a flag (and let's be honest it aint gonna be the league title flag) then it should only be the saltire. Flying the Union Jack has nothing to do with the club and is only there for the benefit of the bigots, as is the vast number of red hands of ulster. Again, f**k all to do with the football club. Celtic, are you listening? You can pack in this pish as well.

Oh and by the way, God Save the Queen? She doesn't give a flying f**k about rangers.

Just sayin'.

ahh rangers,I remember them.

Stripping titles.

I know this has been discussed before but adding my view.

Initially I thought stripping titles from Rangers was enough. I didnt think the titles should then be awarded to the runners up. Being told St Mirren had now won the league cup in 2010 would be completely flat.

However, given the attitude from Rangers fans that they will continue to claim their 'victories', I've now had a change of mind. All cups should be awarded to the runners up as a 3-0 result. The re-written league tables should show Rangers with a 30 points deduction for cheating. Removing their titles isnt enough, they should be seen as having 'lost' them. Show them as losers in every competition they cheated in. Record them as losers in the history books for ever.

This would be far more embarrassing and far more humiliating for them. A far more just punishment.

I, too, thought that awarding them to the runners up was not a fair thing to do

since any team defeated by them in a cup COULD have gone on to win it.

The league (in this country anyway) is a bit different but should be treated same as cups

for the sake of fairness. IMO

Although your idea is tempting, they could still be shown as losers but title, or trophy,

cancelled for that year.

"They" seem to think it's going to happen, due to leaked document (daily rhecord).

Anyone know if there's any truth in it?

Blue in work was sitting in the pub last night and overheard a group of guys playing pool talking about what has happened to rangers. Seems one of them said he blamed the catholics. His mates laughed until the guy stated that the decline started when Souness started signing catholics, and that his dad hasn't been back at Ibrox since. No one debated the point. That's what got to Blue.

This guy maybe in the minority, but it's still sad to see that in 2012 some fans still have this attitude. sad.gif

Blue a bit down today, and for the first time has said that he fears the endgame isnt far away.

I actually feel sorry for the guy despite all the laughs we've had at his expense the past few months.

If the club has to fly a flag (and let's be honest it aint gonna be the league title flag) then it should only be the saltire. Flying the Union Jack has nothing to do with the club and is only there for the benefit of the bigots, as is the vast number of red hands of ulster. Again, f**k all to do with the football club. Celtic, are you listening? You can pack in this pish as well.

Oh and by the way, God Save the Queen? She doesn't give a flying f**k about rangers.

Just sayin'.

All clubs used to fly the Union Flag at their grounds when playing at Home...Yes even celtic although theirs was well hidden away from the Jungle where they flew the Irish Tri Colour as well as the Basque flag for some reason.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with flying both the Saltire and the Union Flag..as you point out we do have a spare flag pole

Out of boredom I have emailed the BBC website asking if there was any reason other than laziness or ignorance that they are still showing Dundee FC in SFL1 in both table & fixtures and the SPLm is still listing Club12

They can't just strike a deal with Peterhead though, as SFL clubs can't sell their individual match rights... SFL (or whoever is their media agent) should be striking an overall deal for all/many SFL3 ties, IMO, as this should realise more ££. Perhaps sell the first few games one-by-one if TV companies are a bit jumpy, then look to establish a proper deal once things get going.

They are already in talks with the SFL...As i said right from the start if the SFL play this right it could financially benefit all of the Scottish Football League. Just because Rangers are in the SFL 3 is not going to stop the supporters wanting to see the club playing

They owe the bitch £80,000,000. Pretty sure she gives a f**k!

But, but, but if she loves the club and fans that sing her praises every week and tell us all how much they love her with their tattoos, couldn't she just let it slide?

Dear RFC (or whatever you are called nowadays.

Her Maj would like it to be made known that she does not wish for any singing of God Save the Queen to be heard within a 100 mile radius of Govan. Anyone who does so will be shot on sight by Phillip.

The Queen does see the irony in a racist, bigot shooting other racist, bigots but feels that she has the right to do this. The embargo will be lifted only when the £80 million that you kept in your sky rocket is returned to her, as it was only a loan.

All the best for the coming shinty season.

Much love and kisses

The Office of Liz xxx

Edited by PeeTeeJag

Sky have been in touch with Peterhead they want too show the game ph34r.gif

They can't just strike a deal with Peterhead though, as SFL clubs can't sell their individual match rights... SFL (or whoever is their media agent) should be striking an overall deal for all/many SFL3 ties, IMO, as this should realise more ££. Perhaps sell the first few games 1-by-1 if TV companies are a bit jumpy, then look to establish a proper deal once things get going.

It's a great exposure opportunity, too.

But, but, but if she loves the club and fans that sing her praises every week and tell us all how much they love her with their tattoos, couldn't she just let it slide?

Dear RFC (or whatever you are called nowadays.

Her Maj would like it to be made known that she does not wish for any singing of God Save the Queen to be heard within a 100 mile radius of Govan. Anyone who does so will be shot on sight by Phillip.

The Queen does see the irony in a racist, bigot shooting other racist, bigots but feels that she has the right to do this. The embargo will be lifted only when the £80 million that you kept in your sky rocket is returned to her, as it was only a loan.

All the best for the coming shinty season.

Much love and kisses

The Office of Liz xxx

Sussed. If that was a genuine letter it would be on headed paper.