Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

That was one of the things at the time of the 10 point deduction for going into administration and they had numpties outside the 'big house' going on about chasing the title rolleyes.gif

Indeed. A long forgotten LOL aspect to the fat "Big Hoose must Stay Open" Bun's verge of tears rant was that he prefaced it by pointing out that "the title is gone now", as if this was in any way relevant to the matter at hand.

They were probably believing Jim Traynors exclusive of a £25m warchest if the deal went thru, they never were that bright. Lesson 1 of sports journalism - never ever believe anything Traynor says or writes.

Still remember hearing Traynor trying to explain how his story was correct on sportsound one saturday, 10 minutes of backtracking, contradictions, shouting over others, and just pure pish. Better than Chick's backtracking over the Hearts penalty points story that was pure shite.

(By the way this is one 'exclusive' that should never ever be forgotten.)

This comment taken from below that "exclusive" pretty much sums up the average intellect of the 200,000 of them who were in Manchester back in 2008 -

NaeDoughheresto3inarow

7:28 AM on 19/11/2010

sniff sniff sniff......can you smell it..? Yes that is Walter & Ally lighting thier hand rolled cuban cigars with £100 pound notes that have fallen out of the pocket of Mr Whyte LOADS A MONEY....!!!! Top of the league still in europe after christmas and that's when we're skint, wait till the big billionaire steps in. I can just imagine old Reid and Lawwell over in Giroville greetin thier wee eyes oot

laugh.gif

If you read what I wrote you would see that I used the term "employed proper journalists". I don't think Traynor knew, or was particularly interested in finding out, what was going on.

It was just the wee toeing the party line I was answering, you are correct about Traytor though, he'll be along shortly with his proclamations as he always covered every base with a wee throwaway as a get out for later.

Great post - particularly this. There will never be a better time to get rid this element. However, with the desperate need to bring in funds (and the rumour persisting about Mark Dingwall getting a place on the board at some point), I have my doubts.

Cheers mate. I honestly expected to hear more from a 'silent majority' of decent Rangers' fans throughout all this. But there seems to be a collective denial of the reality of what's happened. The club I've always thought of as my club now seems to be run by ultra-Unionists and BNP types. It embarressing. I've no idea how these people managed to take over. They don't speak for me.

read the comments below the article, there are a few Gers fans commenting and actually believing it, so no wonder they are in the merde.

"There have been rumours that Whyte is a front for someone else but the Motherwell-born entrepreneur is very much his own man."

Oh ma sides, make it stop

laugh.giflaugh.gif

"There have been rumours that Whyte is a front for someone else but the Motherwell-born entrepreneur is very much his own man."

Oh ma sides, make it stop

laugh.giflaugh.gif

Very disappointing omission of both "billionaire" and "off the scale wealth".

2 New directors named today. Expect Leggo to have their entire history online tomorrow ;)

is it Guy of Gisborne and the sherriff of Nottingham or two others?

Beat2k

the problem with having a year out of football, is getting back into the leagues, would there be a place for us in 1 season.Also if we did drop to 49 titles and the Sceptic got put up to 48, you forget Linfield still have 50 titles, we would be on 49, and if we won any of the lower leagues they still count, so even the unwashed having a free run of winning the SPL and adding to their titles, we would still be adding to ours as well, assuming they actually allow us to win anything, with amount of penalties they want to place on us, it would seem their doing everything they can to stop us.

DOH! that is not how it works,it's only the top tier titles that will be counted.

Ghost Town by The Specials in my head for some reason. What Ibrox will look like at a home match after 2 months?

How about "All the Way Down" by Biffy Clyro?

The inevitable documentary about the whole affair can use "Long Road to Ruin" by the Foo Fighters as the theme tune.

How about "All the Way Down" by Biffy Clyro?

The inevitable documentary about the whole affair can use "Long Road to Ruin" by the Foo Fighters as the theme tune.

Documentary? Hurrumph... there'll be no documantaries until the Daily Traynor have serialised 'Ally - My Ibrox Heartache'.

I should copyright this title. I've predicted it will happen on at least five pages of this mighty thread... Should stick a fiver on with PaddyPower. Mind you, my predictions on the first post of this thread were wildly wrong, but no, I feel confident here - we will see 'Ally - My Ibrox Heartache' in the Daily Traynor. :)

Edited by pozbaird

Hows this for a Chrissie Prezzie - come the transfer window in January why dont some of the better SPL clubs with promising youngsters or even better established guys loan these to the better 3rd Div sides i.e. a wee bit of help along the way does nobody any harm. You get ma drift!

Cheers mate. I honestly expected to hear more from a 'silent majority' of decent Rangers' fans throughout all this. But there seems to be a collective denial of the reality of what's happened. The club I've always thought of as my club now seems to be run by ultra-Unionists and BNP types. It embarressing. I've no idea how these people managed to take over. They don't speak for me.

Yes - I always thought these people were a minority, however this saga has made me realise that they're not quite as small a minority as I originally thought. The only way to combat it is from the top down. There has been some effort to do so, but these people have landed us with fines on two occasions now for their singing, and many don't seem to care (if anything was going to stop them you would think it might be the realisation that their actions are hurting the club). "WATP and we'll sing what we like", they cry.

I still don't believe RangersMedia is representative of the entire fan base (I'm lead to believe FF is worse, but I don't post there), but the paranoia, denial, blame passing, and victim-mentality that has festered there in recent months is quite frightening. Where there was once a home to sane voices, these are now hounded out with unified cries of "Declan", "t**g", and "tarrier". Don't even get me started on the death threats to Green, Doncaster, Regan et al.

My big fear it that this mentality manifests itself even more strongly next season (assuming a license is granted and Sevco stays solvent long enough to start one). In fact, I don't think there's any doubt that the first few games will be ugly as the support as a whole blow off steam from the last few months. After a few games I expect the crowds to dwindle, and that's the time to properly address this. At that point I'll be writing to Green to ask what his master plan is for wiping it out. I'm not holding my breath for a reply through.

Several of my friends have viewed this as time for a "clean break", and I can't say I blame them in the slightest.

Edited by Huistrinho